Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
I want to create a spring sweep. Its spring pitch is valiable. so I use variable-pitch HelixCurve.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
In a part with a long design tree, it's quite tedious to have to scroll up the top of the tree every time I want to start a sketch on the three basic planes or select a body from the folders. I'm hoping there is a way to keep the body folders and F/T/R planes visible no matter where the rest of the tree has scrolled to. Thoughts?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I clicked on something and my command manager disappeared from the tool bar. How do I get it back? I have tried right clicking on the toolbar, and then command manager.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I am having an odd issue we just upgraded from 2012 to 2018. Now every time I try to save as a part and change its name, when its referenced anywhere else, solid-works crashes. This is a big problem for me as a lot of my job is renaming standard parts and having to close everything to use the rename tool in Windows is a serious hassle as some of our assemblies are very large several thousand components large. This was not a problem in 2012!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I'm using SW 2018 SP3 and have a UHD screen (3200 x 1800). Unfortunately after upgrading (from 2017 to 2018), it seems the measure tool font is much too large (see attachment). I noticed that font sizing in the measure tool was something changed in 2018, but even with the smallest font allowable, it's still too large. Any way to fix this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Custom View Is it possible to move custom view?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
It seems like I randomly need to reload favorites to my Hole Wizard, especially when I create a new part. Simply picking the desired favorite from the drop down list doesn't always set the hole size and countersink correctly. Am I doing something wrong? I only have about 30 different holes that I use the Hole Wizard for and it would be nice to not have to double check them all the time.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I'm a student looking to get a 3D mouse. All of the new 3dconnexion gear is out of my budget so I was looking at buying a used Spacepilot (not pro) on eBay. I know that it is no longer officially supported, but I was wondering if anyone had gotten the Spacepilot to work with the latest Solidworks release (I'm using 2017-2018 Education Edition).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Hello, I am considering to buy a laptop with a 4K screen (e.g. Yoga 920 14"). Have those issues related to 4K scaling been resolved? Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.0_jx, revision: 20180724135632.8bf5078.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Auto Show Property Manager "auto uncheck?" Why is it that Solidworks will randomly turn settings off on its own?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
The title says it all. Sometimes I import dozens dxf files of circuit boards to new parts as sketches and the 2D to 3D toolbar keeps popping open in the view port every time. Not a big problem, but it is annoying. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
Screen shot shows how the commands keep repeating. How can I fix this without resetting my menu???
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
Good Afternoon All, Pretty simple issue here. We upgraded to Solidworks Premium 2015 SP04 yesterday and now my tooltips will not show up.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
My mouse zoom stops working unless I hold down the control key. This starting happening this morning. I can get about one zoom out of the mouse before it gives up. Everything else works fine, and zoom works normally if I hold down the control key.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
So this has been bugging me for a long time. When I apply a white appearance (High/Medium/Low Gloss/Satin Plastic) to a part the appearance only seems to get a white highlight on it. I have to change or re-apply the scene in order to get the white appearance to show up. Has anyone else noticed this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
Hi Everyone, As you probably know, the ESC key is supposed to work like "cancel" or "close" when you are in a command, dialog, PropertyManager, etc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
Sometimes the SW2016 window expands to full screen and temporarily covers the start button and tray icons. This is very annoying because it prevents me from checking email or doing other non-SW things. When SW is finished with the current operation (usually saving or closing files) the window returns to normal size making the tray icons available again.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Graphical Glitch The issue I am having is whenever I click in the workspace the user interface breaks and displays part of the command manager and the feature manager, which stays on the screen for a few seconds then leaves once I move my mouse out of the workspace to certain portions of the screen, or click outside of the workspace. Multiple clicks will produce this error again in one of those classic dragging windows situations.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
How can I add CTRL+Q as a toolbar button? Welcome to SOLIDWORKS forums Rick.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I just watched a video on using the "Instant 3D" feature. I replayed 7 times. Mine is not working as the 2011 video shows. I also searched out the SW Help pages.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
The asterisks key can be used to expand everything in the feature tree. We use folders and it would be handy to have one key to expand all the folders to see what is in them. Is there a key that will do this? If nothing else is there an api command that will expand a folder.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Display Pane I just added the word "Display Pane" into the SW Help search bar because I want to see an example of that a "Display pane" is and where to find it. I didn't get nothing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Having an issue with 2017-2018 Solidworks student version crashing on the splash screen. What's also noteably odd is that the same splash screen picture is appearing each time instead of the normal cycling through the various images.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have been using this Solidworks version during two years without a problem until today, when it begins to crash on startup (just when it is "loading task panes"). I don't really know why Solidworks is crashing. I didn't do any change in my computer neither SolidWorks config.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago