Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I would like a confirmation of this script error when I try to create a new design checker file. I'm using SW2011 SP2EV.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
Missing Symmetry Check Im using 2014 and cant find the "Symmetry Check" button. Below is a snip of what I am seeing from the tools toolbar
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
every size hole comes back with error. what should I check to find out what is wrong with hole wizard or design checker?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
Can anyone help us with this question? Jive Software Version: 2016.3.6.0, revision: 20170209151852.c6d8942.nomerge_2016.3.6
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
Just a reminder that voting for the SolidWorks World 2014 Top Ten list ends on Wednesday January 15, 2014. Please be sure to submit your votes as soon as possible to have your opinion heard. Please click [
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
Idea creation is now complete. We are excited by the number of Idea submissions for the SolidWorks World 2014 Top Ten list. This year; we have the most submissions ever!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
custom checks what I want to check and would be even better if I could auto correct things like the fractional display or what layer things like centerlines are on, things define by the drafting standard that we have modified slightly so our drafting standard is ANSI-MODIFIED. another thing I would like to include in this automation is reloading the sheet format since we have modified it from our original and if we update/revise a drawing we want this update to be reflected by this new format.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I'm just starting mess around with Design Checker to try and catch errors we see all the time. What I want to know is how do I build a Custom Check? I want to be able see if a Custom Property in a model or assembly has been filled in, can I do that? I can't set it to be equal to something because it can be different every time, like Deception.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I am using design checker for checking 1 part file properties & it works well, but i want to make quality checking on other 100 parts whether file properties filled correctly or not, so i want to generate a single report for all those 100 parts or do we have any other way to execute same task ? Rahul, if you have SolidWorks Professional or Premium then you can run design checker in batch mode using SolidWorks Task Scheduler
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I am having to build a polyethylene sphere, actually a helium balloon. The sphere is going to be approximately 4 meters in diameter. Since I am getting a flat roll of polyethylene sheet, i was wondering if solidworks has the ability to export possible number of flat pieces that make up a sphere or closely one.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I need to determine somehow if there any intersections of solids (SWEEPS) in a model. For example: if model consists of two sweeps - if there any possibility to check it for their intersection? Some kind of add-in or macro?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 years ago
Please who can help me to design this piece If you're interested in hiring someone to do the work for you, I'd be happy to discuss your project with you.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 years ago
Design checker fails.... I've tried using the design checker with the task scheduler and it fails.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 years ago
I want to use Design Checker to check if i have my custom properties set correct for all my part components.So i have a part who has 2 properties : "Material" and "Codice" (picture a1), and i have created a standard to check only this 2 properties (picture a11).When i check the document i have 2 errors (picture a3) saying that the properties aren't as they should be,so i have the option to autocorrect all. This is where the fun begin .When i hit autocorrect all i get an error "Missing Custom
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 years ago
I am using some inventory control software and want to link or transport my BOM directly from Solidworks. How do I do it? Does anyone has any suggestion using ODBC or API?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 years ago
We're playing with SW2009 Premium SP5.1, along with SW2011 Premium SP5.0, local install, no PDM (not my option), Win XP x64. For a client we have some projects in SW 2009, involving biiiiig assemblies and customer's own components library. They have ENOVIA, we don't.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 years ago
Merge Standards option (Design Checker)... Looking for any information as to how the priority for checklist items are set for the Merge Standards option within Design Checker.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 years ago
i have not once ever used design checker and am curisous to know if anyone finds it useful and what you use it for. I use it all the time. Once you have set the parameters for your parts, dwgs and assemblies to your liking through this application's interface, the design checker will keep you abreast of any inconsistensies between the standards you have set up, when you invoke it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 years ago
How do I use design checker to highlight items in the bom that haven't been ballooned? The help file seems to indicate you can do this, but I'm not getting all the way there. My inexperience to date with design checker is likely a factor here.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 years ago
in parts nad assembly by making use of hole features to make hole but mistakes are made when m6 counter bore is give for m5 tap is there way any to give error message or checker , Are you using hole wizard?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 years ago
I would like to add to the dictionary that Design Checker is using as to date I have tried the following: 1. located the dictionary file that SolidWorks uses C:Program FilessolidworkslangEnglish (the swengineering.dic and the swdictionary.dic), added to that area nothing changed.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 years ago
Design Journal I have created a Design Journal in one of the part and am trying to find out where does SW saves that Design Journal doc file. Does anyone knows?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 years ago
It wasn't obvious where I should ask this question. Shoot me if this is the wrong place. I use SW Standard.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 years ago
Issue when viewing results from Compare Geometry/Features Again, as some already pointed out, there's no community for the SolidWokrs Utilities Add-In on the forum, so I take the liberty to post here.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 years ago