YouTube Videos John and I have decided to create one place for people to learn about SOLIDWORKS CAM and answers to questions we get frequently. We will be adding more overtime.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 hours ago
I'm a user of PowerMill, and I'm trying to use SolidWorks CAM. SolidWorks CAM has different concep with PowerMill, so I'm little bit confused. I tried to make finishing tool-paths for the smooth curved surfaces, but I didn't know how to do.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
2019 ROUTING BROKEN? Both of our computers running 2019 are having consistent issues that are causing pipe routing to take 5x longer than it normally would. First off, after adding flanges and starting a new spool, it changes the pipe schedule to SCH 20.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
Hi all, was hoping someone could help solve this issue with the resolution on the detailed cabling window in SWE. I've looked around for answers but nothing yet. Any help is appreciated. I've attached a screen shot.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
manufacturer Maybe I am not understanding your question correctly. But a "symbol" does not hold the MFG data. That is pulled from the MFG part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
Solidworks Electrical weird routing results I have been testing Solidworks Electrical for a while now and made ~80% of first project - made most of the electrical schematics (2D). Because of setbacks with 3D Electrical which I explained in posthttps://forum.solidworks.com/thread/210094I couldn’t make any progress with 3D.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
I am looking to install solidworks cam 2019 SP0. Are there any precautions I should take. Should I do a seperate install keeping 2018 and 2019 seperate?.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I'm working in pdm professional, & we have a need to do some Fea on some components. The pdm isn't at the present set up to deal with the CRW files. I'm wondering is there a way to do the analysis within the realm of the pdm, & save the crw's somewhere to our network. It seems that a crw was created but left in private state because there's no workflow for that type of file set up.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am an instructor trying to integrate Solidworks CAM into my student-shop "workflow". We have several inexpensive, benchtop, CNC, imported mills. They're beefier than a Shapeoko, by far, but still pretty flexible. The axes are driven by steppers with a TinyG controller.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Whenever I render something that has inner shadow - see attached picture for example, I get this grainy look and the shadow becomes really bad. I improved the render quality from "best" to "maximum" and also improved image quality on settings to high. but still struggling with this issue.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
HYPER PASSING CIRCUITS Anyone have any tips or trick on using hyper passing circuits? I have a filtered terminal block that is shown on two pages.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have followed many tutorials about how to route electrical harnesses on SW 3D and have created the routes and flattened them with annotations and lengths in the BOM tables. I have also exported these to a drawing in SWE which is very nice. The one very important thing that doesn't seem to work is the lengths being updated in the report in SWE. Most of the tutorials showed this just magically happening once they returned to SWE from 3D.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Grille rendering Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Tags:none(add)postprocessor Content tagged with postprocessor
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I recently added a simple decal to the top of a switch which is now part my companies part library. To save having an extra file/image in with the components & running the risk of it getting lost or deleted, I made the decal self-contained within the part (by ticking the option in the Document Properties > Model Display) The only issue I have now is that the decal isn’t appearing when I render the part in Photoview 360.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I am trying to install the 3DXpert for Solidworks ADD IN. When prompted to register my Solidworks to generate an activation code I get the message invalid serial number. i have confirmed serial number to be correct with University provider. Any ideas why this may be happening?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
SolidWorks Electrical: Hidden Attributes We seem to be having an issue where some 2D Layout symbols show up with the attributes hidden on the symbol and they manually have to be unhidden. But for other symbols they work fine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I am trying to create a connection with two ferrules and a gasket between them. We use a sanitary clamp to secure the tubing. I can insert one ferrule and a gasket, but I am having trouble with inserting the second ferrule. When the second ferrule is inserted, It snaps incorrectly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Have been using the Enovia based "SW 3D Experience - Conceptual Designer" for the past month or so and absolutely hate it so far. Filled with bugs and crashes, network errors and update lags. User interface is a nightmare.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Does anybody know if it is possible to create a "PDF" file of a detail drawing (slddrw) using a stand alone VB.Net application? I have SolidWorks installed but want, as a test, to create the PDF file even if SolidWorks is open or not. If not, I don't want the application to open SolidWorks but run completely separately.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Just upgraded to Solidworks 2019 from 2018, and since the upgrade, Inspection Addin isn't properly capturing dimensions based on circular features, such as Radius, Diameter, Thru Hole, and Thread Callouts. This does not appear to be happening on dimensions based on Linear features. It also seems limited to when the features are some of the first features selected for inspection. In the attached screenshot, Inspection dimension ID#1 is registering as a "HoleCallout", instead of as a "Dimension".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Creating cables between different symbol types? We can create and detail cables between line-diagram symbols. awesome.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Could Solidwork Electrical 2D schematic present that some wires splited from one bundle cable and then connect to different terminal? As below picture. I do this by just using Origin Destination Arrows for each connection, then draw a thicker line with the Draw command between those points.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago