Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
i'm having trouble modeling NPT based threads on my model. I have to design it based on a 1" thread. I dont know how to get it going on solidworks via hole wizard. I've tried but it doesent work.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
hi guys I have this piece right here that I want to learn how to model in solid works just the top section. I was thinking of extruding the top section and drafting the extruded cylinder then doing some type of swept cut but I dont know how to approach it and quite stuck. Here is the picture of the model and here is a screen shot of my solidworks model part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 hours ago
Over defined sketch There is a fully defined sketch. Deleting a dimension in that sketch making the sketch over defined one.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Equation Driven Curve Equation Driven Curve is creating a small gap how to get rid of this gap? 2 is over defining the sketch but 1.999 is creating a gap.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Is it possible to change color of the spline handles? If so, how? In the Color scheme settings, scroll to Inactive Handles and edit to your desired color.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I tried fixing the points and sometimes I found the ends of the arc stayed at the fixed points when i changed the radius but now the arc and its end points move from the fixed points. Is there a way to fix the start and finish points when drawing an arc? If you could provide an example file that would be helpful.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
This is an Equation Driven Curve and 3D Circle. Is it possible make 3D circle tangent to Curve? Jive Software Version: 2016.3.10.4, revision: 20180516024324.179277c.release_2016.3.10.4
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
As you can see this sketch is made by many single curves. Is it possible to make it one curve? Because to Linear Pattern the entire sketch, I have to select curves one by one. Will block work in this case?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I'm trying to import our company logo already converted to a DWG file that a friend did for me. The problem is that the sketch is too large for the part I'm trying to engrave it on. Is there a simple way resize or "shrink" the sketch so I can make it fit onto different sized parts? I feel that the logo sketch is too complex to define it with dimensions and relations.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Equation driven pattern I am trying to find a way to have Hole Wizard drive the number of holes in a part based on overall length(see attached image).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I am used to it (from Catia) that when I start a sketch, the program automatically creates an origin with axes to which I can attach relations to (mainly symmetry between two lines, tangency, etc). In solidworks, there is only a point for reference in the origin, I cannot use symmetry (only midpoint) and I am ending up always sketching 2 center lines before I start each sketch. Is there an automatic feature to create axes in each new sketch with which I can use sketch relations?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
This has been happening to me in 2018 sp3 of Solidcrap I mean Solidworks. I have been making sketchs the same for years.... and years and NEVER have this problem - upgraded to 2018 sp3 and
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Ok, I must be having a brain fart. I have an arc and want to sketch a rectangle that will be perpendicular to the arc along the center of the rectangle.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
I have a sketch that is failing after I modified the feature before it. It is telling me that it "cannot find the face or plane" when I RMB and select what's wrong. I didn't modify the preceding feature in a way that should have caused this however I don't know how to fix this. Is there a way to reassign the sketching plane to a sketch that has lost this reference?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
I recently watched a video where they changed/flipped the tangent direction of a spline to a line by right clicking the Tangent relation in the dialog box of Existing relations dialog and choosing "Flip Relation" I wish this where available for arcs as well. Does any one know an easy way to flip the relation when working with arcs in a sketch? When the sketch is simple the obvious answer is just delete it and sketch a new one, but sometimes you'll be sketching and start constraining your sketch
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
I am trying to design a sign for my company which involves cutting out our logo so that light may shine through to the same logo cut out of Lexan. In order to do so we want to limit the cutout to 40% of the full size lexan logo. The problem I am coming across is dealing with the complex shape of the script part of our logo, it was created in a program outside of Solidworks and then imported as a .DXF and saved as a block. But due to the constant width changes I can't use the offset command set
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
I'm getting to grips with solidworks 2018 and I've been trying to model a pair of nose pliers, yet I am having issues with how to connect the edges to create the curved profile of the pliers. (I'm starting by just doing the bottom half of one half of the pliers) Any suggestions on what tool/ feature that would be best for this sketch? Thanks!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
Is there a way to get the path length from a 3D sketch into a design table? The path length dimension tool works great for 2D sketches but is not available in 3D sketches? The only way i can do it is to use fit spline to make it one spline, then RMB and simplify curve, you can then dimension it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
How can activate the tool sketch picture? Start a sketch then go to Tools>Sketch Tools>Sketch Picture..
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Referencing this threadHow to show dimension in fraction? I am trying to recall how to display 13 15/16" as 1' - 1 15/16" in sketch mode. (and 72" as 6')
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Hello thank you for reading this... I'm new in Solidworks and I have problem when do sketching which is I cant make a circle with dimension is 1000m diameter as shown in picture..Please somebody help me and sorry im not good in English SolidWorks will automatically add relationships (to "help" you) and I think there is a horizontal relationship between your big circle and the small circle to the left of it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I was wondering if there was a way I can change a contour sketch into a fully defined sketch. The reason why I ask is because in my previous extruded cut feature, I was using a contour selection. Now that I have my sketch fully defined, I want the extruded cut feature to revert back to using its fully defined sketch boundaries.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I've come across something I've never encountered before and cannot seem to find anything related to it by searching the forum or by searching my help files. Whilst working within a sketch I have created a closed contour which consists of a mixture of arcs, splines and lines. I had this in a fully defined state and then offset the contour outwards by 0.8mm (it's a very small part) and I ended up with this weird little yellow box at two of my sketch intersections.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Previous behaviour in SolidWorks was that when making a Hole Wizard (ie, counterbore, tapped hole), in the positioning sketch you could use Sketch Linear Pattern to lay out the points. I would arbitrarily pick an axis (usually the default one selected) and just enter the quantity of holes, then define the remainder of the geometry with conventional sketch relations and dimensions. Somewhere in the past few versions of SolidWorks, this changed, and now its like it is "fully defined" from the
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago