Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
Graphics View Glitch As I move my mouse over the part every edge is selected that the mouse crosses, either showing as hidden or solid thick line. This selection of edges remains if I rotate the part but will disappear if I zoom in or out or rebuild.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
On pressing spacebar the orientation cube comes up (SW2019) bit the 'Orientation' toolbar that comes with it has disappeared - Is there a way to reset / find that toolbar without resetting everything? This was a problem for me in 2018 as well - A new computer and new SW installation fixed it that time but I dont really want to to a full interface reset. I am specifically want to changing the front view on an item but without this I cant do it - the command does not seem to come up in the Command
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
2019 face selection issue Is anyone else having an issue with selecting faces in 2019? Sometimes when we select a face there is no highlight until we roll the mouse wheel.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Hello, I am considering to buy a laptop with a 4K screen (e.g. Yoga 920 14"). Have those issues related to 4K scaling been resolved? I have just tried 2018 SP4.0 on one of our 4k monitors in the office, and whilst it is still more functional than any version before.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Tags:none(add)consistently inconsistent Content tagged with consistently inconsistent
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I use the Property Tab and Property Tab Builder. I am trying to modify my PTB template to use either a check box or a radio button to control whether additional properties are included or not. This is straight forward and is working - check the box and the extra properties show in the tab and get added to the custom properties as expected.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I agree. This new "function" is more of a nuisance. I guess that's the kind of improvement we can expect when they can't be arsed to fix the real bugs and problem areas. Oh, and thank you guys for the new color scheme of the UI.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I'm a student looking to get a 3D mouse. All of the new 3dconnexion gear is out of my budget so I was looking at buying a used Spacepilot (not pro) on eBay. I know that it is no longer officially supported, but I was wondering if anyone had gotten the Spacepilot to work with the latest Solidworks release (I'm using 2017-2018 Education Edition).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
Exit sketch 2018 mouse gestures My settings work to start a new sketch, save changes and close a sketch, or edit a sketch if one is selected. Yours seems to be opening the Sketch toolbar.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
From Nvidia we know the default settings. Also it's Easy to use because SOLIDWORKS has his own entry in the Nvidia settings. ,display driver
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
I am looking at getting a couple of 4k screens principally for use with SW. I have a 15" 4k laptop as a travel machine and am very happy with 4k scaling even at that physical size in SW 2019. I would like to hear from users who are very satisfied with their 4k screens for SW in the 27/28" range and would be happy to make a recommendation.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
I'm looking for a new monitor for my workstation and have been warned about the issues with 4k monitors, so will avoid them. However, some of the options I'm looking at are QHD/WQHD(2,560 x 1,440), and can't find much info on these. Do they also have issues like the 4k monitors? Am I best to stick with a 1080p resolution?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago
Solidworks 2018 edit dimension delays adding dimensions in sketching.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago
I was able to create a mouse gesture to insert an existing file, but i was wondering if there was a way to map it to a specific folder in the vault (in this case for inserting hardware)? Re: CREATING A MOUSE GESTURE INSERT COMMAND TO SPECIFIC FOLDER
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
I am not really that upset that SW moved a bunch of stuff I don't use from the task pane to a different window ...that I also wont use. ,tiny house
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
on 2006 28 10:46 Paul Salvador wrote: > I have written to SW directly about this problem and also filled out a complaint and
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Just trying to diagnose this a bit... if you unmaximize your SolidWorks window, or resize the SolidWorks window by dragging the window edge, does it fix the issues? You could also try dragging one of the CommandMgr tabs to force the toolbar to undock itself. Once it is undocked, you can double-click its titlebar to redock it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Re: Dual Monitors & Design Tree -Position the solidworks on the right screen fully dragging the window boundries to the top, bottom, and right. Drag the left window boundry off the left of the main monitor and far enough along to get the feature tree fully on the left window.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Command Manager gone Hi, don't know how I did this, but I lost my command Manager today. I checked recent discussions on similar, but it seems my problem is different.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Whenever I create a new view from the View Heads-Up Toolbar, it changes my new saved view into the perspective mode. This is very frustrating when working with drawing documents. Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Tags:none(add)solidworks 2018 Content tagged with solidworks 2018
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Problem: under running Solid Works session,"open new document" command turns inactive. Occasionally and sporadically, after establishing about one to three new documents. Ctrl+N or File Menu option "New" or taskbar new icon,all totally dead, no response of any kind. Regardless of what type of new doc (part, assy or dwg) was last created you still had luck enough.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I don't know why it may have stopped but "spacebar" is listed as a keyboard shortcut for "orientation". You should be able to add it back in by resetting it thru the customization settings. Most probably you've moved theviewport window outside the screen and can not see it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Interface I won't be surprised if this already exist as a topic but I wanted to mention how cool it will be to have the properties of sketches and features pop up near the cursor as the Shortcut Bars do. With bigger screens, mouse travel to the right of the screen is getting harder. Also, it feels like my attention on the model gets compromised when turning my head away from it to go and do the input to the side of the screen.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago