Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
For some reason, my Save As PDF doesn't do anything. It accepts my input and lets me change my file name and such and navigate to a directory, and then I click OK. Then nothing is output to the directory.....:/
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
I imported a bunch of .stp files with 3D interconnect enabled before i realized it was causing a problem for me. This created parts that have two "halves" or lines in the center of the parts. Is there a way to get rid of the lines or do I need to re import the parts with 3D interconnect disabled?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
I am trying to export a large amount of folders containing SW formats. I would like to save them to .dwg and .step. A SW windos pops up and.. thats all, I can't save via the file via the file tab.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 hours ago
I drag in step file and it doesn't load the file but when I do file open it does because of that my import step macro doesn't work too. solidworks 2018 sp4 I have been trying step files from different customers. it is weird when I do the file open and try drag in, it works. I need to do one time file open after opening solidworks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I can manually associate these to SolidWorks so they open in SolidWorks with a double-click (which is much more convenient than doing file > open > .stp > browse > select > open). But why do I need to do that? Why aren't they associated by default?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I'm just starting with SW. When I try to open a .ipt or .iam file, I get an error message saying the file was not found, invalid, locked or an incompatible type. What might the problem be?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Houw can I save only selected parts from various sub-assemblies from the main assembly? And eventually export them to an STL document. I can't export the whole document, because it is too large.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Importing multi-node linework into Solidworks In both illustrator and Draftsight (DXF) the linework has many breaks or nodes. When i bring this into Solidworks the nodes remain.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I'd like to present several projects I've been working on in Solidworks 2015 to my team. PowerPoint (I'm using Office 365) allows you to import 3D models into your presentation, but it seems it only support some formats: *.fbx; *.obj; *3mf;
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
Exporting files to STEP takes ages on SW 2109. I have no precise data for comparison, but I'm waiting for now 10 min to get an already simplified drawing exported. Also there is no progress bar, just a funny hourglass next to the taskbar icon, to make one aware of how far the process is. Another colleague in my office is having the same issue...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
Please increase ypur STL deviation and/or angular tolerance or increase the available memory for your system. Re: Due to the lack of available virtual memory your STL request has been terminated
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.0_jx, revision: 20181023165129.f60c7ba.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
I looks like importing has changed with this release, I noticed there is now an option to dissolve the relations to the original file. Tags:none(add)step import
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
From this link,2018 SOLIDWORKS Help - Support for JT Files in SOLIDWORKS, it says: Support for JT Files in SOLIDWORKS
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
Does anyone know if this is a SW issue or a GibbsCAM issue? My first thought is that maybe we just need to wait on a GibbsCAM update, or has Solidworks stopped supporting GibbsCAM - which is something very important we would need to know asap!?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
featureworks I am need of .sldprt files for an outside engineering company. I have a 3d solid model generated by AutoCAD. No intelligence, just plain jane extrusions, subtractions, revolves, etc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
I do a lot of sheet metal exports from parts to DXF without problem. Since a Week or so get systematic crash of SW, Never happened before. Have version 2017, no change in environment, machine or so.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
When exporting a SWDrawing to autocad the block names for items including the BOM Table and other tables is the same so if a SW exported dwg is copied into another dwg with also a exported SW exported dwg all the text and info in the newly copied in drawing is reverted to what is already there - hence giving all bom tables the same text is there an export function in SW that will break/explode the block reference and just make the tables text and lines so this double block reference issue doesn'
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
Je souhaite faire un import d'un fichier Parasolid (d'une carte électronique provenant de Altium). Message d'erreur à l'ouverture :
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
Rubén Rodolfo BalderramaJun 27, 2018 9:03 AM(in response to Igor Fomenko) As Ruben said, I think you're only missing a body or a surface to be able to export to IGES. I haven't seen many format export sketches(or at all for that matter, not that I have to). The process I've used is to create the desired curve then convert that to a Composite Curve by Selecting Insert, Curves, Composite, then selecting the curve.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
I'm looking to see if there is a way to turn off `only` the hidden tangent line when exporting to autocad dwg or dxf - i want to keep the external (exposed ) tangent lines only as they give a better representation of the part, but with hidden tangent lines seen creates a overly cluttered drawing - i do however want to maintain true hidden edge lines but only have this option if i turn off all tangent lines which is not what i'm after second is the `far side` (which is also hidden) tangent lines
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago