It is difficult to just select a dimension by clicking on it - especially angular dimensions. When I select a dimension, the only area that allows selection is the number itself, then it opens the small number input dialogue, as below !!!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
LRTM composites molds resources SWX mold tools are geared toward plastics injection. Are there any composites manufacturers on the forum who use SWX for designing LRTM molds?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 hours ago
Ok. So if you open assembly and show "this works" configuration you'll see SW handling ZTG geometry because when Part2 is extruded (feature "this works") there is ZTG created when it passes by Part1. Therefore the cavity function should have failed, but it didn't. Yeah!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 hours ago
Tags:none(add)sheet metal Content tagged with sheet metal
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
I made this Slot and Tab by means of showing and hiding the parts. I wish to know whether there is any other method to make this. I mean method that can distinguish overlapping faces and edges.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 hours ago
I've been trying what seems to be everything to make certain radius on a rib feature sharp corners. Please see my attached photos and model. Please help and any advice is greatly appreciated.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
I was searching for weldment ability to OFFSET from the path segment. I am new to Solidworks. In Inventor it has the ability to OFFSET from the path segment. So, there is no need to create another path segment.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
For a project we are busy designing a rotary block in which products are rotated 180 degrees. We started with 3D printing of this, but we encounter a design problem that we can not solve yet. To rotate the product with as little resistance and lifting as possible, we need the rotate curve to be as level as possible.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
recreating Hello, I have attached a part that I need to recreate as sheet metal. I have tried to import diagnostics but it failed. So I am trying to recreate it from scratch.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
I have encountered similar problems, but the image quality setting has always been successful. Re: Flex feature in twisting
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
changing View Orientation changes lighting I have one user that is having an odd issue, still looking into it, but thought I would throw it out here as well, difficult to dig through all knowledge base info.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
PARENT CHILD I am working with a part model (not an assembly) that didn't create but have to work with. there are two features that are tied together with a parent child relationship. when I unsuppress one feature, the other one unsupresses also (and vice versa). I would like to break the relationship without losing either feature.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 hours ago
As the title explains, Configuration Publisher doesn't showing dynamic updated values from Design table. The static values work fine but not the one which are dynamic or updates based on some selection. In the attached file, the design table Range F7:G7 updates based on the plane distance. The design table updates correctly but in Configuration Publisher, it shows one fixed/static value and doesn't update with any changes in F7:G7.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
Can you upload the file for further investigation? Typically, bends should only be applied to straight edge geometry. Some curved geometry will allow edge flanges to be created, but not the curved edges (or faces) created with a lofted bend. The rip where the curved geometry will be made square to meet the edge flange cannot be calculated, and is therefore not allowed.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
I found the reason of losing all virtual parts in my assemblies. It is Pack&Go command. After it, all virtual parts are lost in both assemblies, they become greyed out in feature tree after reopening of assembly. When I try to open virtual part I get the following message.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
How do I move more than one feature at a time? Seems to be limited to only one, which would be unnecessarily limiting. I thought maybe if I put multiples in a folder then I could move the one feature (a folder) but you can' move a folder at all. AM I missing something, if not are there any Solidwork-arounds?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
For a project I am making a new bonnet for a Caterham. In order to make the mold I need to make a plug from the solid model that I made. This requires filling the model that I have and then creating a shell of the inside. Ive tried many different ways of doing it including intersection and surface fills but I cant seem to get it to work.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I just open a new part, started a sketch and the dimensions are disproportional to the sketch. I checked the settings in document properties and they are not where near what is showing. The controls for the arrows work when they are changed, but if you look at the snips, the vertical height of the arrow is set at .04 inch on a dimension that is 2.66 inch, completely disproportionate.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
The model i am using to start the data base is named JJ-000-000, this is our specific numbering system for assemblies and that type of name is what the output file should look like. So during my test i created a field in to form call "Item Number" and input the value "XX-001-001". through all of the rules i set up the group of files should have been named the following. But what i get is JJ-000-000XX-001-001. with in the filename rules how do i delete the master filename and replace it with the
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am trying to learn and use the new structure system feature but I am having difficulties trimming secondary members. I am trying to use a secondary angle as a brace on to a primary UC member but the trim seems to terminate against the bounding box rather than the web of the UC. No combination of corner management options seems to yield a flush trim. Can anyone suggest anything here?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am attaching an image of error happening with me quite frequently. I am also attaching DXF of this parts which shows extra lines. That makes sense because those floating dimensions are not dangling.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I'm trying to have these highlighted semicircle extrusions (supposed to be representing hot glue) removed from this assembly. Also, just on a side note is there a reason why only one entity of this two entity extrusion mirrors over? I feel like I have done the plane correct.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
In our setup fo SW / PDM all library feature part don't update automatically when we check out the latest version of an assembly or even the part containing a sldlfp. We use this library to stock up machining features (custom holes, slots, notching...). But if the user does not do a "get latest" on the sldlfp folder every so often, when the part is opened the result is incorrect even if no error is prompted. Because the inserted library feature part refers to an older version saved on the local
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I can't save assembly custom properties templates, only part custom properties templates - any ideas? After creating my list of properties in the Property Tab Builder I go to file>save as the only file type I can select is .prtprp (for parts), there is no option for .asmprp (for assemblies).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago