Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Hi, its me again with my eyeglasses, I am trying to make a fillet on two segments but it is not allowing me, i already tried face fillet as well but nothing is working out, it says that i have to fix the geometry but I don't know where the problem is, i have checked but with my non professional skills, haven't been able to find why it is not letting. This is the last hing i am missing in order to mirror it and have the complete glasses,m but it is driving me crazy. I am attaching a picture with
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
I have two urgent questions. 1. I have three disjointed bodies that haven't been able to join, i have tried everything and i'm kind of desperate now.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
30 days ago
solidworks routing ecourse videos is not loading properly.How to rectify this problem Apparantly it's better with IE & SW are aware and trying to fix it
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
solidworks 2018-2019 education version download I have downloaded Solidworks 2018 in my portal download page. When I run setup, the message I get is:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
What I would like: When the macro starts, a window appears and offers to browse the files in my computer to open a file ASSEMBLY preferably.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Geometry change There was an engineering change to some geometry, which doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. Though, no matter what method I go about, I get an error whining about geometric conditions or self intersecting or blah blah blah.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I haven't used mysolidworks before so I'm not sure what is going on. I currently have Chrome, Brave and Edge open trying to start a lesson and all 3 are hung up with the main page to begin lesson and the cursor is just showing that it is busy. Cookies are allowed so I'm not sure what other things this is looking for
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
When trying to install the PDM manager software, it asks to connect to port 25734. This fails. So on the servers firewall, I created 3 additional inbound rules to allow TCP traffic through ports 1433, 3030 and 25734.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I'm using Solidworks 2018 and I just made my first sheetmetal part. When I made the flat pattern, the cut length was wildly wrong. Is there a way to change whether the program uses K-factor, bend allowance or bend deduction? If so, how do you get there?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I want to start out by saying that my experience is dimensioning parts is very limited. I am just now getting more involved in creating my own mechanical drawings. I know that there is a few "industry standards" that certain prints follow, but I am more concerned on just dimension the internal features that I have on this part. Only key is to keep it simple, which is something I'm struggling on.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Help with changing colors please I am pretty new to Solidworks and am trying to make a snake. I lofted the end of the tail on the surface of another lofted figure(the body) and a black circular line appears.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Does anyone know a good online resource to find practice problems for the CSWP? Have you tried the sample test available from SolidWorks Certification?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Injection Moulding For weeks now I have tried to fix these parts to be injection moulding ready and I just cannot get it to the final stage.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
It's pretty simple. Online licensing is completely useless if you need to also use old versions of SW to support clients. This is a good question, I guess online licensing only support SW2018 onwards.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
At the company I work for we are attempting to implement an installation of SolidWorks PDM Standard 2017. Vault is up and running, with a second vault set-up for testing purposes - so far so good.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
When I try to go to the dropdown menu everything is grayed out except the "Smart Dimension tool" I have tried several things but can not figure out why this is happening. Any one have any ideas or solutions? Tags:none(add)mating menu
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
Right now I want to build my own robot arm. I have done the most part of robot arm. The only problem is that when I insert my gripper to the top level assembly, the gear mate doesn't work. The left and right sides of gripper seem to be locked and two pieces will rotate towards the same direction rather than the opposite direction.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
I built a robot arm and want to use it in ROS(robotic operating system). The problem right now I have is the gear mate works in SW but failed after urdf file loaded in ROS. The two sides of gripper will rotate towards the same direction rather than the opposite direction when I adjust the value of the corresponding motor.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
I need to create non-circular holes (like squre, rectangular, rectangular with fillets on the corners, etc), to be pulled out on the hole table the same way we do with circular holes. Is there some way we can combine holes B1 and F1 (with the description square □ 10x10 (in red)), for example.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
In PDM Pro I'm trying to set the group level warning 'Check-in' option 'File Name is not unique' so that my users do not inadvertently check in an object with a name that already exists in the database. I need to do this instead of using the 'No Duplicates Allowed' global setting due to other corporate entities allowing duplicates to be made. I have the option set, but it doesn't stop the check-in of files named exactly the same. Does anyone know why this would occur?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
APERCU INTEGRE j aimerais enregistrer sous....(format PDF ou JPG ou autre..) le rendu que j ai a l écran en "aperçu intégré", mais je n y arrive pas, avez vous un conseil ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
So I think my parts are injection molding ready. However, when I do normal draft analysis on the base part on 'gradual transition' at 1 degree, it comes out fine (see picture). But when I do the draft analysis when creating 'Parting Line' it has yellow sections along the ribs (which are there to support the lid in place and not for structural purposes).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
I am trying to do a drawing and every other time I go to save my work (ctrl S) SWX will crash. Is there anything I can do about this. Are you trying to get it to crash every time, instead of every other time?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
could not load solidworks dll: sldshellutils. when i do pack & go this comes up. i have tried to repair the installation via the installer but during repair it claims it cant find the proper installation files to continue the repair. makes no sense.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago