Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Forming Shoulders Is there a good way to create Forming Shoulder using SolidWorks? See link below for description of the design of Forming Shoulders.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I downloaded the SW World 2017 presentation "Curve and Surface Modeling" by Mark Biasotti and in it there are points where you can press a button to open an example relating to the point he is making. When I click on them I get an error "Could not open file" I assume it is because they did not down load with the PDF. I emailed Mark and he has graciously offered to upload them here. I have attached the presentation and I'll wait for Mark's reply.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
So what I've been trying to do is to have my RC fuselage to have a thin/hollow inside the fuselage feature so that I can start working on the other interior design part of the fuselage and also to save some weight issue. I managed to get the loft with thin/hollow feature in the design but when I tried to close the front and back of the hole with filled surface, I couldn't get it to completely cover the surface due to the thin feature extra padding going outward. I do wish I could do the thin
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
GeometryWorks3D Has anyone used this software in SW? If so how is it different from SW Surfacing that comes with the Premium account?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Following on fron the original Xnurbs thread - I thought I was perhaps being a bit unfair in not properly reviewing what this offers. The other thread got a bit out of hand so I decided to install it (on SolidWorks 2018 SP0.1) and run it through a couple of typical types of jobs we do -and where we have had issues with SolidWorks own surfacing commands. One of the problems with the way the XNurbs guys presented the other thread was to show it as a glorified Fill Surface tool working on complex
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
..they are pretty simple, why not remodel them?... (attached) Re: How to edit an STL file formed by surfaces?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
I am working as an apprentice mold maker, and am trying to generate a solid to use as a template for the electrode on my sinker. To do this, I want to use the model I received from the customer, select the relevant surfaces, offset them by the orbit amount, then construct a solid with the offset surfaces that I can then use to generate toolpaths on the mill. I'll explain the workflow as best I can along with the questions I have below.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
I’m really struggling with a lofted part I am designing and am hoping someone can help ..the method I have used to build it thus far is rather messy owing to endless fiddling to get things to work – see attached - I'm learning.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
Loft glider nose I'm trying to loft the nose of a glider. I have the fuselage cross section and I'm trying to loft to a rounded point.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I am a new person in surfacing, I am confused to change a car's surface body to a solid part. I have tried using the knit feature, thick feature, and cut with surface. I have also explored YouTube to find a solution. But not resolved.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
John Stoltzfus: View sketch relations has been around for a while. At least since 2014, I am pretty sure. Anand J.: When you select the line or point int he relations manager, it should highlight it in the graphics window.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
For surface modelling, offset surface contunuity (outer surface), do we have any restrictions or guide lines to follow? Not that I'm a guru at surfacing by any stretch of imagination but I think you should turn off lines and just use shaded view and then just try using a different colour on it. This will soon show you where there might be non-conforming or non-continuous curvature.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
what would be the best way to go about creating a surfaced feature, & then blending or converting that to a solid Dwight LivingstonApr 17, 2012 11:25 AM(in response to Dwight Livingston) Or, should you somehow create a closed and knit surface body, you can use a Delete Face with a Delete and Fill to create the soild body.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Update: Full article describing this challenge can be read here:https://www.engineersrule.com/impossiblemodeling-challenges-part-4-reverse-engineering-surfacing-direct-editing/ 1. Download the attached fileEyeglasses-start.x_t
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.1_jx, revision: 20180814200645.7fbf90c.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Boundary surface error im try to make boundary surface step by step like in the video2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon – SolidWorks Tutorial (Part 3) - YouTube
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Tangent relation between surface spline and sketched spline. Tangent symbol should display in sketch as well as the surface. have you got 'enable spline tangency and curvature handles' checked in system options?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Can anyone share your experience on the topic of do's and dont's for surface modelling in solidworks Datums are free. Aside from an extra line on your feature tree, they don't cost anything in regeneration time.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Greetings everyone! Let me preface this by saying I'm not sure the Industrial Design term for this type of blend, pictured below on a game controller. The detail of interest is the blend or fillet near the sculpted area that completely fades out into the rest of the shape. I see this frequently on ergonomic designs.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I ve been working with SW for about a year but I've been doing CAD for about 10. My previous experience was with Rhino and MOI, along with other 3D non-CAD modelers Not really sure if this is the right place to do so but here is my first take on a fairly complex surfacing model since I'm really fascinated with StarWars,SolidWorks, and its surfacing capabilities in general.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
As you can see on the picture, when i select an edge in the chamfer function, it cuts through all depth, not just the desired distance. Works fine with fillet function. This keeps driving me mad.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I am working on surface modelling, where i used loft surface using composite curve as one selection. Then i did knit. Then i wanted to offset the entire surface and knit it.. In this time iam unable to knit..
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
When you select a surface on a model, the feature is being highlighted in the tree but not when you select a sketch. This for me is a pain because it ends up taking me a long time to find the sketch. Not sure this is the best way, but right click on the sketch and it should show you the sketch name then do a search on the feature tree manager?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
The only thing I can find is the info when you hover over it. "Enable this setting when creating lofts between very small areas of geometry" Rubén Rodolfo BalderramaSep 13, 2018 1:54 PM(in response to Alin Vargatu) Ingvar MagnussonSep 13, 2018 1:56 PM(in response to Rubén Rodolfo Balderrama) Re: Loft Property Manager - Micro Tolerance option
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago