Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I am trying to save a BOM as a .xls file, but when I go through the steps to do so it doesn't save. I do have Excel, and I am using SW2015.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Is there a way to create a BOM in a part drawing that includes multiple configurations. In the BOM menu under configurations, there is a drop down menu that makes me choose one configuration rather than a list with a check box where I can select multiple configurations. Create an Assembly, inserting one each of each configuration of the Part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
How to replace BOM in the existing drawing with a new template BOM Delete the old one and Insert a "New" BOM
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Why can I not get my assembly BOM to update with the custom properties changed at the part level? I change the description of a given part and it does not update on the BOM. Are there configurations involved?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
When I save a BOM to Excel, any field that contains leading zeroes in SolidWorks is trimmed to remove them in Excel. Not sure if this is an issue with the way SolidWorks creates the Excel file, or the way Excel treats it when it is opened. Does anyone know a way around this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I am having troubles with my BOM not generating the material for a specific part configuration. Material generates with all other parts in the assembly but not for the part that has multiple configurations. Is there some sort of broken link between custom property and the configurations? Not sure what I am doing wrong here.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
I have a top level assembly and there are many sub level assembly. Some off the shelf component CAD models are downloaded as assemblies, some of them are downloaded as parts. In each of my assembly, I have configuration and exploded views. Now, I need to create a BOM for all parts and purchased items.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
I have created a BOM (Cutlist+Components). Even after I did combine identical components, the same bodies do not get combined. For example last 6 items are bodies in a weldment which are identical and should show as one item with quantity 6 pieces, but the BOM is showing them as separate items. Any advice to rectify this please?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
Is there a way of changing the default settings so that balloon items are linked and updated automatically to the existing BOM on a drawing? Currently whenever I have a view, I have to right click, and on properties link each balloon to the BOM manually. This is time consuming.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to redo a BOM so that it displays a,b,c,d.... rather than 1,2,3,4......?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
For example if we have a weldment with large number of bodies, and some other components. So basically it is a assembly with weldment+components. Sometimes we miss to mark a balloon to some body or component. I know we can see which body has missed the balloon.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
I have an assembly with multiple instances of some parts and want them to show up in order where they are in the assembly on my BOM instead of showing up only as a quantity on the first instance. I hope that makes sense to someone. Thanks!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
28 days ago
I have some parts in the BOM that should not have numeric QTY (ex. epoxy, tape, etc..) I found a solution on the forums:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
We have a BOMs, we created, we saved it out as a excel(xls) file. Had issue with 2 lines as it has converted the numbers to dates. Example:Number is SolidWorks BOM,5404-8-4→ converted to8/4/5404in xls file
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I'm seeking assistance with designing our Property Tab Builder. We typically use only four properties (Description, Material, Manufacturer, PartNo). I want to create the interface such that the Material property will flow along the lines of:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I am wondering if it is possible to have the Cut List description in my BOM description? I am working on automating the BOM of steel structures and it would be awesome if was possible, I know that you can insert the Cut List description by choosing "Indented" in the Bill of Materials property, but the problem is that I will get two rows instead of one and then multiple length values. (See attached pic.) I cannot use the Weldment Cut List, because I have a lot of different equations linked to the
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have a part in an assembly which has been used 4 times but for some reason I had to copy the relating .sldpart file and rename it...this way I have the same part which has different names in the assembly. so, when I make the BOM, it has not been shown in the assembly as 4 different parts, each of them has the Qty=1. Is there any way to be able to show the part in the assembly as one part with the Qty=4 ? I do not want to make the part names identical for some reason.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I am currently working on my first drawing. I do not have any templates set up so I am using the default ANSI landscape for 17x11 paper size with default title block. I have dimensioned my drawing, driven and driving, and have finished adding all my notations.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I have several drawings that I am revising that have existing BOMS that have external links etc to the parts / assemblies that are called up. Now I have added a few parts to this overall assembly as well as assemblies and I would like to add these parts / and assemblies to the existing BOM and also add teh external links to those items so that the Balloon feature will also follow any changes made...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Anybody having this issue? I try to export a BOM to xls but it doesnt show up in the actual folder I tried to save it to, it DOES show up in my "Recent Files" but will not open if I try.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
i have follow situation: i have 3 ass , one in another and more normal parts and i want to list then in boom as they where only parts there, like this:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
We are using a BOM with serveral hidden colums. This is saved in the BOM Template. After inserting the BOM and switching to another BOM type, all the hidden BOM columns appear. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Is there any way to view that a custom link has been added to a BOM table? For instance, I start with a blank row in the BOM table. I double-click on a cell in that row and then click the Link to Property button.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I recently discovered that if you insert a BOM in a SW2017 Drawing, drawing views of the components in the BOM inserted afterwards will automatically be linked to it. People have been asking for something like this for a long time, so it's a great enhancement, but somehow it didn't make it into the "What's New" document (or at least if it did I can't find it).Deepak Guptadid some further checking and discovered that this only works if there's only one table in the Drawing (no other BOM's or cut
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago