Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
So I've been handed another perplexing part to quote and I can not figure out how the person who gave this to me drew it in swx. Drawing, and my two attempts attached.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
44 minutes ago
I'm experiencing something rather annoying with the otherwise great Tab & Slot feature. I hope someone has discovered a fix/workaround for this or that I'm just missing something. When I have multiple instances of a part in an assembly and I go in to configure a Tab & Slot feature on one of them.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
When I flatten my sheet metal part, a spike of sheet metal shoots out of the top of the part. Does anyone have a fix for this? Tags:none(add)sheet metal
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Curved sheetmetal unbend issue Created this shape using base-flange,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
How to model a convex shaped cone in sheet metal? SWX cannot flatten this. You might be able to get some kind of lofted bend, but those types of features in sheet metal do not necessarily give you an accurate flat pattern.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
Happy Saturday, forum gurus! I use a gauge table to determine bend deduction. However, whenever I make a bend that is not 90 degrees (see screenshot) the gauge table fails, giving the message "The angle of this bend fell outside the bend allowance/ deduction table...".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
We got this wonky lookin' part as a step file saved from catia, one of my coworkers was able to convert it to sheet metal but can't flatten it completely, or unfold one particular bend. I'm not sure what the problem is, can anyone help? Also, if anyone happens to know some good thread here on importing a step file of a bent sheet metal part and converting it to sheet metal in SWX so that it can be flattened, it would be some great reading material for me.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I need help determining how to angle my bend lines to achieve tangency with a cylinder. I know that my first bend needs to be 14 degrees and from there the proceeding bend can be whatever angle required to be tangent with the cylinder. Any tricks so that my second bend is tangent with the cylinder?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Went into my part and changed the bend radius to 2 decimal places in all the pertinent bends. The drawing is stuck at 3 decimal places and I don't see how to change it. When I click on the dim, there is no decimal place option. Is there something in Doc Props that I'm not seeing?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Sheet Metal Gauge table Bend Allowance I am trying to utilize the sheet metal gauge tables because we have quite a few engineers and i like to make sure we are all using the same information. The problem i am running into is i have used the sample template provided by solidworks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Sheet metal bend settings Guys, i have a challenge here.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
edge flange default radius I would like to edit the Edge flange "Default Radius". If I check the box, it reverts back to numbers opposite of what I have now. .
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Bend Calculation Setup Help We are currently moving to Solid Works from another 3D system and I need to set up our sheet metal flat pattern calculations based on our shop standards. I've been told to utilize the "bend_calculation.xls" spreadsheet (below) to input our formula for calculation.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
When populating my drawing with views,the flat pattern does not unfold. I have had this issue with SW 2014.Checked the Property manager,and it shows the flat pattern as the selected view.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I would like to make several cuts in a sheet metal part after the part has been bent up (they are too close to where the bends are). Is there any way to exclude these cuts from the part's flat pattern? (Since they wouldn't exist at that time and I don't want the sheet blank cut out to have them)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
How does the K-Factor table work in SWX? How can I make SWX use an excell formula that my shop uses for K-Factor calculation?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
We have a small bent copper part in our design. We'd like to manufacture this small part on a laser cutter. We'd like to manufacture a frame that holds few parts at the same time so that these parts can be cut and bent as a single unit. The parts can afterwards be separated from the frame.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
How to add an edge flange in inside edge of a hole in sheet metal? Maha,, Change your Cut-Extrude1 to a "Normal Cut"
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I just came to Works from Edge. My first step was setting up gauge tables. Now that I am using gauge tables, when I pick a different table (One for carbon, Aluminum, Stainless, each)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I can't convert this part to sheet metal to which flatten, somebody help me pls.. thank Quan,, I take it you already have this modeled and would like to convert to sheet metal.. You won't be able to do that.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
I did a sheet metal part, they have cut list, But there is way to assing different material to them, specific i want that in confugurator publisher i can select: all the parts should show me: 16 GA. ALUMINIZED FORMED
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
JE VOUDRAIS MONTÉ UNE TABLE DE PLIAGE EN PARTANT DU DÉBUT AVEC LES EPAISSEURS 16 GA, 14GA , 12 GA, 1/8 , 3/16 , 1/4 , QUELLE SONT LES CALCULS A FAIRE , LES FORMULES , JE CONNAIS LES OUTILS DE PLIAGES,(LAMES ET V BLOCS) QUE J AI ,MAIS JE NE SAIS PAS COMMENT LES CALCULÉ ? MERCI D AVANCE
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Attached is a single assembly driven part. Edit plane 1 or 2 in the assembly, the sheet metal part will update. Except the cross break will not update.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I'm getting this edge flange over lap. Not sure why ?BBQedge.PNG
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago