Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Based on the results of my searching so far, it appears we're fast approaching the10 year anniversaryof this issue never being solved. Awesome. Now then...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
Custom Property Formulas Can you link a Custom Property to a formula? I'm looking to streamline cut list creation for our machine shop.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
I am unable to see the spline handles. Please find the attachments. Am i missing something in here ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
Feature tree expand arrows I have a part for which the little expand arrows in the feature tree that allow you to see the sketches underlying features have mysteriously disappeared.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
Wrap feature error I'm trying to wrap a sketch onto a cylindrical surface but I get the error:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I create a sheet metal box and cut two holes. I need to insert a pem nut. (Download this nut from Pem engineering) 8-32. I check out Utube but could not find a good video to show me how to insert a pem nut. Please give me some instruction.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Has anyone seen this error before? What does it mean? It seems contrary to reality. In the case where I'm getting this error, my model was building fine consistently before turning on "verify on rebuild", and then it has problems starting higher in the tree than this particular combine feature (also odd, but worked around).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Move/Copy Body I want to make this line parallel to the Right Plane. Is it possible to use Move/Copy Body command to do so?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I need to cover this area with a plate so I can mount things to it. Any suggestions? Hello Barry,.. for a Flat Plate,.. maybe create some 3D points (adjust later if neeed) and apply a 3 Point Plane and Sketch.. then select the faces to extract the silhouettes or intersection curves for you perimeter sketch?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Has anyone else encountered this issue where excessive trailing zero's appear when trying to edit a part's feature? Is this s system variable or something that can be controlled from within Solidworks? You can control decimals from Option --> document properties --> Unit --> Decimals.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I have a shaft assembly that is turned in a higher level assembly. I would like the turning profiles to be part of the design library so they can be used again. When I add the a design feature to the assembly though I get the error "You may only select references from the part being edited. Please reselect".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Hi all, i have this question: I know I can make a compinent copy indipendent, and modify it without affecting the other copies. But let's say I want to do this: have a component that inherits the changes made to the origilan one for the part it was derived from, but that can accept new features.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I'm currently working on a project and I'm looking to create a melded look with the model. My model currently looks like this: And I am trying to make it look more like the top of the glove.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I'm trying to link a drawing's revision date and revision number to properties in the part model so that they can be called in the bill of material. I haven't found a way for the part to call the drawing's information, even though the drawing calls information from the part. I would appreciate any advice on the matter. Thank you.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
A single Stent was made and assembled and assembly file was converted into part file to use Flex command to bend it by 360 degree. But it didn’t work. How to fix it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I want to bend this structure by 360 degree but flex tool is not responding. How to fix it? I got old version of SW so I can't check.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Adding Bodies Combine tool is used to add these single bodies but error message popups. What is the reason?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Chris, You are correct, there is no midplane command. You can get the same thing by creating a 3D sketch with two lines.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
Flex Command In the graphic area bending is -90 degree but in Property Manager -180 degree is used. What is reason for that?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
Flex Command In the graphic area bending is 90 degree but in Property Manager 180 degree is used. What is reason for that?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
Parting Line Arrow It is Direction of Pull is going to decide whether draft is inward or outward. What is the meaning of arrow showing at Parting Line?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I am currently trying to create simple model of a flow diverter stent. My model currently contains two swept helices (one propagating clockwise and the other counterclockwise) that I want to create a circular pattern of both helices around their propagation axis. The pattern should contain ~40 - 45 instances of equal spacing to form something that resembles a cylindrical mesh. There is also a video I found on youtube of someone successfully creating the circular pattern to build a model similar
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I will collect all winning solutions from the SWPUCs in this playlist: Let's see how many videos we can record before the end of the year.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I'm trying to copy and move / rotate this part and set the height above the first part. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I tried xing out to come back to the start of this feature, but thats not happening. When I reopen the file, it takes me back to the second part of the feature.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago