I read this thread, but for me all is not well.How to copy sheets with drawing and section views from one drawing into another drawing? My drawing sheet contains the creation date.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
I have a multibody part with 2 items .Is there a possible to link each item property to sheet in SW 2016 sp5? Attached is my test files. In the second page ,the DWG NO. should be HR00-01. Anyone can tell me how to link this to sheet?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
I have Weldement Cut tables with duplicate items - same size, and shape, but there are fractional differences is the size (~0.004mm). According to my drawing, the lines are exactly the same (line lengths are using equal relations). is there any way to combine the items in a weldment cut list? mine auto generates and locks me out of individual cell editting. Thanks In advance
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
Our standard is that English dimensions have trailing zeroes but no leading zeroes. Metric is the opposite - leading zeroes but no trailing zeroes. Is there any way to do that?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
My angular dimensions are showing two decimal places always. 30.00 for example. My linear dimensions have functioning smart trailing zeros.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
I have a weldment frame and created several different display states to isolate some sections of the frame. the superfluous bodies are hidden but they still are "selectable" in drawing views. which makes detailing a big pain in the neck. Does anyone know if there is an option to have hidden bodies unselectable? the "selection of hidden edges" toggles didn't help with this issue.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
I am trying to save a BOM as a .xls file, but when I go through the steps to do so it doesn't save. I do have Excel, and I am using SW2015.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
I have some 2D schematics somebody else has drawn in Draftsight that I want to add to a SW drawing file as a view. I also want to retain the link to the file if I need to edit it at a later time. When I go to Insert>Object>Create From File and select the .dwg file, it never comes into the drawing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 hours ago
I'm stuck on trying to assemble a plate to a rod face. I did two planes, to apply the symmetric mate and mate the to the face of the plate edge, and somehow, it seems like it's stuck on a no-rotation state. Here's a photo of what I meant.Screenshot (41).png
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 hours ago
Beginner user, please see attached photo of my steel container, looking some opinion on best way to correct a few errors, such as, plane 32 visible in the DWG is the plane needed to correct my only error, yet it wont allow me to correlate this plane to the spout leading away from the DWG, also, the spout leading away,and the wall it is attached to, you can see from the attached that this is not smooth and the spout leads into the container when I need it to be smooth and flat to allow liquids to
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 hours ago
In need of help, somehow I can't get over this one. Please help! I've send some photos and file for your review here.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 hours ago
How to show a map in drawing frame mode? I have a model with a symbol or map on it, i want to show the symbol or map in drawing frame mode.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Why can't the table automatically absorb and alignment the edges of the frame? Jive Software Version: 2016.3.10.4, revision: 20180516024324.179277c.release_2016.3.10.4
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Is there any idea for spell check in drawing BOM table. Jive Software Version: 2016.3.10.4, revision: 20180516024324.179277c.release_2016.3.10.4
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
First let me start with my VAR has been involved... We had hoped for an improvement from 2015 to 2016 upgrade, but that is not the case.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Hello everyone, I'm working on a prototype part that I'm making lots of little adjustments on as I test out different shapes and features to see how they might work. It's a pretty simple piece just using a couple extruded sketches and cuts, but since I'm constantly making changes I keep getting error messages from features further down the tree from sketches saying they are missing dimensions or relations when I make changes to the first feature sketch. Initially I thought it was because I was
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Is there a way to attach existing sketch entities to a drawing view? As in, sketch entities have been drawn on the sheet but now need to be attached to the drawing view so that they move with the drawing view. I know this can be done by copying the entities and pasting them into the drawing view, however this moved the sketch entities, is there a way to attach the sketch entities to a drawing view WITHOUT the sketch entities moving in relation to the drawing view?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
Open/Closed Leaders Ok, chalk this up to new functionality in 08, or i'm going blind. Would appreciate some help.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Every time I project a view, all of the holes get centermarks. Sometimes that's a LOT of them. We no longer want all those centermarks cluttering-up the drawing, but I've not been able to determine which option to change.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
threaded hole line? is it possible to manipulate the hole line for threaded holes (I think solidworks draws them incorectly for DIN or ISO standards)?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
What does this symbol mean? can somebody tell me what the symbol pointed out below on a drawing means? What is it called?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I am trying to a symmetry line on my drawing like the one in the example. I have a Model which is rotated to demonstrate the task. A sketch is created from the model and using "image section" a quarter view of the model. Is there a way to create a view just like the one in the example?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I have drawings to make that have several of the same chamfers. When I use the Chamfer dim tool I get 1 x 45.00° for each of them and the dim text is just . If I edit this, it's just a note, not a dim.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
When adding a note to the drawing template so it is easily editable it is fine for the first sheet but then does not show up when adding a new sheet to the document. If a note is not in sheet format then it does not show up when creating new sheets. Specifically, I have a note with leaders that I would like to easily and quickly move around a drawing but my drawing has multiple sheets where I would like this note to appear. I could place it on the sheet format and it will appear on new sheets
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago