I have been hunting what causes daily "memory critically low" - errors and eventually crash. I'd like to hear if someone else is experiencing similar issues and perhaps have found solution. This is what I have found and learned:
- GDI do not hit the bottom when memory error appear, it can be below 5000 or sometimes just 2000
- GPU memory is not close to hitting bottom, it can be about ~50% or less
- RAM used is typically below 50%
- If I make drawings I receive memory error sooner than just on modeling space
- Memory error disappeared when I changed resolution to HD for some time and returned back to 4k. This I tried once yesterday and will repeat once next error appears. Solidworks WAS NOT restarted in between resolution change and model WAS NOT reloaded. I guess key for the problem is this (EDIT 2: This helped few times but not whole day design with several rounds of error messages).
- Solidworks is 2016 SP5.0
- GPU drivers was first official SW2016 certified and now 2017 certified. I don't see any difference.
- After hours of error free design I got "memory critically low" when opened first drawing
- Only thing I did to get rid of warning was that I changed screen resolution to 1920x1080 for a while and error message was gone.