Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
How to import a large assembly from .stp, and save it as a SolidWorks part? Import STEP file.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
Trouble with importing step assembly I recieve a lot of assemblies a step files, and for the most part it works fine. I drag and drop the file into SW2018 and when it opens save it as an assembly, which converts all of the included components to parts.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 hours ago
I have a question regarding exporting PDF's from SolidWorks. My company makes laser marking systems which use our software called Symbol Writer Pro. Customers are asking if they can make a drawing in SolidWorks, export PDF and use it in Symbol Writer Pro. In SolidWorks I simply made a new drawing with one square using "rectangle sketch" function.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 hours ago
I import a lot of files in either Step or Parasolid and have so for many years. The actual import part seems to work as expected in 2018 but what happens after looks like it has gone downhill big time, well at least for me anyway. Firstly removing appearances works initially but say you open up a assembly a day later somehow they have reverted back.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
.step import causing strange geometry When importing .step file into Solidworks 2017 it creates strange geometry and parts are in wrong places. Tried different settings but all work same way. eDrawings is opening step file correctly so file isn't corrupted etc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I cannot rescale it because there is no regular scale option. How I can rescale the size? I think it was mm in the model, but set to be inch during import.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Does anyone know how to import points from a table in excel into solidworks. I heard theres a way do do it with macros. I have an awesome excel spreadsheet with options to import points or lines to 2d or 3d sketches.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I've been having this strange issue with saving parts as STL files since using SolidWorks 2018, and I finally remembered to make screen captures so that I can ask about it here. This issue crops up roughly 40% of the time when I save a part as an STL file and it is driving me mad, because the only way I have found to 'fix' it is to close down SW and open my part again, so I hope someone here may be able to shed some light on why this is happening and what I can do to fix it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Imported File Renaming Convention SW needs to update their renaming convention when importing files. (Side note: I found in 2018 I have to export a STEP file to Parasolid, just to get parts to save from within the assembly...sigh). The part files all saved as "MZ175A21.STEP-1".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I want stress analysis of my chassis frame assembly in abaques but I do'nt know how to export whole assembly in abaques. I know part import in abaques . so is their any interface link solid works to abaques ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Here is a free macro, suitable for SW2005 and up, to export your models in Alias|Wavefront .obj format complete with .mtl and textures. The macro works with parts and assemblies and configurations.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
I see a lot here about going from SolidWorks into MasterCAM but the problem we have is this: The machinist imports the SW file into MC makes changes to accomodate tooling and then WE no longer have a valid drawing and can't find a way to bring it back into SW without having to completely redraw. This shortcoming has kept us from upgrading from SW07. How pray tell do I import a parasolid, iges or whatever back into SW and have anything I can work with?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Open Large .STP File I'm trying to open a large .stp file (.65 GB), and SolidWorks 2018 seems to hit a wall trying to open it. I have task manager open and it shows the RAM leveling off around 10 GB (out of 32), and the CPU keeps churning at about 90% but the part loads indefinitely.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
I have been having an issue with 2018 when exporting an stl. Using the same STL resolution settings that I have been using in 2015-16-17 which worked fine now take much longer to export. For instance a 25mb file would normally save in under 5 seconds.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Question about imported IGES file from Materialise Mimics software I was trying to use solidworks edit an imported IGES file which I exported from Materialise Mimics.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
When I save a file as DXF, the lines behind faces are exported too. I used to export a lot of files to DXF in SW16 and all the lines behind faces didn't show in DXF.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
is there a way to export to dxf and modify or add layers before saving. just trying to not have to open the dxf after exporting to change layers to save time. I think that you are going to have to create a mapping file.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
I converted a 3D dwg. file to solid works and now the file almost doubled in size. It originally was a SDS/2 drawing with structural steel. Right now its is a bunch of small surfaces and triangles. Is there anyway to clean this up and turn them back into solid object so the file isn't so big?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
I have solid works 2017 and receive IGS files from a customer. I can not convert the parts to sheet metal, because there are too many faulty faces and gaps. the bend radii in the corners often overlap, even though the sides are separated by a gap. at Import diagnostics, I get "the indicated face pierces through the solid" error on 20 faces in this model. I am new to Solidworks - what is the best way to fix these corners? is there a fast way to fix them all at once?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
I'm facing some problem when trying to import from Solidwoks to Revit. The situation is as follows: I have a file assembly of a mechanical equipment that i want to export into a Revit family.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
I am a little stuck on finding a quicker way of converting my 700ish STEP assembly files to individual STEP AP 214 files. Doing it manually i need to open the step file, save everything as an STL, open each part individually and get solidworks to recognize the features then save it as a step file. And Id rather not have to take months converting each one...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
I'm having trouble with models i receive from my customers. If i was to receive a model of a box and clicked on orientation, front the box is almost an isometric view. I changed the view orientation so that when i click normal to front face the view was flat to the front face but when i looked at the xyz axis in the bottom left corner of the screen it was at an angle.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
our systems engineer took it upon himself to upgrade to 2018 without telling or asking anyone (we work at a small company). now all of his designs are saved in 2018, but us with 2017 can't open his files unless they are converted to .STEP (losing all feature tree history... you all know the score). i just briefly looked at his system in the "save as..." dialog but couldn't find any options to save as a legacy type solidworks file. of course, he said that 2018 files were backwards compatible with
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago
For some reason i can not get dxf/dwg import wizard window when i open a auto cad file from solidworks 2018, can anybody help ? Jive Software Version: 2016.3.10.4, revision: 20180516024324.179277c.release_2016.3.10.4
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago