Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
toolbox version problems I have Solidworks version 2018 and installed 2019 to try it out before jumping in full time. But now hole wizard will not work in 2018.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Update Solidworks installation from 2018 to 2019, before the update i copied the toolbox folder from network to my machine, them i specified the path of toolbox during installation, and updated without errors or warnings. Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
This is an issue I have constantly and am looking for ways to fix it. If I use Toolbox parts in an assembly, and then later move the assembly to another folder or use pack-and-go, often the sizes of those parts will magically change, forcing me to remove them all and replace them. I know I can save the toolbox part under a new name somewhere then use sldsetdocprop to remove the toolbox link, but there must be a simpler, quicker way to do this. I don't mind keeping the link to the toolbox, just
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
changing smartfasteners direction I've got a design that I'm using smart fasteners in the assembly. Is there anyway to change the direction or orientation of the fasteners?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
lost metric socket head screw Deepak GuptaNov 3, 2018 5:33 AM(in response to Muhammad Tarmimi Mustafa) Muhammad Tarmimi MustafaNov 3, 2018 5:39 AM(in response to Deepak Gupta) Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.0_jx, revision: 20181023165129.f60c7ba.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 days ago
Toolbox models graphics quality Does the toolbox models come with a standard level of graphics quality set and if so what is it? I was doing some digging today and found that a bunch of our toolbox models have their settings set rather high.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
I am new to Toolbox settings and attempting to edit my Toolbox configuration to change which standards are selected. I have tried the following with or without SolidWorks running. Tools>Options>System Options>Hole Wizard/Toolbox>Configure (or "Toolbox Settings" from the Start Menu under SolidWorks 2010)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
I copy old toolbox to new location before 2019 install and selected new location while installing 2019. I setup toolbox to create parts instead of config. So I have a folder with toolbox parts that are read only.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
Would someone share with me their companies customized tool box data that has normally unused fasteners removed and other common changes like different material options? Re: Tool Box Data, normal un-used fasteners removed.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
28 days ago
It looks like you have something trying to drive the value ofMinor_dia@BodySketo 0.000mm. As you can see in the images below, the value is shown as 6.6190mm in the graphics area but when you double-click the dimension to edit it, the value shown is actually 0.0000mm. A line can't have zero length so the system is throwing an error. In the third image below, I've added a new dimension controlling the line length defined byMinor_dia@BodySkedimension and then deleted theMinor_dia@BodySkedimension
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.1_jx, revision: 20180814200645.7fbf90c.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
The issue is that I don't even manage to open the gear in order to edit it in a way I can edit (I am not sure if it is possible at all, for parts generated by the toolbox), as when I try it a receive a message like "The document xyz is available only for reading and it is not accessible for writing. You need writing access to be able to execute it." (poorly translated from Portuguese). Then, if I do manage to get this permission, am I being able to make what I want?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.1_jx, revision: 20180814200645.7fbf90c.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Also is there a way to move the order around. Seems like this should be a simple thing to do but for the life of me I can't figure it out. For instance if I wanted "Hex Finish Bolt" to be first rather than last.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I am unable to configure toolbox setup in Solidworks 2017. I can only click on option 1,hole wizard and and do selections. I cannot click on options 2 to 5, so unable to setup the toolbox. I can't use the toolbox in Solidworks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I'm attempting to work with our existing toolbox. I'm experimenting with an off line ToolBox. I changed a few things and plopped down a BOM. The first thing I noticed was that there was no "Description" property.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Replacing entire ToolBox I would like to create, modify, test etc etc a toolbox on a standalone system without changing anything on the Toolbox that is being used by all the other users. In essence I want to start with a new toolbox, clean it up, modify it and make sure we are happy with the results and then replace the existing one with the new one.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Hi, I tried to add a custom part to Tool Box. I want to assign a part no for that. But I don't know where to add part no in tool box.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Cannot find Standards database If I knew the name of the file I could find it and tell System Options the file location.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Hi, I tried to delete one of the option in Tool box standard components Property. But I don't know how to do that. I want to remove the highlighted option.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I have a very strange problem with my toolbox, the Philips head cross on the bolt heads are not centred, and not mirrored properly across all the bolts in the toolbox. I have reinstalled and repaired the solidworks installation many times and still get the same result. Would love to get any suggestions for this strange behaviour
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Why is this happening? Is there a workaround? What shoul I look for in the Solidworks files?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
TOOLBOX missing I am now using Solidwork 2017 SP1 x64, and I have some troubles with my toolbox, its emptypastedImage_1.png
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
toolbox version I have a problem, I load solidwork 2018 yesterday but my toolbox dont fix anymore, I have a error when I would like to usedrilling stuff
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago