Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Creating complex surface Hello everyone! I need an advice on how to create one particularly complex surface, what method to use, maybe some guides to watch.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
In this video to repair a surface, part file is converted into STEP file then again into part file. What is happening behind the scenes? question is not clear.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I'd like to create a clean surface transition between a small and larger cylinder that are tangent to each other. The fillet options currently result in a choppy/pinched geometry that I do not know how to resolve. I'm assuming surfacing will need to be involved, though I'm not sure how to tackle it. Any takers?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
Have already worked further with my model, and have realized that still need another guideline in my existing boundary surface. If I cancel the boundary surface option to add another sketch for guideline, I will lose all the sketches that have relation to the boundary surface. Is there any way how to make it less painful?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
Hello SOLIDWORKS Power-Users and welcome to the 16th SWPUC. For 5,000 points and eternal glory proposed the best, most elegant technique for unknitting a surface body in its individual faces.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
Buenos dias, soy nuevo en el foro, espero me puedan apoyar, para un proyecto escolar requiero modelar una suela de zapato deportivo, y al parecer se requiere un poco de modelado avanzado de superficies, quisiera saber si alguien tiene experiencia en esto, que me pudiera apoyar con algún tutorial, alguna asesoría online o incluso con algún curso económico. en realidad lo que se me complica son las geometrías incrustadas dentro de la geometría o superficie generalInkedIMG_20180618_094654_LI.jpg
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
Knit surface problem???
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have the next curved surface. It is a curved metal sheel with some holes designed as a surface with thickness. I want to obtain the 2D deployment to be cutted by laser.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Rhino 3D had capability to create complex models with complex surface transitions (free form model) without any plugin. What about SolidWorks. I like SolidWorks because of its parameteric feature while Rhino isn't parameteric.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
faulty faces I have a problem with missing surfaces. I've opened stp. model and there were faulty faces, I tried to heal the faces automaticlly but some of them are still missing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Surface mirror line When I mirror the surface knit (7) this line (see attachment) shows up.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Need help with surface fillet Is there a way so I can fillet this corner (see attachment)?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
For a friend I'm making a mold for this fishing lure. It has been 3d scanned and recreated in solidworks. The scales however are proving to be a problem. I was able to get this done outside of solidworks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I am working on splitting a complicated corebox and used a ruled surface and a boundary surface on a corner but the surfaces are generating off the corner. In this picture the corner of the solid was picked for both the edge of the ruled surface and the edge of the boundary surface and both ended up off the corner buy about .030"
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything? Does anyone else have a need for this? I often want to make a 'surface box' but haven't a nice way in a single feature.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
This Boundary Surface gives Direction 2 error. How to fix it? I can't open your files because you are using a newer version than I, but whenever I had this issue in surfacing it has been because the projected curves do not correctly meet.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I recently discovered a major problem with my SW 2016 SP3, when I noticed rebuild errors through out my entire toolbox library. All parts came out wrong, because the equations driving them didn't update. I tried to re-write some of the equations, but every single time, it gave me "The syntax of this equation is incorrect" message, though nothing is actually wrong with them. Investigating this further, I found that this was the fact with every equation in every part on my computer (check out the
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
The last two days I have bin struggeling to get solidworks to make filled surfaces. Whatever i do it says: please select edges for blending. If i just sketch an elipse or a circle and want to make a surface it won't give me a preview or anything.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Is there a way to combine faces of a imported solid so I can use the freeform command. It doesn't matter if it is a solid or a surface I just need to combine them so I can use the freeform command. The source object is a 3d scan, cleaned and saved as a parasolid.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
In this example knit surfaces option in Mirror is producing error result, while Surface-Knit tool is giving correct result. What is the reason for that? If you turn on VOR your Surface-Knit1 fails.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Sometimes thicken feature with option and sometimes without option. What does determine this? The first screenshot is because you have a multi-body part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Sometimes thicken feature with option and sometimes without option. What does determine this? Jive Software Version: 2016.3.10.0, revision: 20180416115013.f4cb191.release_2016.3.10
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
It is explained that Merge entities means merge faces with the same underlying geometry. Face has been createdwith the base of the underlying geometry. What is the purpose of merging it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Hi is there a way to change the dimension color in a sketch in a part (not in a drawing with layers - I know how to do that)? It is hard to see what is the sketched lines when the dimension lines look so much like it:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago