Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
In the left treeview you have the solidworks files and subfolder like in windows explorer. if you select a file in the left treeview it will show you in the right treeview in wich files it's used (Every time you selec a node in the right treeview it will show the parent file)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
Can anyone tell why I see only 'sw' icons at the files in the PDM explorer instead of the yellow blocks and drawing icons? a few days ago it happen the same thing to me. I've got some computer with the goods icon and other with this SW cube.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I've been looking to increase my usage of SolidWorks Explorer, but from years of using the Windows key+E to open Windows Explorer, I've developed the habit of using Windows Explorer too much for SolidWorks files and have missed out on the benefits SolidWorks Explorer offers. So I wrote a utility that starts either SolidWorks Explorer or Windows Explorer using the keyboard shortcut: Windows+E.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
,windows_explorer Content tagged with windows_explorer
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
SolidWorks Explorer search When your inside explorer and you click rename and it tries to search your whole hard drive for where its used. There should be an option to search whole hard-drive or just the folder your in.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
Maintaining relationships when copying files Greetings, my apologies if this is not the correct section for this question.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 months ago
I know that SW Explorer in SW2011 SP4.0 will allow files to be moved without losing association with other files, but it appears that only one file can be moved at a time. Does anyone know of a way of moving multiple files at once?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 months ago
I've added a folder on a File Server to the list ofSearch Foldersof Solidworks Explorer 2018. (Options - Search - Search Folders) But when I search for a specific file, SW Explorer shows me aNo results foundmessage.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 months ago
While I used to get thumbnails going through SolidWorks Explorer, now it seems I just get a description of what type of file I'm looking at. I wondering if a setting has changed or something.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 months ago
Explorer opens in Desktop but I want it to open in a different directory. How do I change the startup directory? Someone earlier said to just have a favorites folder on the desktop with the directories in it but this does NOT answer the question.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
I recently decided to give SW explorer a try. I am testing its features and have noticed that it never finds any of the files that I search for. I am pretty sure that the reason is that it is searching the wrong directory. But when I change the directory (Options->search->add new folder) I find that there are some "default" directories that keep overriding my new directory.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
timed password protected read-only files Is there any option on SolidWorks that allows me to attribute a password to the file with a timer?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Is there a way to search in SW Explorer for files for a specific hole feature? Say I have an M12 hole, but I left the default M12x1.75 instead of M12x1.25.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Trying to install explorer I keep getting this message,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
I am working on solidworks standard 2015 and we have a little problem. I have an assembly with many standard parts (as screws, bearing etc.) and solidworks is an unable to locate them now.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
how do you download and installsolidworks 2017?? SolidWorks sends a diskette for installing SolidWorks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Solidworks explorer search returns very few results comparing to Windows Explorer. Why ? Tags: none (add) solidworks explorer
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
EPDM: duplicated number error I have a model which I have not checked in for a week. I kept working on the model last week and I tried to check in yesterday.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
Is it possible to add a column to SolidWorks explorer from "Properties" like "Description" in order to search that field? The interface in SolidWorks Explorer is not as maliable as Windows Explorer. You can only show or hide the columns that are already available in the interface (Name, Size, Type, Date Modified, Attributes, Full path).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
When I use Pack & Go to copy a drawing and related files, some of the copied files are saved in folders other than the folders I specified in the P&G window. Does anybody else experience this? Along with the drawing, I am taking 2 top level assy's and several sub-assy's related to one of the top level assy's.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 year ago
There's columns like name, size type etc... is it possible to add more columns here? Like description? And can the SW Explorer be used individually? I mean in computer which has not SW installed?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 years ago
Issue with opening Solidworks files from Solidworks explorer I have two CAD machines that have both SW 2016 and SW Explorer 2016.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 years ago
I use solidworks explorer. Unfortunately, I noticed when I turn on the program, he's trying to send a hidden message, using my email program.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 years ago
I'm the drawing manager here at our facility, and I have a solidworks vault user that cannot take ownership of the drawing files in the vault. I've checked everything that I know to check (he's in the right group, checkout folder location set up), and he still can't take ownership. What am I missing?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 years ago