Is there a way to disable the "Tab>Hide" feature in a Part document? Hitting the Tab key to hide a part is very useful in an assembly, but in a Part document, there is no reason to hide the part, and it often gets hidden by mistake when you Ctrl-Tab between screens. Right-click at the top of your monitor, choose "Customize" from the drop-down, go to the Keyboard tab, find the shortcut, and delete it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 minutes ago
In this video Cutting Tool is used without piercing with Helix/Spiral. I wish to know whether it is correct to do so. Lookingonlyat the image that you attached above - can you post image of youractual mechanism- something like this...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 minutes ago
Ok, I've been an idiot. I've not noticed the difference betweenFORMtools andFORMINGtools. I'm familiar with FORMING tools. It appears there is something else called a FORM tool, which doesn't seem to be documented very well, as it applied to the differences/similarities or why they have two things that have such similar names.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
This chain is a virtual part in an assembly file. Why does it show different color? if you are refereeing to the yellow file name - that is indicating that there is a warning in the file.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
We first gave the "Advanced Hole" wizard a try when in came out in 2017. We had zero success getting it to remember the favorites we would create, making the feature rather useless to us so we didn't really dig much farther into it. We figured we'd let Solidworks work the bugs out and try it again in 2018. Later learned of the complete lack of hole callout capability for holes created using Advanced Hole, and we were glad that we didn't spent too much time trying to use it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
Why cannot choose/use the assembly template while Form New Subassembly? This makes me have to copy Configuration Specific to the Subassembly. That is very annoying , Anybody can help with? Thanks
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
SOLIDWORKS Mold Making Beta Exam (earn free exam credit) For a limited time, you can help take the Mold Making Beta Exam and earn your Mold Making certificate if you take the exam, provide feedback, and pass the exam. For your help and contribution, a free exam credit of your choosing will be deposited into your VirtualTester account.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
I've been trying to split my part file into 2 parts and then assemble them back together as an assembly (the reason for this being that I need separate .stl files to print in multiple materials). For the uploaded file, the split function would split my part into 5 separate parts instead of what I want (and have done), which is to have 3 of the sections in one file and 2 of the sections in the other.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
First of all some background: I have the System Options -> Drawings "Mark all part/assembly dimension for import into drawings by default" option UNCHECKED as I like to model my part first then choose the dimensions that I want to show in the drawing (this saves time unmarking/hiding a lot of irrelevant dims for when I use Insert Model Items)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I'm currently having to go thru' a fairly large assembly done by somebody else that is full of weldments that all have this option turned. It taking forever to rebuild assembly and drawings.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
I spent a long time on the feature with the elbow hinge (all the features from Boss-Extrude4 and below) , then realised that I couldn't mirror them about the front plane. Is there anything I can do so that I can mirror them? I really don't want to CAD the same thing again on the other side.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
I want to mirror sub assembly from my existing assemby model with hand opposite part. My point is make part with same custom properties with parent part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
driveworks I have got a Solidworks assembly and Drivework rules stored in my computer. Now I want to move or copy them to another directory to enable my colleague to use it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 hours ago
cutlist change weight how can i solve this problem
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 hours ago
Need a DESIGN TABLE Configuration for assembly file with a minimum of 6 to 7 part files Tags:none(add)design table
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 hours ago
Weldment Profiles Description Change I have weldment profiles saved. But the description on the weldment profile is not fully available.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I keep forgetting to check the box every time I don't think there's a default that can be set. You'll just need to remember the check-box.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
We have models where we use a lot of HSS weldments (tens of thousands). We need to have the fillets modeled on the section profiles in the individual parts, however a simplified configuration (without fillets) could be used when opening the whole assembly to make the model lighter. 1.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
linking external excel with design table I am linking an external excel sheet with a design table that is auto created. But the problem is whenever I am changing the name of the folder containing both the part and excel, the link is not working any more.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
WOW!! That's freaky when you scroll the page up & down with the mouse wheel
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
Issues with graphics when mating? Hey everyone, I took a look through the existing articles, but couldn't see anyone who had experienced this problem. It's not actually me, but a coworker of mine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I am trying create female part to match with the male profile with 2mm clearance. Right now I was able to get male profile on the female part using Subtract command, but I cannot add 2mm clearance to it. (Please see the attached images below)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I found the reason of losing all virtual parts in my assemblies. It is Pack&Go command. After it, all virtual parts are lost in both assemblies, they become greyed out in feature tree after reopening of assembly. When I try to open virtual part I get the following message.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I need help with bending this profile. I am not able to control dimensions using flex option. ,circular profile
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago