Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Before I started at this position someone created this part by modeling it - not as a sheet metal part. There is a model created for the bent part and another model of the flattened part. I don't have a lot of experience with SW sheet metal and I am trying to create the part as a sheet metal part. My problem is the 20 degree jog.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Tags:none(add)sheet metal Content tagged with sheet metal
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
However, we have been having problems similar to this:Tab & Slot Feature That post was answered; I'm starting a new thread because I think the underlying problem has not been fixed.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I have created default (A) and defaultsm-flat-pattern (B). When I change dimensiondefault, dimenssiondefaultsm-flat-patterndoes not update accordingly.The default B must be like A, otherwise it would be unreasonable. Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
In this video delete face is used before converting a solid into Sheet Metal. I tried to convert without using delete face but couldn't. Is it possible?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I've got sheet metal parts. They're not weldments. It's real nice that SW does the Cut-List for them. I can FINALLY get the flat blank to auto-update on the print by referencing one of the fields in there.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I have a sheet metal part with both countersink holes and embosses, how do I keep these when I convert to sheet metal and flatten the part? Rubén Rodolfo BalderramaNov 7, 2018 2:54 PM(in response to Victor Fagerlund) Add a configuration and model what you want to see after the Base Flange, use the original configuration to show your flat...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
The extended faces on the lower flange stay put, and I'm stuck with a weird looking offset in my lower flanges. If I add those lower faces to the "Faces to Match" field in the Closed Corner command, the result doesn't change. Likewise if I engage the "Auto Propagation" option.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Flange Direction Configuration I have a piece with a single bend and two alignment holes that is affixed to a door on the top and the bottom. They would be identical except for the direction of the flange.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I am trying to generate an accurate sheet metal version of the 2 wings that are highlighted below is blue. We currently generate a visual representation of the wings using a thickened surface that is approximately inserted. We have a excel spreadsheet that generates the curves so we know the exact flat pattern profiles for each part but I would like to bend the actual flat patterns to create that above.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
i have seen some annoying behavior and i think i've seen this in 2014 as well as 2017 that i'm using now. the assembly consists of several sheet metal parts, all of which have a "flat pattern" configuration. as we all know when we turn a sheet metal part into a flat pattern it creates a sketch that defines the border and bend lines. typically this sketch is only visible and active while in the "flat pattern" configuration. now my issue is that i open the higher level assembly and all of these
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I am looking for a way to filter through an assembly and obtain key characteristics about the sheet metal parts in the assembly. So far I have used the Assembly Visualization tool to view the following... Tags:none(add)assembly visualization
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I'm wondering if the same approach could be used to configure sheet metal once I get upgraded to SW2018 from SW2017 I think this becomes possible in 2018 because I believe bend radius is able to be a global variable.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
When I use solidworks sheetmetal, I usually meet a problem that I can not imagine the intersection of two part in assembly. So I don't know the way cut part to make the intersection is nice. (Example the intersection of 2 spline curve sheetmetal.) With normal cut condition, the problem become too flexible. I spent 6 year for sheetmetal 3d cad, but I feel my skill is not upgraded. With your experience, please tell me the way to solve it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
This video demonstrates how to create an animation of sheet metal bends folding using SOLIDWORKS motion study and macros in a matter of few clicks:Animate folding of SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal bends - YouTube Rubén Rodolfo BalderramaOct 5, 2018 7:20 AM(in response to Artem Taturevych) Paraphrased from the American Revolutionary War patriot, Nathan Hale: "I only regret that I have but one LIKE to give to this post."
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
Could you please help me how to cut edge-flange of sheet metal part with various angle?(please refer my file) I maked a surface in part 2 to explain about sheet metal, now I want sheet metal part with surface have same out-boundary.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
Tags:none(add)sheet metal bending Content tagged with sheet metal bending
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
I do have confident over some people expertise therefore I ignore reference link if I feel matter is simple one. Re: Convert to Sheet Metal
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
I try to make ellipse sheet metal in SW 2016 professional. When I created sketch in plan view, the sheet metal cannot flatten. But I try to create in front view, The sheet metal flatten perfectly. I don't know why?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
Base Flange/Tab doesn't Merge So I'm trying to create a "Tab" with a bend in it, to connect two pcs of sheet metal. Who would have known that you can't merge them when using a bend?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
I've recently been learning how to use the "sketched bend" feature in Solidworks. When I make a bend it does not remove the material I just bent, instead makes the bend, and leaves the flat sheet metal as well. Is there a way to avoid this?sssccc.PNG
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
The radius of the circle is directly related to the circumference. If you increase the radius, the required circumference (or arc length for partial circle) will also increase. Yeah...you are basically asking "Why does the circumference of my pipe increase when I increase it's diameter?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
I have never used sheet metal in SW before so I know very little about it. I want to create cut out vents around a ring; so I created a form tool with the shape I want. When I apply the tool it cuts as expected but then adds material to the part under the part of the form tool that hangs over the edge.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
I am in the process of reverse engineering some parts for my hot rod project. The piece in question is part of a two piece assembly that makes up the rocker box between the door jambs. On the top of the box it curves down from one end towards the center then curves back up to the front, and on this curve is a 90* flange that goes the whole length. My idea is to cut a slit on this flange every 5" and bend to a 90* and weld it together afterwards.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago