Like in the next 5-10 years, I guess. I'm doing a project for my high school and we have to ask other users of CAD software where they see the future of CAD going.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 minutes ago
How many times do you see a great thread get trashed or hijacked for various reasons and I'll take the "Stand" and say I'm the worst for doing that.. So when I'm acting stupid tell me to trash it here, get it?? Rants - Cheers - Pet Peeves - or your Aunt Lilly, bring it.. (More then likely the dumbest thread anybody started, but I tried to keep it stupid, stupid) - The Forum Moderators rules still apply, no obscene pics, raunchy language and personal attacks, those will be reported and deleted if
SOLIDWORKS Forums
44 minutes ago
I have two urgent questions. 1. I have three disjointed bodies that haven't been able to join, i have tried everything and i'm kind of desperate now.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
I am creating custom tubes that I can use for routing using a design table. I think I have the most important things down (ID and OD) but would love to add things such as bend radius and material. Can anyone help me with how to edit my table so this is included?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
I found this article and peaked my curiosity. What's your go-to music while you work?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
I have recently joined the forum and there is very few i know about this community so i thought of starting this discussion, as the title suggests you just have to share the most remembered moments on this forum, let me start with some. ->Dave Bearhad the surgery and make it out alive stronger then ever(and became the part of an elite group known as SOLIDWORKS POWER USERS )
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
Since upgrading to Solidworks 2018 i have had a rather annoying and extremely time consuming bug that is impacting my productivity. On occasion after adding 30+ parts to an assembly or drawing up 5 - 10 pages of drawings i realise that 'ctrl + s' has been doing nothing the entire time I've been working. If i click 'file > save' or 'file > save as', solidworks does absolutely nothing. Its as if it has forgotten how to save.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
Thread Disconnection Is there a way to be removed from a discussion thread?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Being Excited somehow get you in troubleI upgraded SW 2017 SP5 to SW 2018 SP3, because of excitement I forgot to deactivate my network license, so after installation I run the SW but everything crashed, about two hours talking to my VAR to fix the problem. Lessoned Learn. First make sure all borrowed network licensereturned to the server then deactivate your network license before upgrading your SW.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Non-technical Thread: Favorite Quotes Let's try to keep this thread on topic. Just post your favorite quotes.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 hours ago
I have a couple of top-level large assemblies pinned to my Recent Documents list. When I went to open one, and another user already has it open, it offers me to open a copy. I decline this.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 hours ago
To summarize a quote fromMatt Peneguyin a response below: This isadvice, not instruction. Nobody is telling you that you haveto do something, but this is a way to getbetter responses. I just wanted to consolidate some of the most important threads for new people.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
Well, nothing much to say except that I just wanted to thank you all for your help, guidance, laughter, friendship, patience and understanding over the last two years. I'm having my surgery on Sunday and as with most neurosurgery (or any surgery for that matter) the outcome is never definite. Without sounding like bleeding hearts, mine is a little bit more complicated as well and has a small trial element to it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
Why oh why does SolidWorks include an Autorecover option when invariably it does not work, or only gives autorecover data for just about every part except the one you changed before the program crashed?? Does anyone have any hints or tips on improving the reliability of this feature, or has it just been included as a secondary slap in the face in case the twelfth crash of the day hasn't pi55ed you off enough.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
Hongkong reseller bump up the Solidwork Standard price to U$8K ( Hongkong $62,000) and forced to buy 3 yeas update Subscription Service in a bundle sell , made the loweast price first time purchase as ridiculously higher as U$14,193- ( Hongkong $110,000 -) even the Solidwork Standard price already much more higher , you can't buy Solidwork Standard alone without Subscription Service .
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
They are engineering services provider company.. they wanna convert 2018 sldprt files should be open in 2008 solidworks. is there any method to make compatible with solidworks2008 if you do a search or backwards compatibility, you'll find the answer is, you will not be able to get a 2018 file into 2008 with a feature tree intact. You can however save as a X_T (parasolid).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
is it sw 2018 sp3 files could open by sw 2017 sp5? Budi Setiawan SetiawanJul 16, 2018 4:50 AM(in response to Budi Setiawan Setiawan) i mean: is it sw 2018 sp3 filescould openedby sw 2017 sp5?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 hours ago
engineering procedures info? Any good sources, blogs, literature, etc that give a good overview on how to efficiently run an engineering department including documentation, procedures, etc.?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 hours ago
So, we have this discussion about impressive SW tricks: Let's make another thread to capture the little things your co-workers/clients/customers do with SOLIDWORKS that bring thoughts of violence. Extra points if there's nothing technically wrong (see item 2 below) with what they've done but if you were in charge of the universe it would earn them a one-way trip into another dimension.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
CSWP exam question Hello, I want to know if I take CSWP exam how many days takes until the results come out?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Good Morning Everyone, As you may or may not know, our buddyDave Bearunderwent a serious surgery over the weekend.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Non-technical Thread: Furry Friends Sometimes you just want to share a picture of your pets (Whatever you may call them: Furry Friends, Fur-kids, Interns, and so on.)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am creating a DriveWorksXpress program to automate an assembly design. I have 31 captured models and 157 rules. I have filled out all of the rules but DriveWorks still thinks there are four rules missing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I' like to see all the system options for 2018 so I can check them against my 2015. Is there a location/blog that might have such a list? Tags:none(add)system options
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago