What's new in the

SOLIDWORKS User Forum

Where SOLIDWORKS users discover, engage, and share about 3DEXPERIENCE Works - SOLIDWORKS desktop, cloud-connected, and pure cloud.

Just log in with your 3DEXPERIENCE ID.

Hi, I have a query. I want to transfer my CSWA certification in another account as the email account related to this ID is at risk. How can I do that? Can anyone please help?
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hi, I am using a design table for an assembly I created. I create a blank design table, then I click on a feature dimension in my assembly but the excel box stays empty; the excel sheet & solidworks appear to not be communicating. Can anyone provide any assistance?
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hi, I'm trying to scale a ship (KVLCC2) by a ratio of 10. However, when I do this part of the ship gets lost. I've tried to knit all of the faces together to avoid this but it doesn't seem to help. Can someone help with this?
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
How do I remove this menu, I need to save the file, but I can't. Pls Help SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
I need to get 2d views with detailing of my 3d model. However, whenever I import a 3d item and attempt to dimension the drawing, the dimensions are nowhere to be seen. The program knows what dimension they are, it just seems to fail at displaying it. What is a fix to this?
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
I had a play with Blender this week. Bit of a steep learning curve (if you are only used to using CAD). Anyway imported some STL's from Solidworks and randomly pressed buttons. Result.......... well not perfect but it's OK I thought. SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Can Solidworks calculate the volume of a model? I would need the volume in order to convert it to weight of a metal. I would appreciate the procedure. Thank you, GD SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hi, We have been selected for Solidworks Entrepreneur Sponsorship, we have received the license keys and all from our regional reseller. My question is that can we use the Sponsored Entrepreneur Logo on our website and digital and print marketing material? This logo I am talking about. https://f6s-public.s3.amazonaws.com/profiles/1863683_original.jpg SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hi, I'm trying to make a part out of a surface for a KVLCC2 Hull. I'm trying to mirror the hull on the Top plane to create full hull. When I go to do this on Insert>Mirror Component, it's mirroring in a weird way and doesn't just mirror onto the other side. Does someone know how to fix this? SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
. See how long this will last. If you don't like it here, don't read. Why It Feels Like You Can't Breathe Inside Your Face Mask — and What to Do About It | Discover Magazine https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2020/09/if-you-dont-want-to-wear-a-mask-come-to-work-with-me.html SolidworksGeneral COVID
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
I uninstalled my windows and reinstalled a new copy. Now I can't deactivate the license on the solidworks installed earlier and hence can't activate it on the new copy of windows. How can I deactivate the license remotely so that I can activate the same on the new copy. SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
SOLIDWORKS - IIT Delhi Axlr8r Formula Racing Journey AXLR8R Formula Racing Team - IIT Delhi "The philosophy behind Axlr8r Formula Racing is that we believe it’s not about going faster it’s about getting smarter." Learn how AXLR8R Formula Racing Team beat the odds to become the first Indian team to pass all trials at Formula Student Germany with the help of SOLIDWORKS. SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
We now have a topical index for the roughly 15 hours of Youtube videos arranged categorically here: SolidWorks Webcast Topical Index — Spanner Product Development You can simply go to the topic that interests you and click the link to the right of the description and this will take you directly to the segment of the video episode for that topic. Enjoy Mark SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hello, I'm curious to know sometimes when modeling (I'm not sure if split line is causing is) but I have a multiple edge selection on one would think that is a single line. So when I highlight over it, its multiple parts. Is this fixable? As I am trying to use a variable size fillet along this edge and it will not work.
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Can someone tell me what happen to Solidworks Explorer? That program was nice for renaming drawings and parts so they stayed linked together. SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hello, I am having trouble exporting a solidworks part to a dxf file. An image of the part is shown below. Whenever I export the part to dxf, some of the lines are missing. An image of the dxf file is shown below.
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
I'm looking for a solid model if anyone has one. No internals needed. There was an old thread and I tried to contact the author but no response yet. I googled it, checked Grabcad and 3DContentcentral.
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
I have a very weird issue that had never happened before. When I go to : Tools - Equations in the menu, as soon as I click on it, everything in solidworks becomes greyed out and I can't do anything. The Equations window does not show either... Any idea how to fix this issue or why it is doing that? SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hello everyone, Is it possible to make as shown extension line style in Solidworks. Picture taken from Autocad. Thanks friend SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Hello, I am pretty new to soildworks and I've been trying to do this coiled tube, but I need it to have a different pitch at the end and at the beginning of the coiled because it is part of an assembly. I was wondering if you guys could help me out, because the variable pitch options are kind of overwhelming for a beginner. Thanks. SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Good day I was wondering if it was possible to do a search for assemblies or parts on PDM that have any problems or errors in them. This could prove useful if you wishes to have a flawless PDM experience. Has anybody ever done something like this on #task or marcos or API? SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Coworker of mine just tried to use the benchmark tool in Solidworks Rx to compare his new workstation to the old one, and it's not working. Benchmark starts, but doesn't open any models like it normally does, and "finishes" in about five minutes. It then doesn't give any results. Anyone seen this issue before, or have any idea how to fix it? SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Invalid (Inconsistent) License Key (-8,544,0). I get this error after buying Solidworks premium and I don't know what to do. SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Cannot get 'Markup' command to allow use of pen, etc; This is my screen, the only option available is the text option, I am sure the solution is simple, I just cannot find out to have the other options open to me. SolidworksGeneral
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago