Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
Split part file macro Anyone have a macro to save configurations out as seperate solidworks part files (.sldprt) with the config name? I have a .exe to do it and it works great but when I save the configs out I need to add a prefix to the config name the exe does not allow for renaming.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
After update SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional from 2016 to 2018 version, a customization PDM add in crash Windows explorer. I found SPR 1089597 related this problem, but the question is exist any 'workaround' for this problem? Or we need waiting 2019 SP1 version.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
When running a macro via the "Run Macro" button, how does the software determine what sub to run between multiple modules within the macro? If only one module, I beleve its the last one on the page. But when there are multiple modules how does it decide?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
Hi, I'm trying to get every single combination between the parts inside my assembly using the configuration on each parts (8 for the top, 2 for the side left, 2 for the side right, 2 for the modesty panel and 4 for the Assembly. Total of 256 possible combinations) and then save the BOM on a csv file from the Assembly level not part level and if is possible the Assembly with the actual configuration, I'm trying to build a script on VB on .NET, I have been trying to use recursion but without luck.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Hello, I tried going through the forums to find this answer cut everything I tried didn't end up working. I was given a macro that converts SolidWorks part files to .STEP files but it automatically saves the part as a step file within the working directory. I was wondering if there's a way to change it to give the option of choosing what directory to save the new step file. Attached is the macro that was given to me.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 hours ago
Hello everyone, I recently did the SolidWorks simulation API, using the vc++ programming software, and encountered some problems. I would like to ask: How to introduce cosworks into the program?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
Hi all, I am not new in the API programming but I really got stuck. I have the drawing of a part. Is it possible to have a macro to hide/unhide a specific drawing view in my drawing? (e.g. a section view, a detail view).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
I have a problem where my components names don't match my references names when the files names have been added prefixes and/or suffixes during the Pack&Go process. The components names are the original names and thus shorter. How come Pack&Go doesn't also modify components path names when adding prefixes and/or suffixes?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
dmDoc = CType(docMgrApp.GetDocument(FilePath, dmDocType, True, dmOpenError), SwDMDocument15) dmConfigMgr = dmDoc.ConfigurationManager For Each configName As String In configNames dmConfig = dmConfigMgr.GetConfigurationByName(configName) dmComps = CType(dmConfig, SwDMConfiguration2).GetComponents For Each dmComp As SwDMComponent9 In CType(dmComps, Array) 'Do something Next Next dmComps = CType(dmConfig, SwDMConfiguration2).GetComponents
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
First challange is to seperate components that at top surface and bottom surface, this can be done by check their coordinates. bottom parts will have negative value at z direction. Second problem is that, how to measure each component's height relative to a specific surface.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
boolstatus = swModel.Extension.SelectByID2(swFeature.Name & "-1", "SUBSKETCHINST", 0#, 0#, 0#, False, 0, Nothing, 0) Set myNote = swModel.InsertNote(" 11")
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
Export each sheet macro I have been using a macro I found in this forum to export each sheet as a separate file. This macro is working fine but the "problem" we have when we are using this macro is that filename is generated as "filename - sheetname.extension" and for our needs we have to save the files as "sheetname - filename.extension". the reason behind this is that we have to place SAP code in front of everything to be visible.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
for example, I want to remove the last 6 characters of the file name, insert date etc... I found a way to do so using "rename Expert". The problem is that I than have to manually select the files when opening an assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am writing a macro in which the user clicks on a hole (already inserted) and then inserts a ring around the hole. I know this can be done with a library feature, but I want to be able to insert several rings at once without having to navigate through my library features each time. I have code to get the location where the users clicks in 3D space (model coordinates), but I need to transform these coordinates into sketch coordinates as the axes are changed when you enter a sketch. I've seen
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I was reading the forums trying to find ways to boost productivity and saw a lot of the gurus recommending #TASK to task care of repetitive tasks. I downloaded it today and the library of macro features they have to use is very impressive. I can't believe this isn't talked about more!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Changing Reference Planes I would like to make a macro that goes down through my part and switches a reference plane from what its currently to the front plane. I have the coolant holes right now based off one X-Hole 1 Rotation plane and the other 8 sets are set to the same.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I've been working on a few macros to try and utilize the Freeze Bar functionality more efficiently and I've hit another wall with my latest macro. The function of this macro is to basically allow the user to "Update Frozen Features" of a part while in the parent assembly. Note that I have already created an enhancement request (ER 1-18802404405, SPR 1102914) for this feature to be added in a future release as a right mouse click option, but figured I could create a macro as a workaround in the
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I don’t believe you can as of PDM 2018. For required entires we add (req’d) next to the label and make it a different color. Beginning with PDM 2018 the user receives a message with detailed information on why the transition failed.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I made a macro, that during the process moves a zip-file to the vault, adds data to some variables, and finally checks the zip file into the vault. The zip files contains an assembly saved as shelled part. What I would like to do is create a reference between the zip file and the assembly like the way the PDM convert does with drawings and PDFs (see image)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
You can add error handling like there is active drawing document, no DXF named sheet is already in the drawing, etc. Re: how to create new empty sheet 2 with name DXF on drawing
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Hello, I have recorded a macro that includes opening an IGES file with no issue during the recording. When I rerun the macro I get the error message"unable to read IGES file. File was truncated or contains invalid data" and doesn't get past the open command.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I'm new to the forum and have tried more times than I can count to figure out my problem. So far I can perform the outlined below process by using the GUI for creating a rotor blade and section of the hub wheel. The steps are
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I am working on a macro feature that uses a sketch to to create a kind of custom extrude cut with some extra features but am having trouble with being able get the underlying curves of the sketch. I can do everything I need to use a temporary body to cut the work body except make the body from a sketch Get All ISketchSegment of selected sketch
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Does anyone know of a way to add in a 3:1 drawing scale to our view properties? I see different standard sheet formats such as ISO or ANSI have different view scales which tells me we should be able to customize these somehow. I have add an enhancement request some time ago about this. seems like I am quite frequently using 1.5:1 instead of the standard 1:5, 1:1 or 2:1. If there isn't any way to add this to the pull down list can this be a macro that I select view and hit the macro button and it
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago