Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
2019 ROUTING BROKEN? Both of our computers running 2019 are having consistent issues that are causing pipe routing to take 5x longer than it normally would. First off, after adding flanges and starting a new spool, it changes the pipe schedule to SCH 20.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 hours ago
I am trying to create a connection with two ferrules and a gasket between them. We use a sanitary clamp to secure the tubing. I can insert one ferrule and a gasket, but I am having trouble with inserting the second ferrule. When the second ferrule is inserted, It snaps incorrectly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Fitting with multiple pipes I have a PVC fitting which has 2 different sizes on one side. (one inside and one outside) ofcourse you can only use one at a time. It is for the sizes d1 and d2 as per this drawing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I just started a new job and I am taking over a project where the designer used multi-body parts instead of an assembly for a plastic enclosure. In the assembly that includes the multibody enclosure part there is also a routing part. I need to mate the routing part to a different position. I was able to do this using Move components and smart mates however I made a change I couldn't revert so I had to close and lose that information.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Clamped connection routing library Hello, I am looking for a routing tri clamp (sanitary fittings) library which I can add it into my routing toolbox and use drag and drop function, or if it is possible someone to show me how to do it by myself (create a routing tri clamp with different dimensions from DN25 to DN125, add Cpoints and then add it into my routing library in toolbox.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
30 days ago
Rubén Rodolfo BalderramaOct 12, 2018 12:33 PM(in response to Greg Marz) total length required for each tube color (with its own P.N.) to show correctly on the bill of material. Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.1_jx, revision: 20180814200645.7fbf90c.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Rubén Rodolfo BalderramaSep 24, 2018 10:53 AM(in response to Tapani Sjoman) It might be all clear to you what you're describing but there's simply not enough information for anyone to provide an actual answer. Please elaborate,. Post the ASM if you can or some dummy ASM that demonstrates your issue, if nothing else, post some screenshots.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I just want to do one routing job without something absurd happening. I mean, come on now...routing1.JPGrouting2.JPG Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.1_jx, revision: 20180814200645.7fbf90c.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have an assembly and about 10 hoses in it. I have created hoses with routing and they are saved virtually inside this assembly and these hoses do not have a drawing of their own. Just need a hose type and LENGTH to be seen in the assembly BOM.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Hello everyone! I don't know if it's been already asked (I didn't find anything) but I need to connect a PVC DIN 8062 pipe to a water pump outlet with a EN 1092-2 flanges. Though I can connect varius flanges types from the routing libraries, I can't find a suitable one because in their configuration hasn't been set up the "right" pipe.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have several sub assemblies built in routing, Spooled as part of a larger assembly. I thought that if I used promoted in the sub assembly, I would get only the spools and parts (as if the spools were a sub assembly within. I think if you want to show it in an upper level like an assembly, you will need to use the "show" option in the promote options for the spool assembly, then use a BOM set to "indented" at the upper level to show the spool and the parts like a sub assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Customer wanted to add another segment to the piping assembly, upon adding it, a component in a in a different part of the asm. turned the wrong direction. 2.) How do I properly align fittings in the future so this doesn't happen.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I have a basic routing assembly and I need to replace one ball valve with another. What is the best way? In a mated assembly I would simply click "replace", how does this work in routing?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I am using Solidworks Routing - Electrical (I do not own Solidworks Electrical, my routing is only part of the Routing Add-In) to create manufacturing drawings for custom cable harnesses. My company designs, builds and installs tidal and run of river power systems. Almost nothing we have is off-the-shelf and while I don't have a lot of experience in other industries cable harnessing, we may be on theuniqueend of design problems.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Is there a particular service pack we should avoid? I had some issues with smart mates when I went to 2017 sp 5.0, the smart mates had a real bad bug that caused me to go back to sp 2.0. And I'm still dealing with the remnants of the real bad bug that came out in 2016https://forum.solidworks.com/message/573923#comment-573923that causes routes to lose dimensions & relations, has that been fixed?.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I apologize for the basic question, however I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I'm using the Solidworks Routing feature to assemble some pipes. During this process, I use the built in parts when you access the Design Library > routing > piping > nipples > barrel nipple
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Hi, I'm using 2008 SP 5.0 and get the following error when trying to flatten an electrical route: This Route Assembly cannot be flattened as it contains loops and/or disfjointed route segments.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I have updated to 2017 SP3 and now my routing components are not aligning correctly. When i drop in a valve the vertical axis is not aligning with the vertical axis of the route sub assembly as it should. It drops the fitting partially rotated about 10 degrees. Anyone else having this issue?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Route properties problem I creat a new route properties, then when I select this route specification this windows appears:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I'm trying to create an electrical connector using the routing component wizard, but whenever I try it gives the error "To progress to next step, please launch SOLIDWORKS and open a part first." The part file is already opened. I've tried this with several different parts and it gives me the same error. Does anyone know what's going on?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
,design table assembly Content tagged with design table assembly
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I am currently working on a large pipe route as part of an assembly, and as I have been adding to the route I am starting to put a lot of stress on my computer. I am at the point where every time I draw a line I am lagging, and when I dimension the line the program says it is not responding for a short while. This only happens when I am editing the route (even with every other component of the assembly hidden). Is it possible to hide a portion of the route (for instance half of the route, or
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
For years we've used the same custom .sldbomtbt for our Circuit Summary (Cut List) table on our harness drawings. There's a column on there that we've named APPROX. LENGTH, which is set to populate with theRouted Length. These total lengths would included theAdditional Internal Wire Lengthfrom the Route Properties on the connectors.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I'm trying to use pipe routing on SW18 with some very large pipes (700NB), first of all I can't find a pipe this big in the standard library, secondly when I try and drag and drop the next best flange (24') onto my model I get an error message saying 'Please specify valid routing component(s) to start the route', if I use a smaller flange there is no problem. Can anyone suggest a reason and a solution to this problem? cheers.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago