Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
Here we use an Excel Spreadsheet to calculate our Cutlist and the information is inserted manually. What I suggested we try to do is create a Part Template file and use the Custom Properties that are already in SolidWorks rather then having someone retype Descriptions, Part and Assembly information. Plus use the Bounding Box information to update our Cutlist accordingly, so that when we choose certain custom properties that the length and thicknesses are calculated automatically. All of our
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
How to use API to edit dimension value of the mate in motion study? In manual method,I can edit dimension value of mate in motion study.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
I can useCreateTransformRotateAxisfunction to rotate a joint of the robot.(see the codes and video below) However,it seems that the function just only rotate one component separately.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I have a macro which I can save a SW drawing as PDF file with a condition that the SW drawing is open Is there a macro which I can saveas PDf without opening the sw file ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
I need to write a macro to update a drawing template from an older style to our new one. The size of the paper will also maybe be changing. How do I do this with little ease as possible. (There is only a few templates (depending on paper size) it will be updating to which will be somewhat constant).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
Set BOM = eFile.GetComputedBOM("Standard Roll Up BOM", -1, ConfigName, EdmBomFlag.EdmBf_ShowSelected) ' Call BOM.SaveToCSV("c:tempguy.txt", True)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 hours ago
I am trying to set up a combobox for the first time and can't seem to be able to figure it out or find a good tutorial going over how I want to do it. I want the combobox to have three dropdown options (Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel). However, I don't want to use RowSource because I don't have a table and don't want to worry about any sort of linking to other files.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
[API]about GetPreviewBitmapFile method I want to create previews for each solidworks models in VB6.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
I am writing a macro to make drawings with views and then save to main Assembly location. I have a 'for' loop where i am traversing to each part. The formation of program is:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 hours ago
I have a sketch with multiple contours and I am trying to write some code to extrude a specific contour of that sketch. Idea is that the method takes in the sketch name and the coordinates a point in the desired region, but it is not working. The "test" boolean in the snippet below always returns false:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 hours ago
I'd like to get in touch with software developers/architects (preferably in Australia) that are experienced in using the Solidworks API. Does anyone know where I could start or how to reach out to one? Is this even the sort of question you can ask on these forums?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 hours ago
I am trying to create a macro that will use the record video function in Solid works.With the help of online forums I could write three modules which allows the Solid works part to rotate around the x,y and z axis. I now want to capture the animation by making use of a macro. I think it is possible to make use of the swCommands_e Enumeration by calling the swCommands_ScreenCaptureAvi_Begin/swCommands_ScreenCaptureAvi_End member functions. Can you please direct me to how I could accomplish this
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 hours ago
I've been searching on and off for an answer or method to this question for a while. Is it possible to use the API to check or get the constraint status of a part or assembly? (Fully Defined, Under Defined, etc.) So far, I have found a solution that is specific to Sketches, but what I am looking for is a 'Get' command or some type of check that I can run to return an output for a specified Assembly that just tells me the constraint status of the assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 hours ago
I need a Vb.Net "Stand Alone" program creating that can export a single SolidWorks assembly as a "Step" file. It will get the filepath to the assembly (sldasm) by reading a registry value thus:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have to create a circle which has got a radius of 0.2 mm. It is a quite basic task, but after lots of tries, it seems that the circle simply disappears if: Set skSegment = Part.SketchManager.CreateCircleByRadius(0, 0, 0, r) and r is smaller than 1mm (it is defined in meters, so 0.001m)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have been trying to use this bit of code to automate my drawing process: ' 1. Openpublic_documentssamplestutorialadvdrawingsblade shaft.sldasm.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Pretty new to using the Solidworks API - trying to get my head around stuff Not looking for somebody to do this for me, I want to learn - I'm looking for advice on how to create a standalone application which does this:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I have been trying to bulk update sheet formats but have noticed strange behaviour with the automatic borders. In my system, by default the automatic borders are set to a level called "ZONES" in document properties and the line thickness is set to 0.25mm.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
Hello SOLIDWORKS Power Programmers and welcome to the 18th SWPUC! I was asked by some of the members in the forum to provide quick challenges for weekends. So let's try one right now.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I'm just getting into API and am trying to familiarize myself with VBA. I essentially like to know if this is possible: A macro that can scan/recognize(or something close) that a revision has been made to the drawing, accept that input (rev change, rev description, etc) and push that to other drawings that are referenced to that same part/assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
How could I bulk delete "Copy of" in virtual component's name (I got over 2000 parts to rename) Here is a sample Vertual Component Assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I need to Create Drawing and place views according to predefined view pallets using macro. I managed to create a drawing and place a views in drawing using attached Macro, but views are not placed at the view pallets with proper scaling as like task scheduler perform.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I'm making a C#-based add-in and trying to automatically create profile sweeps. Whenever I use my FeatureManager's CreateDefinition function, it returns null. I translatedthishelp page's code to C# and it had the same problem. I have tried the CreateDefinition method with different input values, including the intended swFeatureNameID_e.swFmSweep and a for-loop-generated set of integers (0-19), but it always returns null.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I would like to know what kind of event is fired when replacing a component through the replace component command? I am storing the name of a component in a file and I would like to update it when the component is replaced.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago