Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
My macro is finding cutlist folders that I have not a clue where they are. I can not physically find them in the feature tree. The only way I see them is if the loop finds them.Someone, please help me understand why these extras are there and how to get rid of them.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
I have a macro which I can save a SW drawing as PDF file with a condition that the SW drawing is open Is there a macro which I can saveas PDf without opening the sw file ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
I have a macro to save drawings as PDFs. It is adapted from one that Deepak Gupta wrote and shared on another thread (https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/83172) It has the following functionality: - If a part file is active, this macro will save a PDF of the corresponding drawing if one exists.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
FolderPath = "C:PDMWorks ViewCompanySub samenstellingenSA00120000-SA00129999" ProcessFolder fso.GetFolder(FolderPath) For Each subFolder In folder.SubFolders ProcessFolder subFolder Next (And then some code follows)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
Problem with IEdmVault19:CopyTree I'm using CopyTree to assembly an assembly from pdm to my desktop. The assembly gets copied but not the drawings.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
UPDATE: Submit your ERs for this new functionality here:Bounding Cylinder (Round Stock) Add-In. These are not SW ERs, but Artem ERs.At least for now. Hello SOLIDWORKS Power-Users and welcome to the 17th SWPUC.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
We have a pdm system (of course) and I would like to have a macro export every BOM of every machine (not every assembly). Now I can do this manually for each machine (export as CSV file in the Bill of Materials tab), but there are a lot (+- 7000 machines) and I need them stored as txt files in the same folder. Luckily all machines differ from normal assemblies in the name column: they all start with "FX." with a max of 13 characters.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
Is there any API/script for managing ecommerce store on solidworks platform for my store decorforless.ca I have read a lot about solidworks performance.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
Hi. I have an error when try to build my project. Error message: unable to cast com object of type 'system.__comobject' to interface type 'solidworks.interop.sldworks.rendermaterial'.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 hours ago
I'm building a PDM Task Add-in for creating BoMs to allow us to generate specific boms for different purposes. The task loads a "MasterBom" (EdmBomLayout) from PDM that contains all possible columns and populates a CheckedListBox on a form with all columns. I'd like to be able to decide which columns are exported to CSV, and (if possible) reorder the columns.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 hours ago
Enhancing SOLIDWORKS experience with custom macros library This article explains the practices of enhancing the SOLIDWORKS experience by adding your macro library into the SOLIDWORKS toolbars:Creating Macro Buttons. In addition it explains how to assign the keyboard shortcut and icons to the macro buttons.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 hours ago
I'm trying to create a macro to change derived configuration name to default instead of the number. This is the before example.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 hours ago
Hello, I'm trying to get the intersection point between a spline and a reference plane. The reference plane is created at an angle from the reference plane of the spline, so selecting both reference planes I can see an axis between them. Selecting the spline and the angled reference plane and using the measure tool it says"The two elements intersect".This is confirmed using the API of the measure tool.Is it possible to retrieve said intersection point?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 hours ago
my macro shall make as follows: 1. Then shall open the window to select the path where to save on the device (For example C:Userszm)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 hours ago
Custom Toolbar Has anyone been able to make a custom toolbar.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 hours ago
I'm working on a project using VBA to take information from a weldment cut list table, run it through an excel algorithm and spit the values onto a table in a new drawing document. I was wondering if it were possible to automatically open a new drawing document after running a macro from an active part document? Fatih Mehmet OzcanJul 20, 2018 4:46 AM(in response to Keng Munn Foong) This might helpNeed a macro for Assembly drawing
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Hello, Requesting help with a reading resource to understand different types of 3D viewers. Especially how 3D streaming works. Have few 3D objects created in solidworks for the workshop at workplace and was trying to figure out a universal viewer especially for low end drawing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I've got a problem with a macro we use to save drawings as DWGs and PDFs in SolidWorks 2010 SP5.0. This macro used to work great (I know we *had* it working in SW2010 at one point), but now when I try to run it, I get a "Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set". Here's the text of the macro.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have a tool where I want to do variable updates. Users typically do not have permission to do so in this state, but I want to allow it when using this tool. How can I use IEdmBatchVarUpdate as the Admin user instead of the logged in user?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Does anybody know how swApp.ReplaceReferencedDocument handles replacement of multiple references of the same document? Here is the set up: I have an assembly that has 50 components that are the exact same component, just inserted 50 times.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have a SOLIDWORKS add-in that I'd created a while back, in Visual Studio with a WiX installer. It's worked for a long time, but I made some major updates (.NET version, etc) recently. The problem I'm seeing is when I debug the add-in through Visual Studio, everything works great. When I create the installer and run it normally, the add-in shows up in the list, but fails to load.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I want to generate BOMs with only specific types of parts, such as for weldments, connecting hardware, subassemblies, etc. To do so, I've created custom properties for each of the types I want to sort by, giving them boolean "yes/no" values. My idea is, if a part has a "yes" under one or more of those values (weldments and connecting hardware, for example), it would print the names of the properties in the appropriate column on the BOM. I know I will need to write a VB macro to make it work for
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
im working on a project to generate sphere at random. the sphere need to be solid. i also need to do this in visual studio or solidworks api Message was edited by: Peter Johnson
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
It fails on the line "BatchChanger = (IEdmBatchChangeState4)vault... Some key pieces of information are that I have a standalone application running a background worker. The Form1 is running a background worker that kicks off a new Class instance where the code below is.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago