Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
Your favorite Solidworks error messages I wanted to start a new thread where we can collect some of the craziest messages that we get when working with solidworks. Please try to insert the image into the text using the insert image button.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
I'm trying to recreate data search card'sBROWSEoption to my new card. If i tried to copy and paste I cant get the same as complete search card. Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
Looks like I'm going to lose another 1-2 days of productivity due to awful license management by Dassault. Bookmark this and vote for it when the time comes:Provide a Fail-Safe for License Activation
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
ONLINE LICENSE FIASCO Online licensing is a super huge FIASCO or PITA. When you get constantly kicked off saying that there is no longer a license available to save your work because we're shutting down to the latest message that Solidworks is not enabled for my ID & won't start is really starting the blood to boil.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have bought a new laptop: HP Spectre x360 with intel UHD 620 graphics card and cannot find a suitable driver to install. I feel that this is the cause for the 'glitchyness' in the software as all other specs are upgrades to my old laptop which ran solidworks perfectly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I'm trying to create Automatic Transition based on conditions. In order to do that I want to compare 2 variables. But I don't know how to add enter variable in "Value " Field.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I recently got a Dell Precision 5530 for work with the NVIDIA Quadro P2000 graphics card and it is certified on SW here:http://www.solidworks.com/pages/services/VideoCardTesting.html I downloaded the driver from the SW website because my driver didn't match. Now it matches but Solidworks Rx still doesn't recognize the system manufacturer or system model.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
On Friday Solidworks kicked me out and I wasn't able to get back in for several hours. The same thing happened today at lunch. Support isn't able to tell me why. I am assuming their online license server is acting up again.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
We have been troubleshooting this for a couple of days with our IT. Sometimes members of our team work remotely, however we do not always need SW so we share the license, passing it back and forth. Thus, people need to be able to check out the license while remote (checking it out permanently before leaving the office isn't an option).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Will transferring all of my data (downloads, programs, everything that came in the initial Solidworks download) from my OS (C:) drive to DATA (D:) drive on my computer cause any problems? would that be just copy/paste/move or would it be some special program that would update all the pathfiles in all references places ie. registry, startup icons etc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
We recently upgraded our SolidWorks PDM Standard 2017 SP2 vault to PDM Standard 2018 SP4, and everything server-side appeared to upgrade appropriately. However, on fresh installations of SW2018SP4 on the client-side, anytime a part or assembly is opened from the vault, the client-side crashes. This consistently happens to every machine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Black workspace Solidworks is crashing. The workspace goes black.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
error opening archive After a 2017 upgrade from 2015 we are getting this error message when we try to open files. Does anybody know what went wrong and how to fix it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
What is the root cause of SolidWorks crashed and closed immediately while trying to sketch a model? See video. Does your system, including graphics card, meet all of Solidworks recommended requirements?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
SolidWorks 2017 failed to install on Macbook Windows 8.1 Pro (running through Parallel). Please help! Thank you.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
SolidWorks Toolbar icons incorrect For eg., Drawings > Line Format toolbars icon aren't matching the Icon text as below (Please find the attached image)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Update Solidworks without subscription? I am using Solidworks 2015 SP5.0 on a Windows 7 enterprise. It is crashing so often its becoming unusable.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I started reading the 2018 installation document and under the upgrading the database server section is states "Cancel the SolidWorks installation manger" and run "SWPDMServersetup.exe". In the past I have always done it this way. Unfortunately "SWPDMServersetup.exe" is not on the download I got from the customer portal. Do we now need to use the installation manager for server product upgrades?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Do you mean like the PDM Add-In? This operates in the task-pane on the right-hand-side within the SolidWorks window. This exists and allows for checking-in/out files as well as changing state and viewing the PDM files contained within the open assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
We are preparing for the new academic year 2010-2011 and i started last week some testing with the new SolidWorks 2010-2011. For this test i installed windows 7 professional (without antivirus and firewall) and there i installed the license server. Activation
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
Thank you to everyone who has submitted enhancement ideas for this year’s SOLIDWORKS World Top Ten. As a reminder, the idea submission phase will be open until December 12th, 2018. If you have an idea for an enhancement, please submit it in theSOLIDWORKS World 2019 Top Ten List.Fellow SOLIDWORKS users can view, comment, and eventually vote on your idea.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
This one has me stumped. We have an admin image install that gets rolled out to everyone along with a locked settings file. One the whole, this works well for us.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Ever since I signed up on this website, I have been inundated with emails regarding replies to my forum posts. I do not want that. Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.0_jx, revision: 20181023165129.f60c7ba.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago