Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Sheet Metal Lofted Bend Rebuild Errors Greetings fellow CAD enthusiasts ,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Solidworks 2018 added tab and slot feature. We do a lot of sheet metal work, and this feature is a big time saver. However, we have been having problems similar to this:Tab & Slot Feature
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
Flat Pattern configuration with Derived Parts Issue We are having problems with derived flat patterns not updating without their reference models being open, but only on derived parts. I have attached test files (open Top Level Assembly.sldasm to test).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Using SW'18 SP3, I have modeled a very simple sheet metal "box" by extruding a 10" square 2.5" tall, and Convert to Sheet Metal. The material is 0.125" thick with matching bend radius. When I move down and attempt to change the Auto Relief Type, SolidWorks acts strange. The selected relief type is not reflected in the graphics window.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Relief Type doesn't work correctly With my sheet metal models I have a problem with how the Relief Type works:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have a question regarding Sheet metal parts. I have a part that i want a hem along one side of a bent part. I can't get the hem to be complete along the entire profile, it breaks at the bends. I want to bend the part with double sheet thickness where the hems are.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I am trying to export a sheet metal part with form tools into our turret punch press programming software, Striker. They have told us to change the form tool's "Flat Pattern Visibility" to "Show Profile" in order to show a more simple representation of the tool, so that Striker can automatically recognize this special tool. We have tried this and it seems like there is a bug in Solidworks 2017 which fails to include this tool "profile" sketch when exporting the flat pattern. I have tried just
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Circular bending I would like to create the same feature using sheet metal. I used to make the model using features instead, by creating one feature and rotating it in the middle axis.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I've tried searching for an answer to this, but all I can find is how to mirror a part. I already have a mirrored part; I want to copy it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
The bend lines were there in 2017, but in 2018 (SP3), they will not are not. I cant find any setting that displays the bend lines or the boundary box.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Hi, I'm not overly experienced with SW and have been struggling with this problem for hours. I have a part that is cut from a tube per Capture1,2. I would then like to deform it with a cylindrical tool parallel to the original tube (per Capture3,4,5) where the finished deformed profile of the part would look something like the sketch outline shown in Capture5. If anyone has any suggestions for best way to tackle this, please let me know.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I have a sheet metal part. On its edge bend, I have a closable hole cut out by Cut Thin Feature. I need both hole cover part and main part. But when I flatten the part file, everything disappears.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
large radius close corner trouble I design sheet metal parts most of the time. Often I have to do parts that have a mix of large radius ( 0.5in).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Cannot calculate bend allowance error I have a sheet metal part that will not flatten or unbend. I get the error "Cannot calculate bend allowance as both K-factor and bend radius are zero.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
Do you have a little more clarification on the problem. What is the problem? If you make a statement, somebody will answer.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
failed unfold sheet metal tube, cutting difficulties Bad metal sheet errors unfold
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
Dear fellow SolidWorkers, I am having a bear of a time trying to make a model of a part per the drawing below. Which part would you make the base flange?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
Happy Saturday, forum gurus! I use a gauge table to determine bend deduction. However, whenever I make a bend that is not 90 degrees (see screenshot) the gauge table fails, giving the message "The angle of this bend fell outside the bend allowance/ deduction table...".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
When doing more complex sheet metal parts that mate up for welding, I have issues getting things to line up properly. Issues like getting two bent edges that will be welded along the seam they form to line up. Similar to the example screenshot I uploadedCapture.PNG
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Hello, Any ideas, other than making a Document template with predefined sheet metal form... I find the mentioned option to mess some shapes so bad that it would be best to disable it forever... but it seems to jump on on every new sheet metal model by default...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
flexible form turning into sheet metal how can i turn this piece into sheet metal
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Help Flattening Lofted Bend I'm wondering if someone can help me figure out why this lofted bend won't flatten. I'm pretty sure that it's some minor issue I've overlooked, but I can't seem to figure it out.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
I have an issue with DXF exporting from sheet metal parts. We create a lot of heavy parts that need to be butt welded together when assembling. We sub-contract all our profiling (plamsa/laser) and then finish the parts in house (chamfering, counter-sinks, tapping etc) before going into our fabrication assembly shop.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
Not sure what it is but I need to keep the geometry the same.. You forgot to attach the file
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago