Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
If anyone wants to download a FREE tool I built to extract files from our 2017 PDM Workgroup vault (maybe it will work with older vaults) just message me and I'll send you a link to download it. It's freeware and runs on Windows. Here is a screenshot of the user interface:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.0_jx, revision: 20181023165129.f60c7ba.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago
My previous place of employment I was able to check out assemblies from the vault and use the "save-all" function to save my changes. I had the vault setup so that only the files that were changed would be saved regardless of their age. For example any file would not be changed unless I had specifically changed it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
The Vault Tree view displays this strange icon and I do not know what it is. Does anyone know what the two "new folder" icons side by side means? The icons are different than my colleague's PDM view.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
We are all forced to change to Solidworks PDM Standard from Workgroup PDM. Solidworks PDM Standard operates with a database size limit of 10Gb for its SQL express database.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I know SolidWorks 2018 no longer supports PDM Workgroups. I have been running PDM Enterprise for some time now, but still have many historic files in the Workgroups vault. In SW 2018 is there a way I can access the inactive files left behind in PDM Workgroups ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
how can I convert a toolbox item into a part/assy? A faulty setting, caused all new items b created as toolbox items (wrong file referal).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
I'm trying to setup 2016 Workgroup PDM and 2016 Solidworks on a single machine. Did a clean install of both PDM and SW (SP 5.0)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
I've just spent alargeamount of time Copying PDF,DWG & "Paste as referance" unchecking "sHOW IN bom" to my solidworks drawings. I'm aware that PDM tasks are simialar to macros.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
SOLIDWORKS 2018 and later will not support SOLIDWORKS Workgroup PDM. Will you be migrating to EPDM? Are there any other good options?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
This post describes the method and tools by which I am migrating data from the Workgroups PDM to PDM Standard. I haven't found a discussion on the actual process so this is a conversation starter that will hopefully refine the process. The main challenge in the process is keeping the internal file links active as the files are migrated.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
Take Ownership Hotkey Take Ownership Hotkey
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
We are currently working on a open hardware project. We use Git for the software version control and sharing but concerning the hardware is not very clear ...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 months ago
Moving from Solidworks 2016 SP2 to 2017 SP2. I have a lot of assemblies with virtual parts in them. I did a "Convert Workgroup PDM Files" from the Solidworks Task Scheduler.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 months ago
After creating drawings our company creates a DXF & PDF file to be used for vender and suppliers. We use the Auto DXF & Auto PDF RMB option for their creation. We then “Paste as Reference” the files together so that they are linked.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 months ago
I've been producing reference drawings for our workshop, that reference 20 parts/assemblies per sheet. If the drawing is checked into our Workgroup vault, and I then go back and search for a different assembly that happens to use one of the parts called in on the reference drawing, ALL the parts from the reference drawing appear in the search results. This has got frustrating for my colleagues, as they search for a drawing that should just reference one part, and suddenly they get a screen full
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 months ago
We would like to add another column to our revision table showing the current revision of the model (in addition to showing the current revision of the drawing). See attached picture. Is there any way to link this column to the model revision so it updates automatically?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 months ago
We have a user who has a problem when checking in a revised file into the vault. The revised file is not overwriting the existing file in the vault but is checking it in as a copy. Jive Software Version: 2016.3.8.1, revision: 20171004112525.b7233dc.nomerge_2016.3.8.1
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 months ago
12 of 13 components showed as links under the H009-2005-030 assembly. 1 did not. Jive Software Version: 2016.3.8.1, revision: 20171004112525.b7233dc.nomerge_2016.3.8.1
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
With the exit of Workgroup PDM I need to convert to a windows file system "PDM". Are there any utilities to help with this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Hi everyone. I am fairly new to SolidWorks, but have used Creo since the 1990's. Our company has recently decided to favor SolidWorks, but we have Windchill as our PDM system. Saving drawings and models to Windchill with the Workgroup Manager seems fairly straightforward, however we need to save our company drawing formats to Windchill as well.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
We are a student engineering group that has used PDM workgroup for several years and for the most part it has worked very well. The PDM is on a server that we maintain and during the update to SW 2017 we ran into trouble. In the solidworks installer we selected the upgrade option as we have PDM 2016 SP2.0 installed already. It then gave Error_1.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
We are currently using Workgroup PDM at our company. Our workflow includes the use of the Workgroup API, which integrates our inventory system and manufacturing activities with design data from our vault. Some of the functionality we have created using Workgroup API includes:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
This may not be the correct space to post this issue, but I'm not sure where else to ask it. My company has both Solidworks (2009, 2010, 2011) and Pro/Engineer (Wildfire 2, 3, & 4) . We use Windchill as our PDM system for Pro/E, and have recently started using the Solidworks Workgroup Manager for Windchill to manage our Solidworks databases.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago