Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
It depends on what you want. If you just need another instance of the same part in your assembly, then do it in the assembly with the Mirror Components command. If you need a mirror image of an asymmetrical part, you can also do that in the assembly with the Mirror Components command. After selecting the mirror plane and the component to mirror, click on the blue arrow at the top right of the CommandManager and click on the icon beside "Create opposite hand version" near the bottom.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Need help with weldments. Hi i started using solidworks about 2 weeks ago and have been trying to build an offshore jacket using mainly weldments. However i just realised that instead of completely hollow columns (4 supporting legs), all the bracing are extending to the inside of the columns.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 months ago
I have a weldment in which I created an explode for one configuration. That explode affected all the other configurations as well. Even after deleting it, the other configurations are stuck in the exploded state. The only configuration that is unexploded is the one that I originally exploded.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
At which location imagery mirror should be to get the profile differences? Sorry Maha, that one is a bit difficult to understand. Are you after something like this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
I want to take a weldment part (part number 002) and insert it into another weldment part (part number 003). In part 003 weldment cut list table, I want part number 002 to show in the description column, not the descriptions of all the part 002 cut list items.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
weldment profile description I have created a custom weldment profile. When I go to do a cut list in the drawing the description area is left blank.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 months ago
The weldment tool is nice for frames, but sometime I just want a piece of tubing or some other structural profile. Is there a way to just use the library features outside of a weldment? I am currently using the weldment tool for these single elements and all it does is make my BOM look like crap. It would be awesome to have the length and end angles come along for the ride without the additional line in my BOM.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
I'm being asked to create a 3D dxf or dwg file based on a frame designed in SOLIDWORKS. Anyone doing this? What method do you recommend?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 months ago
Very simple (so far) weldment that I'm working with and after editing I get this error message: "could not get a curve and a point to place the plane". Not the first time I've seen this. In this case it would be easy to start over but it would be good to know what I'm doing to cause this. And how to fix.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
3d sketch of a square, table top. Inserted 2x2x1/4" wall square tubing. When locating the profile of one of the tubes to the correct position, others are wrongly positioned. How do I change one without changing the others?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
My idea is to put the rectangular weldment hooked to the right by the solid body and, hooked up by the pipe weldment. When choosing the Pierce point I can't choose the perfect position.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Coping/Weldment question I have a question for you guys... I'm drawing a hand rail for a set of stairs and I use the split method to cut short for coping.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Custom Cutlist from selected weldment bodies I'm trying to find a way to create weldment cutlists by means of selecting the bodies. When detailing the weldment we can create one detail that has similar bodies with the only dimensional change being one dimension...say OAL.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
I don't generally use the Weld Bead feature in Solidworks. Like most everyone else I simply just insert a Weld Symbol annotation. Unfortunately, we are launching a new product and I am trying to reduce the amount of trips to my office with questions regarding weld bead locations. I have found the feature to be brutally and pain stakingly slow.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
I was going through the weldments tutorial and encountered this problem. A couple of trims were to be performed earlier and I was successful.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 months ago
From the beginning SW had part file,assembly file and drawing file.Later (SW2004) we get possibility to have several bodies inside one file. But after this I think SW went wrong way:they made weldments which contains a lot of bugs up to now (SW2018): I found out that PTC Creo use usual assembly for weldments.In this case it is not necessary to make cut-list, their cut-list properties,derived parts with transfer of cut-list properties to file properties and so on.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
It locks all of the fields unless you unlock them. This also stops you from being able to link to the description field for each item under the weldment properties.. SW2018 SP0.1. this was not the case in SW2017 or earlier.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 months ago
change value solidworks weldments cutlist
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Warning while saving drawing. I create a weldment profile by modifying existing weldment profile. Now, while saving a drawing, it always shows a warning.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 months ago
I made some changes for the weldment part and the cut list item in feature tree was renamed as shown below. In the drawing it was showing the correct item number.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
SolidWorks Weldments Why the value of my total mass is 2210 gram which is way different than answer choices?!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
For convenience and keeping consistency when changing the profile if needed, I created a weldment profile with many different sizes' configurations. All works fine except when creating the Weldment Table in drawing, its showing same description for all parts. So how can I make it show the description of configuration, not of part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I have been using autocad since it came out solidworks new to me and very power-full but too many inconsistencies and undefined steps and sub steps. But i am learning the hard way and catching on and i like it! Re: weldments cut list
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
First time I have used a cut list in a weldment and for some reason the table will not work? Do I need to create a template? Have you updated the cut-list in the model?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 months ago