Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I would like to hear a solution for my problem in a detail drawing for a Part Weldment (Fabrication Drawing) with Respect to Cut list Items (BOM) and to the Missed Call out (Missed Item/Balloon Number in drawing). Here my Question - if aPart Weldmentconsist of20 Bodies(20 Cut list Items in a BOM), if we create a drawing for this part weldment we will show details & Balloon Call outs for these 20 bodies (Cut list Items in a BOM- which is described plate/flat bar/rubber etc.). Is there any
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 hours ago
I was looking to have the warning for the keep / break link when changing BOM cells show up on a colleague workstation, but I wasn't able to find the option to display this warning again. I assumed I would find it under Tools>Options>SystemOptions>Messages/errors/warnings but I've checked there and couldn't find anything related to this.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
edit: To understand why you have to multiply by 1 (or add zero) I envisage it's a similar situation to having a Column in Excel formatted as text. The math operation forces the BOM to see a number Re: How to set decimal place in a BOM table
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
I need to add a column in a drawing bom that will show a particular dimension. I know how to add a custom property to the part, then assign that custom property to the dimension, but i was wondering if there was a way to link the dimension directly to the bom, rather than having to take this extra step? Once you have the custom property linked to the dim just add a column to the BOM in your drawing with the model property that contains the dimension.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
we use "Use models "in-use" or last saved configuration", so that the drawing views update as we change configurations and also the BOM updates automatically (if it is EXCEL based bom). i would like to add few custom properties to the BOM. how can this be done? ,custom_properties
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
If I copy drawing with assembly in it, then open that copy, change configuration of assembly. Then change configuration in BOM... if you then write directly into BOM, it won't change file properties of the current configuration, instead it will change the previous configuration while displaying information of the new configuration.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
I have a text field in a drawing linked to a part/assembly custom property. The property is a number "totalqty", but could just as easily be "Description" or "SW-File Name". So the text field reads $PRPSHEET:"totalqty" and it populates as soon as I create a drawing based on a part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
By making a non geometry part in an assembly and saving within the assembly I can count for consumables in the BOM (grease, loctite, oil box of nails etc) Well as a suggestion, you can create dummy part in the library with no geometry. Set theirBOM Quantityvalue to A/R (as required).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
In assembly drawing which contains some views, I replaced the Assembly model, in all views. Although you need to have a drawing view active to insert a BOM, the BOM is then linked to the assembly itself, not the drawing view, so there is no way to update an existing BOM to reflect a new drawing view.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
And is the file set to open lightweight? I find that BOMs don't update properly if they are opened lightweight or the assembly is already opened in lightweight mode. If this is the case, right mouse button select the sheet in the feature manager and select "Set lightweight to resolved". This is one of the main reasons I don't use lightweight mode.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Why can I not get my assembly BOM to update with the custom properties changed at the part level? I change the description of a given part and it does not update on the BOM. Are there configurations involved?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Re: BOM not updating when using Cfg name as Part Number Weldment Profiles Description Change
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Is there an easy way to hide a cut list from an indented BOM? I only want parts and assemblies to show up. Each cut list item for every weldment and sheet metal part shows up as a part on the indented BOM.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I don't know if you can toggle off word wrapping, but to eliminate word wrap, how about making the required columns extra wide in your BOM template so when exported to Excel, none are wrapped and then there, select all and uncheck Wrap Text. For the BOM scaling, since it's dependent on the current view depth when the BOM is created, I don't know how to set the zoom to where it's always 1.0.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
SW makes me crazy one more time. Be careful. edit part and change units of one of the items to match the other:)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
So, I have a drawing that has 4 configurations showing in the BOM. When I try to balloon the parts, it'll only balloon the parts of the configuration shown in the view (obviously). Can you show the balloons for all the parts in the different configurations on one sheet??
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I have a problem with the first line in the BOM which shows the name of the BOM. In my case it is set to Drawing name: / Drawing nr.: / Date:... If I change the name to something else and then save the BOM as a new template it won't save to it, because when I insert the newly saved templated, the BOM label is the same as it was before the change.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
does anyone know if is it possible to hide/show drawing BOM header (the one with BOM title, NOT row with column headers) via Macro? Is there any appropriate API method? I would appreciate any advice.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I'm having a simple pipe and it has been done by Routing so the length comes automatic to the BOM. Is it possible to adjust precision so that it would give me 215 instead of 215.01 ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I have ran into the issue of sorting my BOM. My software is SW 2012 SP4.0 I want to sort the BOM by the file name alphabetically.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I need to export an indented BOM where each sub item has the total used in each subassembly. If you use Assembly Visualization and expand the subassemblies, it shows the breakdown I need. The problem is it doesn't export in the expanded view; it only shows the top subassembly level.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I am trying to save a BOM as a .xls file, but when I go through the steps to do so it doesn't save. I do have Excel, and I am using SW2015.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Is there a way to create a BOM in a part drawing that includes multiple configurations. In the BOM menu under configurations, there is a drop down menu that makes me choose one configuration rather than a list with a check box where I can select multiple configurations. Create an Assembly, inserting one each of each configuration of the Part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
How to replace BOM in the existing drawing with a new template BOM Delete the old one and Insert a "New" BOM
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago