I have created default (A) and defaultsm-flat-pattern (B). When I change dimensiondefault, dimenssiondefaultsm-flat-patterndoes not update accordingly.The default B must be like A, otherwise it would be unreasonable. Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
I need to make a counter clock wise (CCW) version of this propeller. Fellow contributors taught me to use the mirror part feature, and that appears to work, but when I upload the mirrored part to Xometry, it shows an error called an "enclosed hollow" and won't 3D print the part. Is there something in the mirror method that is creating this error? If so, can someone flip this prop in a different way?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
I was hoping someone out there could provide me with some models that have correct tolerances in them. There are many good snap fit design guides freely available on the web, however I cannot recall seeing one that deals with anything other than plastic. It is worth a look though.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
Say you have a 3D sketch with several instances of the same dimension linked to a global variable so that they can all be modified from the table at once. Is it best practice to place the dimension in the sketch once and link all other instances to it, or link each individual dimension to the global variable? It seems that you would get the same result either way but I am wondering about impact on system resources.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
I have 4 parts, one of which is an assembly. Every time I click on the subassembly to make a mate, the feature manager tree expands???
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
One of the least talked about major enhancement in the SOLDIWORKS 2019 is the new graphics engine based on OpenGL 4.5. It makes new and old video cards (up to 6 year old) fly compared to SW 2018 performance! We wanted to put this new graphics engine to test, soAlen Topicand I used 3 simple tests, readily available to everyone to measure the improvements, as much as we could.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
Now when I drag part 2, part 3 which is on top of part 2 would stay still until the wall of part 2 hits part 3, then part 3 will start moving. My goal is when I move part 2, part 3 would move with part 2 even without part 2's wall hitting part 3 (like there is friction between 2 and 3, so part 2 and 3 keep then relative position), and also when I move part 3, part 2 would move when part 3 hit part 2's wall.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
Basic things like columns, beams, braces, etc. We use weldments to get the shapes needed, but just for each single part. Then, assemble those parts and the plate work in an assembly which correlates with our shipping marks. Those shipping marks are assembled into another assembly, which is the full layout of the sales order and is used for a general arrangement/construction drawing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
Deleting bodies after linear pattern So there are 9 repeating cells along the length of this stent after using linear pattern to multiply the cells. Problem is, I only need 8 of them, so is there a way I can delete the 9th cell or everything below the green line?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
In this video delete face is used before converting a solid into Sheet Metal. I tried to convert without using delete face but couldn't. Is it possible?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
hi guys, i was wondering if there is a way to mount fasteners into a plate that has 4 corner slots where I would have a screw and nut go through. Instead of inserting a screw one by one and mating them to each hole can I mate one screw/nut just once and then just do a feature where all of the remaining holes I designate will automatically do it for me? What I do now currently is draw lines through the centers of the slotted holes on the plate and a line through the screw so I just mate their
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
So I've been playing around with the wing design for my RC and I'm now faced with this issue. If you looked at this picture, the wing and the wingtip are not intersecting perfectly. Is there anything in the set up that I need to be aware of to make it the intersection complete without gap?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 hours ago
Tags:none(add)chain pattern Content tagged with chain pattern
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
complex design I've been asked to do a bit of writing on "complex design". The request came from a marketing person who may or may not understand the request.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
This challenge is encountered by many of us every day, when trying to save time by mirroring parts or even assemblies. If the components have labels attached, either as text or as sketches, the text geometry gets mirrored too. - post a solution that meets the requirements above using only SOLIDWORKS functionality
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
Here is one I have often wondered - best practice in an assembly, is it better to pattern, or simply place the parts as required? Are there pros / cons? Performance?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
This challenge could possibly be the simplest ever, since this topic has been debated before on this forum, so a solution might already be available. A video describing this challenge has been attached to this post and can also be found here:SWPUC 21 Challenge: How to Model the Most Accurate Barrel Cam - YouTube
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
in the model side, i had to turn off the auto-rotate normal to place on sketch creation, because it was going 2 miles off screen when it rotated. now im also noticing that the zoom to fit is randomly fitting all or zooming off in space. the only thing im noticing is that im always editing a sketch, clicking zoom to fit, and then it flies off in space. and there isnt any random sketches out there before anyone asks...its a clean simple sketch.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
More of a rant than a question, but perhaps someone knows a trick I am missing. Back in 2014 and earlier versions I used copy with mates A LOT because it was VERY fast. Seems like many other "enhancements" the tool is now slower than if I simply manually place items. Am I missing something?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 hours ago
mirror imported part i have a imported part that need to be a right and left hand version. this is the message that comes up i have tried mirroring face and bodies. Nothing seems to be working.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 hours ago
I've got sheet metal parts. They're not weldments. It's real nice that SW does the Cut-List for them. I can FINALLY get the flat blank to auto-update on the print by referencing one of the fields in there.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
I'm going through the Pipe Routing tutorial, and I've cone to te point where I'm supposed to drop in the ball valve. When I try to drag the valve onto the assembly, it doesn't pop into place so I can hit tab to get it in the proper orientation. I had no trouble with the tee valve earlier. I'm running 2017, SP 2.0.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 hours ago
I assumed that using the freeze bar on all of the parts in an assembly would speed up the loading of that assembly but it doesn't seem to help at all. Does anyone have any experience with this? The Freeze Bar will help with the rebuilds, not the loading.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 hours ago
Loft changes circle into non-circle I have one issue with loft feature. When I create the loft from two sketches then I select "close loft" and of course 3 guide curves....it makes a loft as I wanted but it is not circular as I expected (it is not a perfect circle but an elipse or something not circular - you cant measure its diameter, only its lenght)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago