For a long time I've been annoyed that when I make a drawing with shaded views (Figure 1) and save it as a .pdf, that the shaded views in the .pdf are very low resolution images (Figure 2). Today I learned that you can increase the resolution (ppi, not the dpi) of the images in the .pdf export by going to *from a SolidWorks drawing* -> "File" -> "Save As" -> "Save As Type" -> ".pdf" -> "options" -> "System Options" -> "export" -> "file format" -> "pdf" -> "Shaded/Draft geometry DPI" -> *set to a
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
DimXpert is a powerful tool. However, that doesn't mean its perfect. I'd like to hear from you about what you need DimXpert to do that it currently cannot. For example, some customers have asked for the ability to add BASIC dimensions that are not associated with a dimension scheme or that are ancillary to an existing scheme or feature control frame.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 hours ago
Okay. On a straight "normal" dimension leader line you can anchor a GD&T feature Control frame to it with no problems. But... As soon as you put a bend in the leader line everything falls apart and the frame will not move with the leader line.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
Most Dimxpert features can fall within a default symmetric tolerance of +/-0.1mm for instance. But let's say I know a specific feature is already a hole with diameter thats (+.05mm, -0mm). If I input that as the limit tolerance within a Sketch, can I have dimxpert automatically reference that dimension name so that I don't get into a situation where manually edited Dimxpert size features have different tolerance zones than my Sketches? 1.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
I may be losing my mind. I've been back and forth with our Solidworks Support provider trying to figure this one out. This is what I'm almost certain I have been able to do for ages now. Insert a Geo-tolerance onto a diameter dimension as shown in the first screenshot below.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
does your title block have basic tolerances such as .xxx= .005, .xx=.01 etc. if so what are your default tolerances Re: TOLERANCES IN TITLE BLOCK
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
[bug?] crop dissapearing
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
My particular drawing sheet template has its own column/row border. My border has 6 rows (A-F) and 8 columns (1-8). Therefore, in Document Properties - Drawing Sheets, the zone origin must be relative to the template. Also, in Sheet Properties - Zone Parameters, the row and column count must match.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Can't open Solidworks file from Treehouse When I was using Treehouse 2017 I was able to open solidworks files from treehouse. With treehouse 2018 I get the following message when I try to open a solidworks file from Treehouse 2018.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am not coming up with a good way in Solidworks to show a dimension like the foreshortened Ø14" dimension in the "enlarged view" seen above. This is my progress...lol...I want my Ø19.94 dimension to look like the Ø14 dimension in the auto-cad screenshot. To where the dimension isn't shooting off the drawing border.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
If I'm doing 3d sketch inside assembly or part (ie..with something already there) The only way to put that 50 dimension is to click LMB somewhere outside that isn't part of existing model - if not that it will pick it for selection of dimension.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I only use SW2019 occasionally so i do not know if this is a bug. when i put BOM in the assembly environment this will appear and after i clicked the table will disappear but if i will move my mouse in the place where i put the BOM it will show a distorted table and if i will move aside my courser it will dis appear again. Does anyone using 2019 also suffer this problem. Also this one hmm maybe the Nvidia Driver can anyone post what nvidia driver they are using in a Nvidia Quadro K5000m
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am working on a company where in we use solidworks in marketing purposes, for automated quotations of product orders. specifically medical, food and commercial storage equipments. We use a 3rd party tool that uses Solidworks in automating different configurations of assemblies using macro. with that, it can also generate PDF approval drawings without even using solidworks manually.. all are automated using Macro.. One problem that I recently encounter is that when the drawing is generated and
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have an exploded view in a drawing that is in ISO orientation. I added a break view and the full assembly went to a very light shaded view. It isn't Shaded with edges like I had before I added the break view. How do I get it to display correctly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
we have switched to SW 2018 recently. I found out that our hatch started to appear in the same color (or layer) as the section line itself. In 2016 we had set the Section View layer in Docum. prop to Orange and it only affected the section line color and the note but the hatch remained grey.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I was wondering if it is possible to draw a property survey in Solidworks? The reason I ask this is because when I try to draw the property and put the angles in the resulting property shape will become driven and freak out on me. I haven't done it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I have Polar selected both in Autodimension scheme and Document Properties (Tools/Options/Document Properties/DimExpert/Geometric Tolerancing). It doesn't work. At all. Has anyone else seen this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Clicking on a dimension in a drawing does not change to the PropertyManager tab automatically. It stays on the FeatureManager Design Tree. Is there any option to solve this and come back to normal? thx you
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
We have had a lot of our customers also experiencing this issue, and whilst we haven't narrowed down the exact cause yet, we have found a workaround: (If you would like the files to DraftSight 2017 SP0 drop me a message, as these are no longer hosted publicly) a.C:Program FilesDassault SystemesDraftSightfolder (to ex. DraftSight_OLD)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I would like to hear a solution for my problem in a detail drawing for a Part Weldment (Fabrication Drawing) with Respect to Cut list Items (BOM) and to the Missed Call out (Missed Item/Balloon Number in drawing). Here my Question - if aPart Weldmentconsist of20 Bodies(20 Cut list Items in a BOM), if we create a drawing for this part weldment we will show details & Balloon Call outs for these 20 bodies (Cut list Items in a BOM- which is described plate/flat bar/rubber etc.). Is there any
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
DraftSight Activation problem 08:51:55 Debug: [LINE NO]
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
When I create my Solidworks drawing, I am including a block with some text in it. That block is based on a template used by other drafters in my company, and I copy-pasted the block into the two documents that I am currently working on. When I finished with the document, saved it, and then used the Save As to save as a .pdf. In both the .slddrw and the .pdf previews, the text appears to be normal;
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I want to create a part/drawing template for parts/assemblies that we build of various diameters and lengths. These parts also have holes going through circular flanges at various patterns, e.g. - 16 holes, 20 holes, etc. equally spaced on a bolt circle. I want cropped and detail views to move with the varying lengths and diameters. I have attached a drawing of the application.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago