Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Changed global variable defined sketch doesn't update second converted sketch In a new Solidworks part, I create a 2D sketch on the front plane of the outline profile of a bottle. All the key dimensions of this shape are made referencing a single global variable (A).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
When I want to add a cotation to something (line,circle,etc) it dosn't show up the little drawing of the cotations (with the arrows) and when I click the Left mouse button I can add a mesure but it dosen't show up. then Solidworks always display the cotation tool under the mouse no matter what tool i use. I suspect the problem is with your graphics card. SeeWhy am I getting weird graphics issues?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 hours ago
I am trying to get a 3d profile of 2 2d sketches in perpendicular planes. Hopefully the pictures help illustrate my point2D-Sketches.PNGPlane Intersection.PNGExample.PNG In 3d sketch, there is a command intersection curve, see below captureca.PNG
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Worm Gear I am looking for a goodexample of a specific worm gear that i can deliver to a manufactor, i can't find it. It's a gear that i found on the internetlink,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I'm just loving the trim entities enhancements in SOLIDWORKS 2019. Have you tried the following two new options? If yes please share your thoughts.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I import files from DXF into Solidworks and some of these files have a lot of points / nodes / breaks (not sure the correct terminology here) that cause my PC to slow down. Apart from the function called 'fit spline' is there anyway to modify the sketch so that these points do not show? Nicholas, I don't use Draftsight personally but I'm told it's supposed to have the functionality of AutoCAD which I do still use.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
i'm facing a problem at the moment. I use SW to calculate toolpaths on the modell. For a better visualization i use a 3D sketch an draw the toolpath with points and lines afterwards. Unfortunately the sketch can be seen through the part which can be irritating.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Changing Smart Dimension Settings I'm editing a part that I did not create and I've found that there is a thin "8" placed at the beginning and end of the dimension in a sketch I'm creating within the part (see attached picture). Is this due to a setting within SolidWorks that I might not be aware of, or is it simply a bug?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
Im doing a school project and i don't understand what's wrong with this scetch, i can't fully define it. the scetch on the the right menu is blue so i'm taking it as if its not fully defined ? i'm new into solidworks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I recently installed SolidWorks 2018 but I'm having a problem with assigning global variables. I understand you have to double-click the dimension, and then use the 'modify dimension' dialog box to assign the variable to that dimension. But that dialog box does not show up...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I just recently upgraded to the the 2012 solidworks and so far I am experiencing more and more problems. I needed to edit a bolt pattern on a housing and when I go to edit the sketch it won't let me select any of the lines. I cannot dimensions them or view any relations on them since they cannot be selected. Next to my cursor is a dimension symbol but I dont have smart dimension or any for of dimension selected.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 days ago
Eliminate Sketch Shadow Settings There is a
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 days ago
'What does that mean?' I thought, 'Rotation of sketch instances? Why would my linear pattern instances rotate?'
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
Hello, when I'm making a sketch on a plane and I want two lines connecting to each other and I change one of line's size it makes it smaller/larger and also changes the other line accordingly. Is there any way to just change the size and shift the other line? Also, is it possible to type in the line's size before you click its end point?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
Hello newer to solid works coming from inventor. In inventor you can use the projection curve tool to create a complex 3D sketch that is a combination of 2 sketched splines. I would sketch a spline on the right plane in sketch 1 and then another spline on the top plane in sketch 2 then start a 3D sketch and use the projection curve tool to create a new 3D spline that was a mix of the 2 open splines.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
I have a sketch that is failing after I modified the feature before it. It is telling me that it "cannot find the face or plane" when I RMB and select what's wrong. I didn't modify the preceding feature in a way that should have caused this however I don't know how to fix this. Is there a way to reassign the sketching plane to a sketch that has lost this reference?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
28 days ago
I am having a challenge dimensioning an arced slot and the KB help isn't helping. I have created a construction circle as a guide so I can have a bolt hole on the other side of the bracket. I now create the arced slot. When I go to dimension the length of the slot the dimension insists on dimensionless the rest of the circle and not the slot.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Does anybody already have a sketch setup to to generate a 4 arc ellipse from a the major and minor diameter? That looks like an actual ellipse. I think we're looking for a fake ellipse that would be a pain in the butt to create in SW:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I am trying to add a sketch relations between the end point of a line and a plane OTHER than the sketch plane. If the plane is NORMAL to the sketch plane there is no issue. But if the other plane is at a non-normal angle, SW won't allow. I have never noticed this before.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
This is a recent problem for me. When I open a model and start sketching or editing, I can double click on sketch dimensions to edit them as expected. However, I am finding that if I switch windows to a different model and then come back, I can no longer double click to edit dimensions. THe only way to edit them is to go to the dialoge box on the left, highlight the current value and then change it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I just sketched a rectangle, it came in with equal relations making it square. I must have sketched a zillion rectangles so guess was bound to happen one day. It's a bit fiddly to do by eyeball.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Data recovery If you don’t want to lose your computer’s personal data then you will have to install such software in your system. You can get total backup of computer data like files, programs and libraries easily with help and support of such software.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Smart Dimension Problem Hello I am Samir ,I changed my hdd drive swap with samsung evo ssd,I replace my old hdd,everything is ok,but solidworks and rest of all programs was working slowly,thats why I bought solid state drive,I upgade my laptops ram and so on,I install everything included Solidworks,my smart dimension tool is not working properly. I am able to giving dimension one time only after that it won't allow me to select another line or circle etc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Is there any secret to get a linear pattern to follow a line rather than the x or y axis? I'd like to make a pattern using a construction line to determine the angle rather than an axis. If select the entities I want to pattern then select the line to set the direction it simply adds the line to the list of entities to pattern and retains the x axis as the direction.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago