Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Whenever I render something that has inner shadow - see attached picture for example, I get this grainy look and the shadow becomes really bad. I improved the render quality from "best" to "maximum" and also improved image quality on settings to high. but still struggling with this issue.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I recently added a simple decal to the top of a switch which is now part my companies part library. To save having an extra file/image in with the components & running the risk of it getting lost or deleted, I made the decal self-contained within the part (by ticking the option in the Document Properties > Model Display) The only issue I have now is that the decal isn’t appearing when I render the part in Photoview 360.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I am new to rendering, and am playing around with it. I edited a light on an assembly to highlight one of the faces. It shows in the Solidworks window but it doesn't show in the render. The lights are "on" in both Solidworks and Photoworks 360.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
Render Formfleece I was wondering if anyone with Photoview rendering experience could tell me how to set up photorealistice formfleece as seen in the picture.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I am trying to render a short 18 second animation in Photoview 360 in an assembly and everything in the model turns out as a white shiny finish. I can render a single image and it is fine, with correct plastics, rubbers and metals applied, but in the video every part of the model turns all white. Photoview 360 is installed and switched on.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Hello All,.. I ran into a weird screen render using a camera... it seems to be only in 2017/2018 and only when a camera is used... pulses/zooms in-out/grainy.. see attached file/video.. (also, so far,.. it is ONLY this sldprt file... some sort of file corruption? Can anyone using 2017/2018 test and confirm seeing this..?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
PhotoView360 Gallery Its been a while since there was a thread in here for people to post renders they have created in PhotoView360. Thought I would start one.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
When using solid works i have a flat sheet of 3mm polished aluminium. The sides will reflect and appear shiney, but the top does not? Try many different environments and materials, also different mappings etc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have created some basic "fly-thru" photo-realistically rendered animations, which I kicked of on Friday evening to run over the weekend... So my management wants to know, If you were going to build/buy a dedicated system for generating photo-realistically rendered animations, what would you spec ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
To to make it actual LED chip to be illuminated effect, I applied point light source that simulate actual LED chip if I set point light source color as Blue, then back ground/shadows turn into yellowish color
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
(which I have to render twice to show the "exterior", and "what's inside"), then edit together in post... Using my older I-7 based computer, with an NVidia Quadro 4000 graphics card, and PhotoView 360, my limited experience leads me to estimate that it will take somewhere between 5 to 8 days to process... during which time it is not advisable to use the computer for anything else...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
is there a way to turn off the "preview window"? i use "real graphics view" and it seems a waste of system resources that the "preview window" is always updating; or that when you hit the "render" button, the system fires up the preview window first, then opens the render window.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Been fishing around for a while now but havn't seen a fix for this. I'm trying to render in different camera angles, but the final rendering is staying in one format and location, I've tried locking/unlocking camera and view, creating new cameras deleting all of them, adjusting setting manually. Still isn't working for me.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I would like to make Photoview 360 Animation with specific lighting effect. Model is LED bulb that has clear plastic optics illuminated by light source placed at the base of optics.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
HOW CAN YOU SAVE EXTRUDE CUTS THAT WERE DONE IN A ASSEMBLY TO A PART SO THAT WHEN YOU OPEN JUST THAT PART FILE YOU DON'T LOSE THE CUTS? Edit the feature and check this box.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Is their a way of making a drawing look cartoony without having photo360?@ Save as a PDF from SW and bring into PhotoShop.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
PhotoView Chain Link Having an interesting problem with chain link in photoview for rendering. Realview shows the chain link transparent, but photoview shows a weak image.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
I found this discussion (Transparent background?) where it looks like in the standalone pv360 it was possible to omit the floor and environment while keeping the shadows in the final render. Is this possible in the integrated version of pv360 or has this functionality been removed? One word:Paul Salvador(I know it looks like two, but he's the 1.)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
I'm trying to add something resembling ambient lighting to a photoview 360 render. I want to render an interior space of my model with a flat, shadowless lighting applied to all surfaces, as if the air itself is emitting light, in addition to the other lights in the model. I've tried using the Primary Photoview 360 lighting for this, but I can't find any way to disable shadows for it, so that's out.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble resizing a material texture. I'm using the "matte rubber" material and the texture that comes with it is scaled wrong for my part. I'm trying to make it smaller.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
I was wandering if it is possible to render a model so that the image created, ideally in JPEG format, has no background, which would mean that the outline of the final image is that of the model. Any advice would be much appreciated.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
Hello, is it possible to download photoview 360 appearances, other than the preloaded ones ? I am running SW 2018 and I read on forums about downloading lxo files but it seems it is not available any more. Michael LordJul 2, 2018 2:06 AM(in response to Florin Lucian Catalin Dumitrescu) The Luxology Modo Photoview Assets are still available.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
Issue Topic: p2m appearance file"contains invalid path" RE: Error Message Prompt UsingPhotoView 360Addin for SolidWorks Ver-2013 SP0.0 (10-15-12)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
Some years ago, (please don't ask!), I could apply my own photo to a SW appearance, and the "coupon" could be flipped horizontally and vertically as it was stepped out in x and y.... but when I try it now with SW 2018 and PView 360, it just flips the original coupon in-place, which doesn't look very nice for this appearance...see attached... Am I doing something wrong ?... am I missing a checkbox somewhere...?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago