One reason DraftSight® has become one of the top five CAD products (by seat count) is that when it comes to drawing technology, one size does not fit all. AutoCAD® is the industry leader, and it comes with 40 years of commands, and a price tag to match. So many people who need CAD software look for alternatives that can do the work, support existing standards, and not break the budget.
DraftSight provides comparable if not greater capabilities than alternative CAD products at a fraction of the price. Millions of users worldwide have chosen DraftSight to create, edit, view, and markup DWG drawings.
Having a range of products to choose from helps you find the best CAD solution for your needs, at the best value.
The following list offers several typical tasks, matching them to the specific minimum version of DraftSight suitable to the need.
- Creating 2D designs or making significant revisions to existing designs: DraftSight Professional offers advanced features, including a rich set of productivity tools, including reusable blocks (including support for Dynamic Blocks!) and other elements (Design Library); the ability to compare two drawings (DrawCompare); batch printing; and API access, to customize and automate processes and get your jobs done fast.
- Working with drawings created in Bentley Systems MicroStation: DraftSight Professional and above. AutoCAD may be the leading tool for construction design and documentation, but there are other products with large markets. Bentley Systems is a leader in civil engineering, network utilities, and power plant design. Bentley products use a file format called DGN, and DraftSight Professional or higher support importing it.
- Mechanical design: DraftSight Professional or higher contains a toolbox of standards-based mechanical symbols and mechanical annotation features.
- 3D design: DraftSight Premium or Enterprise Plus. These two versions include all the drafting features of DraftSight Professional, and add 3D modeling and editing (wireframe or solids), 3D meshing, and 2D constraints for parametric drawing.
- A highly collaborative workgroup: DraftSight Enterprise or Enterprise Plus. Dassault Systemès brought DraftSight to the market because for every seat of 3D CAD there are between four and ten seats of 2D CAD in the organization supporting the same mission. In the DraftSight family of products, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus are specific to the needs of workgroups. In addition to all the features of Standard and Professional, there is significant integration with the SOLIDWORKS® ecosystem.
Beyond the drafting and interoperability, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus offer network licensing support, technical support, and a deployment wizard. The main difference between Enterprise and Enterprise Plus is that 2D Constraints and the 3D Modeling toolset are only in Enterprise Plus.
DraftSight is a proven CAD solution with the productivity tools, functionality, and compatibility you need with choices in product and license flexibility at the best value. With DraftSight, the choice is yours.
Download a free trial of DraftSight today!
Proven DWG-file-based CAD at the best value on the market.
DraftSight, brought to you by Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE company, has been trusted by millions of users worldwide. DraftSight provides a familiar, intuitive 2D drafting experience with options for advanced productivity tools, 3D design capabilities, parametric constraints, and flexible licensing options including perpetual licenses and network licenses for organizations with multiple users or sites. DraftSight’s command and file compatibility and support for legacy drawings and data like Dynamic Blocks facilitate a quick transition from AutoCAD with a minimal learning curve. Visit DraftSight.com to learn more.