Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I'm trying to make a very complex part, with a lot of design challenges that I'm first getting to know a little one by one. One of these challenges is to have embossed strips on a free-form cylinder-like shape. I tried to do it with the embossed wrap function on a spline surface which gets me very strange results:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
Helix sweep doesn't follow full path I have a single variable pitch helix that revolves twice. I made a plane at the end of one of the points and created the cross-section (I'm making threads).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 hours ago
Modelling curved fluted surface I'm trying to create the model for the below picture. I'm having a hard way how to go around doing this.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
I teach a sophomore level mechanical engineering CAD class using Solidworks. I created a part for a quiz and saw that a couple of students were getting the same "wrong" answer for the part mass. When I looked more closely at the issue I realized that the variation was a result of modeling technique.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
I'm attempting to model a tapered rounded rectangular prism that has grooves around the outside. Is there an easier way to do this than making a profile and guide sketch for each groove and sweeping the profile along the sketch? Fine if this is the best (only) way to do it, but I'd hate to be missing something simple.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
2016 Hole Wizard defaults Am I missing something, or did they take away the hole wizard function of defaulting to the last used settings for hole wizard in 2016? For instance, I use a fractional inch hole, and next time i use a hole it defaults back to all sizes and the default settings.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
Perhaps this is a noob question but I'm started to get frustrated with this spline handle that won't come back. I created a simple spline with define all the handles with the smart dimension. Then I went to work on other stuffs, came back to that spline, trying to see what's the smart dimension I created and perhaps adjust it a bit, no can't do.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 hours ago
So I've been playing around with the wing design for my RC and I'm now faced with this issue. If you looked at this picture, the wing and the wingtip are not intersecting perfectly. Is there anything in the set up that I need to be aware of to make it the intersection complete without gap?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Fixed Constraints Moving I am currently having issues where my key points that i put fixed constraints on are floating so I have to reposition them back to their correct coordinates multiple times during a design. Is anyone else having this issue or know a better way to set fixed points so they don't float?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I need to make a counter clock wise (CCW) version of this propeller. Fellow contributors taught me to use the mirror part feature, and that appears to work, but when I upload the mirrored part to Xometry, it shows an error called an "enclosed hollow" and won't 3D print the part. Is there something in the mirror method that is creating this error? If so, can someone flip this prop in a different way?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
This challenge is encountered by many of us every day, when trying to save time by mirroring parts or even assemblies. If the components have labels attached, either as text or as sketches, the text geometry gets mirrored too. - post a solution that meets the requirements above using only SOLIDWORKS functionality
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
This challenge could possibly be the simplest ever, since this topic has been debated before on this forum, so a solution might already be available. A video describing this challenge has been attached to this post and can also be found here:SWPUC 21 Challenge: How to Model the Most Accurate Barrel Cam - YouTube
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Whenever I open a part, I get the above mentioned error. I was on SW2014 SP0.0, I updated to 4.0 to try and remedy the error, and it didnt fix it. Does anyone know what causes this error/how to get rid of it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
We first gave the "Advanced Hole" wizard a try when in came out in 2017. We had zero success getting it to remember the favorites we would create, making the feature rather useless to us so we didn't really dig much farther into it. We figured we'd let Solidworks work the bugs out and try it again in 2018. Later learned of the complete lack of hole callout capability for holes created using Advanced Hole, and we were glad that we didn't spent too much time trying to use it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
its a circular part so there are no reference edges to work off of. Im trying to make and extruded cut for a hole and I figured the simplest way to do it would be to make a sketch on a plane that's 45 degrees offset from the right plane but I can't figure out how to accomplish it in solidworks. any help would be appreciated. there are lots of different ways to do this depending on what you exactly want to do.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I am relatively inexperienced with SolidWorks and am having difficulties with an imported model. I have drawn a sketch with 4 slots, so I don't believe there is an open contour. I have tried flipping direction, side to cut, and using through all - both without success.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I made this Slot and Tab by means of showing and hiding the parts. I wish to know whether there is any other method to make this. I mean method that can distinguish overlapping faces and edges.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Now i use this smart component in an assemply .After that i use the curve pattern component command to multiply this smart component but it's create only the component and not the holes .Can you tell please how to create and the holes with component too? Glenn SchroederNov 9, 2018 8:57 AM(in response to Kostas Stergiopoulos) I don't believe you can create holes and components in an Assembly. I'd recommend changing your workflow.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I am trying to create a 3D model from 22 2D images. The image below shows an example of what one plane looks like. I was able to successfully use the autotrace feature on the black-and-white image, and plan on doing so for all 22 planes. My problem is that Solidworks 2018 won't create a loft from plane to plane due to intersecting geometry.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
Would like to be able to use trim as normal, but instead of deleting the chosen sketch segment, it turns it into construction geometry, maintaining all relations. I'm not opposed to the idea, but in the meantime I guess you know you can use the "Split Entities" command to break the sketch line and then turn one portion into construction?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I can believe how good are the SOLIDWORKS Product Definition Managers at keeping a straight face! One day me and many of my AE colleagues made a passionate plea to add certain new features in the software, and the following day we see that functionality presented on the big screen in the general session at SWW 2019.Bruce Holway,Nick Birkett-Smith,Ravi Shrivastavahow did you do that??
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I'm building drone propellers, so I need both a clockwise and counterclockwise set. I need to convert this "Clockwise" propeller blade to a "counter clockwise" pattern, but I also need to keep the unused points at the end in the "tiplet plane" in their respective relative locations after the flip, these will be used later. I know it's a mirror function but I'm not getting it to work.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago