Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I've referred to using Plate in weldments on several Forum posts, and a member contacted me about sharing my files, so I created this Discussion in case someone else is interested. For some background, a few years ago I created a folder with some plate profiles (simple rectangle sketches, centered on the origin, with additional points for alternate insertion locations).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
Weldment profile file location. The weldment profile file location is found on the hard drive of the users PC. Is it possible to move this location to a common location on the server so all can access it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
I only have three choices of tube in my drop menu, but there are many in the toolbox. Did something get missed in the install process? No, nothing got missed.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
I have followed the 5 steps in SW help for ‘Weldment - Creating custom Profiles.’ ‘Selected object is not a Library Feature Part’.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
First time I have used a cut list in a weldment and for some reason the table will not work? Do I need to create a template? Have you updated the cut-list in the model?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
Changing weldment profile inserts library feature instead of changing profile if there are sheetmetal features and other library features in part. SW is aware of this bug since 2015 and even recorded it. However it is neither fixed nor is a fix to this issue (SPR644470) posted.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
Feature Library part using Weldments I'm using SW2018. I'm not super familiar with how the Feature Library works, but I've been working on a lot of structural projects using weldments... is it at all possible to create a Library part from a Weldment such as L3x3 angle that has holes/slots for tying in beams/channel and maintains it's cut list properties?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
Warning while saving drawing. I create a weldment profile by modifying existing weldment profile. Now, while saving a drawing, it always shows a warning.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
I was going through the weldments tutorial and encountered this problem. A couple of trims were to be performed earlier and I was successful.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
So, the weldments I design will have a mixed bundle of material types that are processed in multiple differents locations. Let me use just 4 examples so my babbling makes sense. This cutlist will have 4 different processed types of material. There is a Shear & Brake Process, Saw Process, Laser Process, and Plate Burn Process.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
It locks all of the fields unless you unlock them. This also stops you from being able to link to the description field for each item under the weldment properties.. SW2018 SP0.1. this was not the case in SW2017 or earlier.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
I am trying to make a mirror of a weldment frame. I can get the part to mirror but it loses all of its features and cut list information.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
I am using SW2014 SP5. I have used the Mirror Part... command to create some mirrored weldments. I began created the drawing for one of the mirrored parts and the cut list came in empty.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
I made some changes for the weldment part and the cut list item in feature tree was renamed as shown below. In the drawing it was showing the correct item number.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
Coping/Weldment question I have a question for you guys... I'm drawing a hand rail for a set of stairs and I use the split method to cut short for coping.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
change value solidworks weldments cutlist
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
I don't generally use the Weld Bead feature in Solidworks. Like most everyone else I simply just insert a Weld Symbol annotation. Unfortunately, we are launching a new product and I am trying to reduce the amount of trips to my office with questions regarding weld bead locations. I have found the feature to be brutally and pain stakingly slow.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
I have 2 question about weld beads. First: How i can insert "triangular weld" instead of this "fillet welds"?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
Just upgraded to 2016 and was looking forward to making some better property tabs but... Working on weldment properties.. I've added some text properties, using a text file to make a list.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
Metal table with rectangular tubes I am trying to make a metal table with a rectangular or square tube as legs
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 months ago
Besides adding additional sketch points, is there any way to offset a structural member in Weldments, allowing a bolted connection? Example: two angles, perpendicular to each other. One resting on the flange of the other.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 months ago
Custom Cutlist from selected weldment bodies I'm trying to find a way to create weldment cutlists by means of selecting the bodies. When detailing the weldment we can create one detail that has similar bodies with the only dimensional change being one dimension...say OAL.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 months ago
My idea is to put the rectangular weldment hooked to the right by the solid body and, hooked up by the pipe weldment. When choosing the Pierce point I can't choose the perfect position.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 months ago
3d sketch of a square, table top. Inserted 2x2x1/4" wall square tubing. When locating the profile of one of the tubes to the correct position, others are wrongly positioned. How do I change one without changing the others?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 months ago