Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Does anyone know how to fix this error? "Computer COMPUTERNAME Failed to respond after 6016 Milli Seconds.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Anyone know how to get R410A as a predefined gas and/or liquid? is it included in the HVAC Module? Quick search in the SolidWorks KB:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
edge weld connector error -Mirrored part? I've tried searching for this, but no luck.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
geneva mechanism (Motion Study) can anybody help me? with this does not work, please
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 hours ago
Stress Strain curve I have few doubts about in defining SS curve. I have taken the tension test of AISI 301 steel.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am trying to create flow simulation of existing fan design. I have real-life lab test that I like to compare the accuracy of this simulation, but the result is far different from real-life test. Below is my summery of test:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I haven't done any simulation on the following model. Before anything I'd like to ask few questions about the simulation setup to make sure I am on the right track. The following model is a stainless-steel made part with two pairs of spring-steel made holders between which lies a optical fiber glass coated with polyimide. The split lines on the fiber is merely created for extracting results on selected entities.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I want to simulate the operation of wire bending in Solidworks Simulation. I am attaching the video of the same. Also I am attaching the assembly of my model and the image.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I have a nonlinear analysis with pressfits where I am tring to investigate two items. Item #1 total assembly delfection; item #2 contact pressures of press fits during loading. So what I am attempting to do is apply constraints on the assembly as needed during the inital steps of the anlaysis for the shrink fits to be applied, and then remove the constraints (using a time curve) to allow the assembly to respond to the applied external loads correctly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
A few months ago i had a strange issue. When i used mesh controls to prove convergence suddenly the highest von Mises stress was at a total different
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I tried to do flow simulation on the airfoil. 2d analysis. I developed the image as shown above. It is an external flow. if everything is correct.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I remember once I found how to run the graph plot outside solidworks simulation (Although I might confuse this with something else!). All I'm after is a shortcut to the Graph window so I can load my data saved as .oc2 (native format to this graph window application).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
first let me say sorry for my englisch. I`m a German student and I`m working on a projekt for my Thesis. The task is to simulate the thermal situation of an industrial camera with flow simulation 2018.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I'd like to know what the difference between the process of setting up the FE analysis in Catia FEA internal solver and Solidworks Simulation is. Could anyone give me some specific details, please? This is a general-type question.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
i have one doubt regarding the connections option in analysis. while making an assembly if we are using required mate options (like concentric and coincide mate to represent the bond between two plates held by a bolt) then do we need to specify any other connections(like the bolt option comes under the connection option ) while doing the analysis other than the default global contact option ? The mates do not carry over to the simulation settings. The connectors such as bolts and pins need to be
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
Has anyone figured out the black magic that is necessary to get the material specified in the model to carry over when you create a simulation study? If the model material is selected from the library it doesn't get automatically applied when you begin a study. The only options I have found thus far is to either go back and reapply it in the model or apply it in the study directly. Surely, there must be some means for simulation to automatically apply the material selected in the model?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
Good evening all, I am trying to analyze a part, simulating wind pressure on a large surface.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I can't get SolidWorks to mesh extruded cuts (hog-outs). Studied "Help", watched videos, tried everything I could think of: Mesh Control, Geometry Check, all mesh types and various parameters, 16 Jacobian Points... It's just one body; not an assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I just started to learn Flow simulation. I want to run a flow simulation with different reynolds number. my sketch is a 1m pipe Siavash KhajehhasaniAug 1, 2018 9:46 AM(in response to Iruthayaraju Andrews) Solidworks Flow comes with "Validation Examples" which are installed on your machine under the path for Flow.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Hi guys i am new to solidworks Flow simulation, I am performing natural convection, transient simulation in a closed enclosure, i understand that the progress bar shows the percentage of convergence happened, but in my case the solver has run 600 iterations but still my progress Barr is empty and no percentage and criterion is displayed. I have two heat source in closed enclosure, one volumetric and other surface heat source. i have made goals for both Maximum for Temperature.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
I was wondering how can I remove the green triad sign, which I automatically get when I load the Flow Simulation Add on. I posted a similar topic, and in the end people determined that this green triad is not an Origin, nor Coordinate system nor Mass properties sign:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
I'm trying to perform a pressure simulation on a simplified version of a part that I'd like to have manufactured. However, for my pressure analysis, solidworks siminsiststhat I want it to add mesh structure in the empty space (voids) in my part. I am sure that this is some setting that I accidentally enabled, so an easy fix (hopefully)?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Hi, could anyone please explain me... what is multiplication factor and how to choose it in order to find out factor of safety ?? Here is an example: If you apply a factor of 0.5 to a yield strength stress limit of 2000 psi, Factor of Safety Wizard uses 0.5 x 2000 = 1000 psi for the stress limit.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Seeking guidance on setting up FLOW sim on a shell & tube chiller evaporator. Purpose of the test is to create a base-case control model for comparison to a new tube design. My model has a fluid subdomain for the water flow through the tube side.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago