Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Having issues with interfering bodies. I have been trying to determine a how well a load would hold on a chair I am designing. It would be using Mortis and Tenen joints between the Legs and Supports.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
I have the simulation set up as an external analysis. The inlet boundary condition is on the nozzle with a volume flow rate of 50 gpm, I am using the pre-defined "slurry" as the material and have gravity turned on. The results show the flow coming out of the nozzle and not hitting the pan surface as it should.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
Material properties incorrect Just wondering how / where did Solidworks found the material properties in material database ??
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
I am trying to plot my mesh convergence graph and I am struggling to the nice "flat line". The stress keeps increasing until my study is terminated by running out of memory (degree of freedom > 3,000,000). Can someone here help me out? Thanks in Advance!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am in the middle of testing CAD/Simulator packages for my employer. We have a particular POC design we are trying to simulate. It is a motor which both the stator and the armature are able to move independantly of each other, somewhat like a torpedo motor. There is no counter-torque generated.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Analysis problem I would like to convert scan data into solidwork...Then I run the simulation,but failed mesh and terminal analysis...I try to edit face, but still cannot run simulation.i m using student solidwork package maybe lack some function...i want make stress analysis...Anyone can help me solve this problem ?SimulationSOLIDWORKS User Group Network (SWUGN)SolidWorks CorpDefault DefaultSolidWorks API SupportJason CapriottiArlin Loewen
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I'm trying to run 2015 SP 0 on a new WIndows10 workstation. Is there an issue with this older SP? I'm out of maintenance and can't download anything newer.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Results have changed since last session I have developed a whole collection of results for different configurations of an assembly in Flow SSimulation Upon opening up Solidworks in a new session and loading those results, temperatures are now 100 degrees or more higher. I have not re-solved those configurations.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
How can I perform a motion & dynamic analysis for an EOT crane which is suddenly stopped but the load it is carrying is still in momentum ????
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I'm not able to view the animations produced by SW simulation. Neither with Windows Media Player or with VLC which was recommended as an alternative. Seems to be a Codec issue, whatever Codec is.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
stress concentration dimensions and load(pressure):A=21mm,B=7mm,D=36mm,(other dimensions unchanged) P=1Mpa;
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I'm modeling a rotating propeller that is exposed to harmonic loading (from the torque impulses of an internal combustion engine). I'm able to model the torque impulses correctly, but I notice that "Centrifugal" is no longer listed as an "External Load" option, like it is in a Linear Static or Frequency analysis. Centrifugal loading has a first-order effect on the calculated stresses and dynamic characteristics, so I need to capture this body force if I want an accurate analysis.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I have a time-dependent simulation of a propeller (sliding mesh) operating in a non-uniform inflow. I would like to extract XY plots of pressure vs. Y on the blade surface at multiple radii for each time step (I have solution outputs at 360 time steps). Other than manually loading each of the 360 solutions and exporting the plot data, what are my options?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
The spring is held between to planar faces and stays there while compression. There is clearance between the bore diameter and the outer diameter of the spring.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
In an earlier thread regarding random vibration,https://forum.solidworks.com/message/213116#213116, we discussed the need to use Nonlinear Dynamic for the situation where the "do not allow penetration" requirement is needed. Tony Botting also suggested Tom Irvine's site,http://www.vibrationdata.comas a source for synthesizing the random vibration PSD curve as a time-history input. I've recently subscribed to Irvine's website - the $40 subscription is very reasonable considering all of the
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Is this a bug in flow simulation? I noticed this issue in 2015 SP4 and upgraded to 2016 SP4 and this version still has the same issue. I really don't get it. Any help would be appreciated!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I am having troubles with the following (spring) geometry: As you can see it´s basically a spring element which is locked in position at the bottom surface and gets loaded from the top. My goal is to calculate the stiffness (N/mm) of this structure in the elastic region and the elastic limit force before permanent deformation.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
shaking table in regular simulation study ? in frequencies?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Error message when meshing This occurs at the 98-99% completed mark and there are no parts that come up as unmeshable up to that point. The Study tree also locks up and I have to close & reopen the assembly to try again.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
So I am new to this forum and I've created an account to ask my question, and I am using SW2015. I am modelling a cylindrical tool for die casting that we use for R&D purposes. In this tool, there is a hex cavity in the middle, and I apply a compressive load of 120 MPa somewhere inside the cavity to simulate our process. I made the model a quarter model and applied symmetry to speed up the calculations.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I have a model for support structure carrying hot fluid of 5oo Celsius and load of 2000 N of load on the same facets shown in color of green and red Scattered. The stress Distribution of the model is depicted. Kindly share your valuable suggestions/Feedback.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I am running solidworks flow simulation 2017 on an electronic enclosure, and the fluid volume recognition failed. I used the check geometry tool, and got a list of invalid contacts, mostly faces overlapping, body duplication, and zero thickness vertex
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
using an assembly to run flow simulation, but also continuing to conduct design work on parts. is there a way to separate the functions with the same assembly, so that it does not try to start the thermal when the assembly is opened? Thank you, James. I took a look through options and didn't find the command.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I'm trying to do some basic flow simulations. For this simulation I want to measure the rise of temperature inside this box. I've drawn a small box and In the middle I've put a little box. On one side of this little box 45 Watts will be generated as heat source.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago