Im putting together an assembly and for some reason one of my plates wont hold its position once it's vertically mated. What happens is I add two mates to hold a plates position left to right and front to back, but as soon as I go to add a vertical mate to fully define the plate it nudges itself up, no error or anything. When I hit rebuild or try to move that part down back into position it will either drop down to where I want it and throw an error or keep its position and throw an error.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 minutes ago
I am inviting you to a crazy brainstorming session Monday, the 1st of February, in Dallas. If you would answerYESto any of these questions, please meet me at 10:30 am in Ballroom C1 at SOLIDWORKS World.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 minutes ago
I want to use a surface in context of my assembly to cut a face on a part; that much I can do if I edit the part in context of the assembly and knit or use 0 offset method to catch the surface (then split using the surface). I find if I lock it, then break all external references it seems to hold ok if I switch configs back and forth in my main asm (even if I turn off the part that was used to generate the surface). However, if I edit the part and back up before the surface-cut feature was added
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 minutes ago
Hi, I'm trying to mate a half bended circular rod to the edge of a frame made of two angle bars. I like to mate the rod right on the edge of the top bar with the bottom end of the rod to another frame bar at a distance from the base. Each time I mate them, it'll be stuck at an odd angle and seems to be locked to the parts.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
I'm trying to source a macro that will locate the centre of mass/gravity of all components within an assembly relative to a specific point (i.e. the assembly origin) and export this information to an excel file. I realise this has been brought up on several other forums but as yet there doesn't seem to be a solution. Effectively I'm trying to incorporate the parametric capabilities of solidworks to iteratively optimise the structural configuration of a concentric shaft/bearing arrangement.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
It`ll be very useful. I have a lot of bolt assemblies and each time it is necessary to find it in tree. It wll be like in Mirror-Component feature now
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
Does a Ctrl+Q not force the name to update? Not sure if this will affect it, but make sureTools > Options > System options > External References --- Assemblies --- Update component names when documents are replacedis selected.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
I deal with Truck Chassis drawings on a regular basis and often get a DXF file to model a body on to suit the truck chassis detailing holes and such. When I import the DXF I get a very messy DXF with point all over the place as per image below.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
Some time ago, I wanted to design cars, maybe it was just a dream something to add to the bucket list. But since everything always starts with something, that's why I wanted to ask you how to start a model like the one I show in a couple of photos.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I used to NX for 15 years and finding parent/child features was a breeze, but not so much with solidworks(at least not after 3 years of using). For instance, I could right click a surface in the graphic area and select show parent features, then all sketches and anything else that's directly associated with that surface will show. Obviously you can't do that in solidworks. So what about can you highlight a sketch in the graphic area and in turns highlights the sketch feature in the feature tree?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I'm opening a large assembly and it is taking a while, as expected. I started Task Manager so I could keep an eye on what was going on.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I am trying to mate one subassembly 'A' to a fixed face in assembly 'B', but I cannot select the desired face of 'A'. When I click on the face to mate, it simply selects the face of 'B' behind 'A', as if it isn't there at all. The select other tool is no help. 'A' does show up in the feature manager, and can be selected there, but I cannot select any faces to mate in this way, only parts in 'A' or the whole subassembly 'A'. I saved, rebuilt, and reopened 'B' with no change in results.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I would like to be able to multiple center of mass location into one plant layout by selecting the components to be included. What I have is an assembly with multiple machines and platforms around them and I want to show the center of mass for each machine or a group of machines that are bolted together at the plant layout level.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I have a component that I want to keep visible on screen, but I do NOT want to be able to click anything on said componenet (no edges, faces, vertexes, etc). I just want it visible, not selectable. In Catia this is a boolean property called "pickable". Is there anything like this in SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 hours ago
Sheet Metal Lofted Bend Rebuild Errors Greetings fellow CAD enthusiasts ,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Hi, I am looking to remove the split lines on an imported solid part. There are obviously no features to remove or edit. What can be done to have no split lines for the marking on that curved face?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Solidworks 2018 added tab and slot feature. We do a lot of sheet metal work, and this feature is a big time saver. However, we have been having problems similar to this:Tab & Slot Feature
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
I used this method “How path segments are divided determines how the structural members are
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
Wrap feature error I'm trying to wrap a sketch onto a cylindrical surface but I get the error:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
Brain tease Hi all, I came across this today. 1st I've seen of this type of error.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
I am using a design table to control the states of files within folders in an assembly. The use of the folders allows it to be easier to see what files are for what future configuration. Most of the time when the folder is triggered to be suppressed it will be, but sometimes the folders contents will still be resolved and just the folder suppressed. Not sure if there is a way to enforce the design tables power over the model?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
assembly feature hole wizard holes do not appear in assembly unless propogated to part, is there a setting somewhere, or is this a bug? It's hard to say without seeing the file, but I suspect it's in the settings of the feature's Property Manager. Edit the feature to show it, check the selections near the bottom for Feature Scope, and make sure you have the correct components selected.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
I created a 20-25 assembly and saved it. The next time I attempted to open it I would get a persistent " not responding message. How can I troubleshoot what is causing SW'17 not to respond.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
I'm trying to use a design table to model a family of screws. I have all of the physical traits worked out, but I'm running into issues with the display of a shaded cosmetic thread. The cosmetic thread feature tool has a drop down for thread size and I can't seem to figure out how to change that from the design table. If I select a thread, say #0-80, and move to another configuration, the #0-80 persists and causes an error if the screw size is out of range.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago