Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Weldment member size with design table Is there a way to drive the structural member size with a design table.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 years ago
I'm trying to learn more about cutlists to save time creating drawings of weldments. Is there any way to assign a custom property to a weldment profile file (.sldlfp) that would carry over to the part it's used in and be referenced on a cutlist? Are you saying change the properties that show up in the table for each cutlist item, or the .sldlfp used changing the properties of the actual part that it is used in?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 years ago
When I try and do a "Insert Mirror Part" in both SW2010 and SW2012 and "Break the Link" it gives me the following warning "The base part of feature(s): Part1_Mirrored contains features which cannot be recreated. No new features will be inserted." We have been using mirror bodies but the cosmetic threads do no mirror in SW2010.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 years ago
Is there a way to export weldment endcaps as a flat pattern or to at least be able to show the endcaps as a separate part in a drawing? , weldment_cutlists
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
When working with multi body parts in the weldment app, I'm taking control of the cut list name for any given group of items. Ie, renaming "Cut list item1" to -001. There are certain time, unpredictable to me at this point, I will lose the assignment of a given item. Behind the scenes, for some unkown reason, it will rename an item from say -015 to Cut List Item25.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I was wondering if anybody works with round tubular structural members that need to be detailed. 3D SKELETON SKETCH WITH ARBITRARY ANGLES (NOT PARALLEL TO DEFAULT PLANES).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
add this to the special features Batch File Open and Save (Update Document Properties).zip (11.0 K)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
weldments creator download Jive Software Version: 2016.3.6.0, revision: 20170209151852.c6d8942.nomerge_2016.3.6
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
welments cutlist How do I add bulk to cutlist file properties welment SLDLFP...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
weldment te yaptığım çelik konstrüksiyonun parçalarına otomatik isim nasıl verebilirim. mesela 50 tane plaka var bir tanesine PL1 yazınca diğerlerinidePL2.PL3 diye sıralasın istiyorum
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I'm working on getting my library of steel and aluminum tube shapes up to snuf, ie. filling out the many smaller size tubes that are not included in the standard libraries. I know about creating new profiles as individual parts and that a 3D Content Central user was incredibly giving and created a 100+ part library of the tube sections... but... I really don't relish having to download all those individual files.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I have been setting the document properties-units in the drawing to control the table, but that affects all dimensions, too. Having the table on the same document as the "As Machined" configuration means the "As Machined" dimension values are not at "default" precision. It works, but setting the table precision would be better . . .
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
weldments profile to add a custom property mass weldments special characteristics of the profile to add mass
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
these two private property as the bulk of the features of the private write a macro that does the same? weldments profile file of the custom properties of a bulk-changing macro makes?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
solidworks forum weldments cutlist plate No weight Jive Software Version: 2016.3.6.0, revision: 20170209151852.c6d8942.nomerge_2016.3.6
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
plate No weight macro Jive Software Version: 2016.3.6.0, revision: 20170209151852.c6d8942.nomerge_2016.3.6
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
No weight plates cut list plate weights automatically to the cut list
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
Weldment Configuration Is there a way i can configure a weldment to different sizes without maually configuring the dimetions. For example I want to change from using a 1 1/2" sch40 pipe to a 2" sch40 pipe.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
How to automatically every time I enter manually Jive Software Version: 2016.3.6.0, revision: 20170209151852.c6d8942.nomerge_2016.3.6
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
AutoStruct download Jive Software Version: 2016.3.6.0, revision: 20170209151852.c6d8942.nomerge_2016.3.6
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I have two problems in SW-2013 (SP4.0) weldments that I did not have in previous version: Problem-1: I created sub-weldments from a main (let's call it a "parent weldment"). These sub weldments are then "Inserted in to new parts" and a new SW-file name is given.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I'm having trouble trimming a straight run of angle to a radial section of angle (see attached picture). I get a "zero thickness geometry" error. I've tried both trimming to bodies and to faces with the same result. Can someone please help me out.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I design tanks and piping using SW Welding. f ex. after i create tank i put inside part flange or elbow from library Recent i was working on SW2012.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago
I would like to draw a spiral staircase with a central stringer. But I would like the central stringer is made of rectangular tube.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 years ago