How many times do you see a great thread get trashed or hijacked for various reasons and I'll take the "Stand" and say I'm the worst for doing that..  So when I'm acting stupid tell me to trash it here, get it?? Rants - Cheers - Pet Peeves - or your Aunt Lilly, bring it..  (More then likely the dumbest thread anybody started, but I tried to keep it stupid, stupid) - The Forum Moderators rules still apply, no obscene pics, raunchy language and personal attacks, those will be reported and deleted if not changed...

(edited 9/13/2017 - Added link Request for Forum Etiquette - Added another link 9/21/2017 Forum filtering )

 

To Quote the Great Rick Becker.....

"When a perfectly valid and good question is asked, the thread gets a lot of great answers and some more questions. Once the questions has been answered to each persons (this includes you and me) satisfaction, we no longer need or want the discussion to continue.
We get the emails notifying us that another (and another and another and another...) post has been made and we get frustrated with the time wasting and we get snarky.

The other thing that seems to happen all too often is a post gets hijacked. The discussion moves off of the initial topic (ONE and TWO...) into many sub topics. Sometimes this happens and the initial question hasn't been totally answered."

 

Another Great Quote from Dennis Dohogne

 

"Hey, SWX guys and gals, what if we used THIS post for some of our more fun or tangential comments so we keep the other posts with more serious discussions from getting distracted/off-topic (polluted)?"

How about this from BMX'rerer Todd Blacksher

 

- In an effort to keep the posts somewhat on topic, and make it easy to pick out the "good information," a couple of us thought it would be a good idea to put in a water cooler. Are you completely confused? It's simple, if there is a thread where we are all helping someone find a solution, and it makes you think of something semi-related, you can say "Head over to "The Kitty Dump"

 

We need a good quote from Kelef Man to get it started.....

 

 

Save the Kitty Litter (Google) and Search with dogpile.com - the best search engine in town....


Categories: General

Comments
Last comment By: Tom Gagnon   Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:10:36 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Wam Bam Thank you Mam - we got hit with [mikecoins@qq.com]Arena

 

 

 

Those are files on our server that used to be Excel Files - I need to back up what I can...

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:02:36 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

uh-Oh!

By: Edward Poole  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:18:15 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

John Stoltzfus wrote:

 

Wam Bam Thank you Mam - we got hit with [mikecoins@qq.com]Arena

 

 

 

Those are files on our server that used to be Excel Files - I need to back up what I can...

That looks nasty! 

By: Tony Tieuli  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:22:57 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

The way forward has been paved already.

Pay the ransom and get your files back.

Sad but true.

By: Rick Becker  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:22:59 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

It hit all of our Alpha Cam Files and all our AutoCAD Files, appears it piggy backed an email our Custom Service guy opened last week...

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:24:47 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Bummer, I hope you guys have a back-up tape somewhere...

By: Edward Poole  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:27:34 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

John Stoltzfus wrote:

... appears it piggy backed an email our Custom Service guy opened last week...

You Custom Service Guy needs a private tour of the Pit of Misery Dilly! Dilly!

Bud Light Banquet Pit of Misery TV Commercial 2017 (:45) - YouTube

By: Rick Becker  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:50:27 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick Becker wrote:

 

Pay the ransom and get your files back.

IF the ransom achieves that. Some RW's don't even pay off from paying out. YMMV, to put it lightly.

I would instead look for a decryptor for data, and rollback entirety of affected machines to cloned images, overwriting whole drive. That wouldn't help either, if the threat resides or backs itself up in BIOS or RAM. Paying up is last resort, imho.

In meantime, quarantine and isolate affected devices. I shudder. Good luck.

By: Tom Gagnon  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:56:12 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

wow, I heard about this but this is the first I seen in our industry. We are worried about this and our IT has a pretty tight lock down on our

network. So this got in thru a personal email or company email?

By: Francisco Martínez  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 20:33:26 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I shared some links.. awaiting moderation.

For all your ransomware issues, I recommend you Google: no more ransom . Great stuff at that org.

By: Tom Gagnon  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:13:01 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Thanks for the link, im sure google will have a ton of info on this

By: Francisco Martínez  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:56:11 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Thanks Tom Gagnon - I'm sure the guys will get through this, but I did remind the owner just before I left yesterday that they might need to pay up, but we have a very good IT guy, so I'm confident that they'll be up and running.  It didn't hit any of my SW files as of late Friday, but it was still growing, so to speak..

By: John Stoltzfus  Sat, 11 Nov 2017 12:17:22 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Happy Saturday all,

 

Here is a dilemma I face often, How do I model these holes?

 

It really is not a matter of how, but why? I remember these holes being round on my drawing20171108_130943.jpg

By: Francisco Martínez  Sat, 11 Nov 2017 15:58:51 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

suggest you apply "DHMO-STD-100" to the hole callout.

By: Paul Salvador  Sat, 11 Nov 2017 17:00:51 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

It was not that bad to draw, measuring it was the pain

Untitled.png

By: Francisco Martínez  Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:25:17 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Whats dhmo?

By: Francisco Martínez  Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:27:54 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I’m going with Dihydrogen Monoxide ... pretty dangerous stuff ...

By: Todd Blacksher  Sat, 11 Nov 2017 19:50:06 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I get it now and its hilarious, mfg process is chemical erosion lolDHMO.png

By: Francisco Martínez  Sun, 12 Nov 2017 00:39:26 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Francisco Martínez wrote:

 

Happy Saturday all,

 

Here is a dilemma I face often, How do I model these holes?

 

It really is not a matter of how, but why? I remember these holes being round on my drawing20171108_130943.jpg

That reminds me of a time the shop foreman brought me some really odd looking parts that were clearly a manufacturing screw-up.  I gave them a very studious look and told him, "Rick, if I had specified that on the drawing you would have told me you couldn't do it."

By: Dennis Dohogne  Sun, 12 Nov 2017 01:05:55 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Now tell them that you need 10 more EXACTLY the same!

 

Dave

By: Dave Bear  Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:07:37 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

They're still cleaning up our server this morning - apparently by mid morning they should have it cleaned up, I'm curious how they made out..

By: John Stoltzfus  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:12:39 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff
By: John Stoltzfus  Sat, 11 Nov 2017 13:33:51 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Specific report about the one John's got:

 

Victims report: authors of Arena ransomware virus are scammers

Recently, we received information from a computer user who suffered from .Arena virus attack. After contacting developers via sindragosa@bigmir.net, he was asked to pay 500 euros for data recovery, but criminals asked to transfer the same sum of money two more times. However, after spending 1500 euros, a victim did not receive a decryption key.

from: Remove Arena ransomware virus (Removal Guide) - Oct 2017 update

 

I also found this while searching. New Arena CryptoMix Ransomware Variant Released

I imagine your IT has already Googled "arena ransomware" which led me to these links. Tip: don't trust advertised links in search results regarding ransomware.

By: Tom Gagnon  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 21:51:38 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

FWIW, I recommend installing BitDefender Anti-Ransomware. It only protects against 4 families of it, but it's free, passive, and doesn't require updates.

 

John Stoltzfus, I believe you ought to check out https://www.nomoreransom.org/en/index.html

This article is fairly useful when trying to remediate: Remove ransomware infections from your PC using these free tools | ZDNet

I collect these decryptors on an external drive, just in case. I hope it helps.

By: Tom Gagnon  Fri, 10 Nov 2017 21:41:09 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

darn looks like someone ran the plasma to fast when cutting those....or used a worn out tip. 

By: David Matula  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:18:40 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

we actually have a box of them

By: Francisco Martínez  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:11:24 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Thats pretty close to what they told me, new operator and he forgot to set the start/end point to the center of the arc.

By: Francisco Martínez  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:13:03 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

What a 2 weeks...2.5k miles of traveling.  Funerals & birthdays are some occasions that require those long rides in the vehicles.  Should have taken flying lessons and saved some money to rent a plane. 

This weekend was better than the last...celebrating the little ladies B-day.  Told her all week that work was rough and tough and that we would most likely have to work the weekend.  Then made the 5 hr drive to take her out to dinner for her b-day.  Saturday made it to the Veterans Day parade back home.  Got to talk to some fellow veterans, and they have some great stories to tell.  Then it was time to buy food for the BBQ, for the B-day party I had been working on all week.  It was really great that most of the people showed up that said that they would.  Not sure how the heck I am still here but so far the pain aches and miles have been worth every bit of it.  Looking forward to being able to stay home for a few weekends.  Happy Veterans Day to all you Soldiers out there.

By: David Matula  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:59:45 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

David Matula wrote:

 

Then made the 5 hr drive to take her out to dinner for her b-day.

Wow, you live even further out in the boonies than I do.

By: Jim Steinmeyer  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:17:45 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

    Work on the other side of the state from where she is staying at this time....

By: David Matula  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:01:03 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

ok, I did that for 4 years, not fun.

By: Jim Steinmeyer  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:11:41 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Hoping that she gets to come back home soon...

By: David Matula  Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:58:15 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

SLUGME is tomorrow!!!! First user group meeting in a long time that I get to go to...also helping run it... .

By: David Matula  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:41:07 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

David Matula wrote:

 

SLUGME is tomorrow!!!!...also helping run it... .

 

Which one, what location?

By: Rick Becker  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:01:05 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

NETEXSWUG  way north of Houston.

By: David Matula  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:12:05 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Thanks to a kind invitation from Steve Calvert I'm planning to attend the one in Austin tomorrow evening.

By: Glenn Schroeder  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:20:36 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Good luck and have Fun!!

By: Rick Becker  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:20:37 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

John Stoltzfus wrote:

 

They're still cleaning up our server this morning - apparently by mid morning they should have it cleaned up, I'm curious how they made out..

I'm curious. Did they get everything cleaned up and restored without having to pay the ransom?

By: Tony Tieuli  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:44:08 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I would rebuild a company before paying someone to get my data back....

By: David Matula  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:55:10 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick Becker wrote:

 

David Matula wrote:

 

SLUGME is tomorrow!!!!...also helping run it... .

 

Which one, what location?

Are you anywhere close to Columbus or Cleveland?

Both of those groups are participating (COSUG & NEOSWUG)

I've got it stuck in my head that you are in or around Ohio.

You can use this link to see what group is closest to you - SolidWorks User Group Network

By: Todd Blacksher  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:58:25 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd Blacksher wrote:

...Are you anywhere close to Columbus or Cleveland?

Both of those groups are participating (COSUG & NEOSWUG)

I've got it stuck in my head that you are in or around Ohio.

You can use this link to see what group is closest to you - SolidWorks User Group Network

I'm in Connecticut, the land of Discontent and Exorbitant Taxes.

ConnSWUG is my local. I have been to one meeting (the last one 9/14/17)

I will attend SLUGME. Greatly looking forward to it.

By: Rick Becker  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:09:26 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I was going to ask if Skype is an option, but then I realized I will be tied up between 6:15 and 8:00.

 

everyone enjoy the chance to learn!

By: Jim Steinmeyer  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:16:17 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick Becker wrote:

I'm in Connecticut, the land of Discontent and Exorbitant Taxes.

ConnSWUG is my local. I have been to one meeting (the last one 9/14/17)

I will attend SLUGME. Greatly looking forward to it.

I really dig the ConnSWUG guys (the two Ed's).

Have fun, hopefully I show something that you don't already know.

(Although, in my "perfect world," everybody would already know what I am going to show - it is largely made up of my "I thought everyone knew about that!" tips & tricks.)

You are on the forums enough, you probably know a good chunk of what I will be showing - I've already shared a LOT of it on the forums at one time or another.

By: Todd Blacksher  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:17:09 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Jim Steinmeyer wrote:

 

I was going to ask if Skype is an option, but then I realized I will be tied up between 6:15 and 8:00.

 

everyone enjoy the chance to learn!

We really need to get a UG in your neck of the woods! - I was really close to reviving the Wichita Group (still a long haul for you).

By: Todd Blacksher  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:19:47 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd Blacksher wrote:


We really need to get a UG in your neck of the woods! - I was really close to reviving the Wichita Group (still a long haul for you).

 

I had asked my VAR about the number of seats in this area and if it justified a UG and he suggested I lead one. But after that he hasen't gotten back to me on numbers. I wonder if Great Bend or Hutchinson would be a reasonable location? But then if you can't get one going in Wichita I can't imagine those locations would do any better.

By: Jim Steinmeyer  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:24:32 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd Blacksher wrote:

...I really dig the ConnSWUG guys (the two Ed's)...

They're pretty cool guys.

 

Todd Blacksher wrote:

...You are on the forums enough, you probably know a good chunk of what I will be showing ...

I wish I could remember how much stuff I have forgotten. Refreshers are great. Repetition is one of the keys to learning.

 

Are you presenting in Nebraska?

By: Rick Becker  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:24:57 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick Becker wrote:

I wish I could remember how much stuff I have forgotten. Refreshers are great. Repetition is one of the keys to learning.

 

Are you presenting in Nebraska?

The "reminders" is a big part of it - at some point I completely "forgot" about using tab to hide components in an assembly, and shift-tab to bring them back - Saw it at a rollout a couple years ago, and couldn't believe that I had forgotten something like that.

Yes, I will be transmitting everything from my favorite "flyover state" - Nebraska.

By: Todd Blacksher  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:31:50 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

yep there is nothing like attending a rollout or some other event and seeing some neat thing... then when you upgrade to the new version in 8 months or even 2 months later when it gets released you already have forgotten some of the neat things that you could use that was not available. 

By: David Matula  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:02:13 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

David Matula wrote:

 

yep there is nothing like attending a rollout or some other event and seeing some neat thing... then when you upgrade to the new version in 8 months or even 2 months later when it gets released you already have forgotten some of the neat things that you could use that was not available.

It would be nice if they did a post rollout, rollout in about April.

By: Jim Steinmeyer  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:40:09 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

aaarrrrr on sheet 6 of 14 replacing the sheet format to an updated on and sw decides to crash, crash and crash.

complete shutdown restart and try again crash.

change the view scales from parent to custom...

replace with our blank sheet format.

then replace with correct sheet format and finally able to get back to work.

2017 was doing great and some picky reason to many crashes.

 

Well got sheet 6 done and now sheet 7 is going nuts....crash.bang boom....

By: David Matula  Tue, 14 Nov 2017 20:15:24 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Where the heck has John Stoltzfus gone?

 

Dave.

By: Dave Bear  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:47:28 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

 

My guess would be that his server cleanup on Monday turned into a server Lockup or shutdown.

By: Rick McDonald  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 04:39:05 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Maybe now HE'S being held for ransom and nobody got the note yet???? lmao.........

 

Dave.

By: Dave Bear  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 10:43:50 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

started a go fund me account to get John back.  need $10,000,000

By: David Matula  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 13:19:36 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

SLUGME:   WOW  that was something awesome!!!! 

By: David Matula  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 13:22:10 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I really wanted to go, I was sent a link to join my slugme but when I got to the page I could not find out where or how to join.

I did not spend days looking for the info, but how do you join?

By: Francisco Martínez  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:33:08 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd Blacksher wrote:

...Have fun, hopefully I show something that you don't already know.

(Although, in my "perfect world," everybody would already know what I am going to show - it is largely made up of my "I thought everyone knew about that!" tips & tricks.)...

 

Todd, I was blown away at what a truly awesome, brilliant and superbly professional  presentation you accomplished at SLUGME last night!

 

They only negative I could offer is you went so quickly through all the tips/tricks that I couldn't keep up. I was a bit shamefaced at how many tips I didn't know.

 

Would it be possible to have that put up on YouTube?

By: Rick Becker  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:44:50 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick Becker wrote:

.....

 

Would it be possible to have that put up on YouTube?

I also didn't have the ability to see it but wanted to.  I searched last night and think I may have found a link for tickets but it was already after the event was complete, so I had no ability to see it.

Maybe for next years, there could be an expansion of it to let users that don't have a local meeting can join in easily (and if there was this year, I would suggest next year it is more noticeably published how to connect outside the user group meeting.

By: Rick McDonald  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:52:00 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick Becker wrote:

 

Todd Blacksher wrote:

...Have fun, hopefully I show something that you don't already know.

(Although, in my "perfect world," everybody would already know what I am going to show - it is largely made up of my "I thought everyone knew about that!" tips & tricks.)...

 

Todd, I was blown away at what a truly awesome, brilliant and superbly professional presentation you accomplished at SLUGME last night!

 

They only negative I could offer is you went so quickly through all the tips/tricks that I couldn't keep up. I was a bit shamefaced at how many tips I didn't know.

 

Would it be possible to have that put up on YouTube?

 

I wish that I could have seen it.  *pout*

By: Dan Pihlaja  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:52:13 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick McDonald wrote:

...I also didn't have the ability to see it but wanted to. I searched last night and think I may have found a link for tickets but it was already after the event was complete...

 

I believe the mechanism used to simultaneously transmit to 65 or so User Groups around the world was GoToMeeting and you needee an invite to view.

 

Rick McDonald wrote:

...Maybe for next years, there could be an expansion of it to let users that don't have a local meeting can join in...

 

I personally think this is a Great idea, although it rubs against the grain of encouraging participation in your local SW User Group.

By: Rick Becker  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:58:35 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I guess this is like other things in solidworks, you have to work a little harder to get the results you want.

I will shoot a email off to one of these guys listed

slugme.png

By: Francisco Martínez  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:01:41 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Aw shucks guys . . . I was just having fun . . .

 

I'll admit it, I probably put in too many tips for that amount of time, but there is so much cool stuff - how do you decide what to drop?

I believe that the presentation was supposed to be recorded, but I don't know if they were going to make it available - I will be checking on this today.

I will also be giving this presentation at SWW18 - There should be a little more time, because I won't be doing the User Group "shout outs".

 

I was always surprised by the number of people that would ask about the "small things" that I would do during a normal presentation - it was just little stuff that I took for granted and assumed that everyone knew.  After getting the "back up, how did you do that?" a number of times, I started putting them all together for a presentation.

 

Thanks again, glad I was able to share some of my knowledge with those that have given so much to me!

todd

By: Todd Blacksher  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:07:45 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

First, great job Todd Blacksher, both on the content and flow of the presentation and powering through a few live interruptions or hiccups.

 

I think he said he'd be sharing some of it on the boards, I suppose a slide deck or maybe video? We (attendees) talked a bit afterward at my meeting, and hoped he'd share some parts and assembly files too, like the last assembly (draining the tub).

By: Tom Gagnon  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:06:07 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd's Tips and Tricks,  on course to become the next series of SWW Tips and Tricks must-see session, after Phil Sluder.

By: Cory Derico  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:11:22 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I wanted to join and attend in person, however the link provided to me does not help me accomplish that.

By: Francisco Martínez  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:12:44 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

My group mentioned this.  I think Richard was going to look into when the listings were removed.  They disappear of the SWUGN site early, especially for us in the Pacific Time Zone.

By: Cory Derico  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:12:44 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Francisco Martínez wrote:

 

I guess this is like other things in solidworks, you have to work a little harder to get the results you want.

I will shoot a email off to one of these guys listed

slugme.png

That's really weird, because the Phoenix group participated last night (I believe that was where Edward Poole "joined the party")

The only way to participate was to be at a User Group meeting.

(or catch the encore presentation at SWW18)

todd

 

EDIT - My mistake, Francisco Martinez name rang a bell, but I didn't catch it right away.

- Are you in the Phoenix area, or are you the Francisco that runs SASPUG-South? (I just sent you a PM)

By: Todd Blacksher  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:10:19 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd Blacksher,

 

I really enjoyed your presentation also.  That was my first of what I hope will be many User Group meetings.  I drove almost 2 hours to Austin to attend, and there was someone else there that had driven further.

 

Glenn

By: Glenn Schroeder  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:40:51 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Glenn Schroeder wrote:

 

Todd Blacksher,

 

I really enjoyed your presentation also. That was my first of what I hope will be many User Group meetings. I drove almost 2 hours to Austin to attend, and there was someone else there that had driven further.

 

Glenn

You know . . . If you would like to get a group started in College Station . . . I would be the guy to help make it happen . . .

I'd even be happy to come down and give this presentation for your first meeting . . .

Just saying . . .

So glad you enjoyed it!

(It is an incredible feeling to "teach" the people that have taught me so much!)

todd

By: Todd Blacksher  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:54:16 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd Blacksher wrote:

 

Glenn Schroeder wrote:

 

Todd Blacksher,

 

I really enjoyed your presentation also. That was my first of what I hope will be many User Group meetings. I drove almost 2 hours to Austin to attend, and there was someone else there that had driven further.

 

Glenn

You know . . . If you would like to get a group started in College Station . . . I would be the guy to help make it happen . . .

I'd even be happy to come down and give this presentation for your first meeting . . .

Just saying . . .

So glad you enjoyed it!

(It is an incredible feeling to "teach" the people that have taught me so much!)

todd

 

I'm going to try to get that going.  You're at least the third person that's offered to help, so I don't have any excuses not to.

By: Glenn Schroeder  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 16:46:48 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Glenn Schroeder wrote:

 

Todd Blacksher wrote:

 

Glenn Schroeder wrote:

 

Todd Blacksher,

 

I really enjoyed your presentation also. That was my first of what I hope will be many User Group meetings. I drove almost 2 hours to Austin to attend, and there was someone else there that had driven further.

 

Glenn

You know . . . If you would like to get a group started in College Station . . . I would be the guy to help make it happen . . .

I'd even be happy to come down and give this presentation for your first meeting . . .

Just saying . . .

So glad you enjoyed it!

(It is an incredible feeling to "teach" the people that have taught me so much!)

todd

 

I'm going to try to get that going. You're at least the third person that's offered to help, so I don't have any excuses not to.

I'm the SWUGN Representative for the region, so just say the word, and I'll get the ball rolling!

SolidWorks User Group Network

By: Todd Blacksher  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 16:50:41 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Todd is the man to help you get going for sure.  He had helped me get the first meeting going.  He is a great resource to use.  That and the swug web sight. 

By: David Matula  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 16:52:22 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Tip of the day.....From SLUGME....... hold the control key down then his 7 b s w

ctrl 7 = nice iso view.

     b = forced rebuild

     s = save

     w= close

 

all of this works unless you have reassigned any key.  the your SOL with the SOP.

By: David Matula  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:18:12 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

David Matula wrote:

 

Tip of the day.....From SLUGME....... hold the control key down then his 7 b s w

ctrl 7 = nice iso view.

b = forced rebuild

s = save

w= close

 

all of this works unless you have reassigned any key. the your SOL with the SOP.

 

I have that combination of buttons mapped to a button on my 3D mouse!

By: Dan Pihlaja  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:21:21 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Well, not the close portion of it. 

By: Dan Pihlaja  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:21:35 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

yep someone still owes me a training on the 3d mouse.....programing....

when do you want to present at the user group meeting on this topic?

By: David Matula  Thu, 16 Nov 2017 23:04:50 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Our computers are back online again, had the chance to work in the shop for 2 days and I was off the other 2 days and it's already Friday, Happy Friday everyone....

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:47:29 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

John Stoltzfus wrote:

... had the chance to work in the shop for 2 days and I was off the other 2 days and it's already Friday, Happy Friday everyone....

 

You were gone???

By: Rick Becker  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:57:31 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

 

By: Rick Becker  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:02:43 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I know you never missed me so ppptttttuuuufffffttt to you too...

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:59:44 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

glad that your back sir. 

By: David Matula  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:15:34 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

With the holidays fast approaching the wife and I have been trying to fine tune some recipes and work on a couple new ones ...A couple of the pork related ones to get everyone in the mood for food ... (I know it's early to be talking food, my bad)

 

Porchetta ...

 

Blade Meat (Cocoila) ... The pic simply doesn't do the end result justice ...

By: John Pesaturo  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 14:08:56 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I volunteer to be a taste tester. Let me know if you need my address to ship samples to.

By: Jim Steinmeyer  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 14:25:37 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

By: David Matula  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 14:27:10 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

That looks awesome - would love to slice and eat a few strips... - Recipe??

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 14:28:08 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

John Stoltzfus wrote:

 

Our computers are back online again, had the chance to work in the shop for 2 days and I was off the other 2 days and it's already Friday, Happy Friday everyone....

Welcome back! Did you enjoy the shop?

By: Tony Tieuli  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 15:04:37 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Tony Tieuli  wrote:

 

Welcome back! Did you enjoy the shop?

Thanks - Always enjoy the shop, but the days were a little longer only because I was helping to rearrange some inventory storage and the area I was working in was right by the 3 and 5 axis machines and there was a very fine coating of wood dust, not thick, probably un-measurable in most areas, but when you moved something the dust particles floated through the air.  So I should have wore a dust mask, because on Wed night I really felt it, I would have if I would have been needed again today..  But other than that it was great, we have an awesome group of guys working here, so there's no shortage of a little banter going on all day...

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 15:13:03 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

John Pesaturo wrote:

... to fine tune some recipes and work on a couple new ones ...A couple of the pork related ones to get everyone in the mood for food

 

Excuse me John, But you forgot to post the recipes.

Kindly post at your earliest convenience.

By: Rick Becker  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 15:13:51 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

On the Kitty Dump - am I allowed to yell like in YELL.... Well someone needs to stick their neck way out and YELL....  DELETE ANY Unnecessary messages on this post What are your most impressive tricks of solidworks, Please spread.  and other posts, it would help clean up the clutter..

 

 

These awesome threads just get way out of hand and hard to read, because of all the small comments like, Thank you Man, I agree with you.... blah blah.......

 

Should we call out the messages that could be deleted, or just send a private message or send Josh Brady's Uncle Tony and cousin Queido to break apart the autonomy...

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:23:35 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

John Stoltzfus wrote:

... DELETE ANY Unnecessary messages on this post What are your most impressive tricks of solidworks, Please spread. and other posts, it would help clean up the clutter..

 

Should we call out the messages that could be deleted, or just send a private message or...

 

There is a ground swell of movement today.

I know Glenn, Dennis, you John and myself have deleted superfluous content today. I hope many more have/will as well.

 

Let's keep the reminder front and center until after Thanksgiving and then we can send some private messages.

Only after that should we consider sending in Guido.

By: Rick Becker  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:37:49 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

who cleans up after you?    is it time to bring this back ?

By: David Matula  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:38:51 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

If it goes till Christmas and the messages are still there, then there will be a private session of watching "My Cousin Vinny" for a week and 14 and 1/3rd hour and 22 seconds, with the volume starting at .05 and ending at 11

By: John Stoltzfus  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:50:07 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

people are moving backwards   post must be being deleted!!

By: David Matula  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:54:25 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Rick Becker wrote:

 

John Stoltzfus wrote:

... DELETE ANY Unnecessary messages on this post What are your most impressive tricks of solidworks, Please spread. and other posts, it would help clean up the clutter..

 

Should we call out the messages that could be deleted, or just send a private message or...

 

There is a ground swell of movement today.

I know Glenn, Dennis, you John and myself have deleted superfluous content today. I hope many more have/will as well.

 

Let's keep the reminder front and center until after Thanksgiving and then we can send some private messages.

Only after that should we consider sending in Guido.

Risky Business 1983 - I have a trig midterm tommorow and I'm being chased by Guido the Killer Pimp - YouTube

By: Dennis Dohogne  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:05:18 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

guido-superstar.jpg

By: Paul Salvador  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:38:21 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

I am going back to delete some of my messages, is there a way of seeing all the messages I have posted?

 

Some other forums I am part of have this feature.

By: Francisco Martínez  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:53:35 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

Francisco Martínez wrote:

 

I am going back to delete some of my messages, is there a way of seeing all the messages I have posted?

 

Some other forums I am part of have this feature.

You can see all the threads that you have participated in.

 

See the attached video to find out how.

By: Dan Pihlaja  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:56:36 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

awesome, thanks

By: Francisco Martínez  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:59:12 GMT
Re: The "Kitty Dump" - Watercooler - Trash it Here - INSTALLED 2018 - Wow - Good Stuff

All threads participated in will find the thread. It will not identify which messages in that thread are yours.

I cleaned up my posts page by page sequentially with CTRL+F and searching each page for my last name.

By: Tom Gagnon  Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:10:36 GMT
You are not authorized to view this page No results found! Suggestions: Check spelling, try a different search, or browse topics below.