SWIFT = SolidWorks International Forum Team How many times do you see a great thread get trashed or hijacked for various reasons and I'll take the "Stand" and say I'm the worst for doing that.. So when I'm acting stupid tell me to trash it here, get it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 minutes ago
Why...does SolidWorks, when I initiate a cut, more often than not go away from the part and give me the "intended cut does not intersect the model?? If the software knows where the model is, why doesn't it default to the valid direction??
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
Sometimes a component is made with an external reference, then we go in and break the reference to the othercompenent. HOWEVER the part is still referencing that other component. How can this link be completely destroyed so these external references (even broken ones) stop confusing our PDM by existing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
Coolest print? Dumbest print? Biggest headache? Most egregious use of printer at work (think photocopying your butt at the office party)?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
Does anyone else have a massive problem with losing concentric and coincident mates when using faces as selections? many of my models are imported step files that were created in pro engineer and exported as a step file. Consequently the files are full of minor import errors. As I have no time to correct every single import error in thousands of parts i have to leave them as they are.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
Buying a pc from craigslist which already tells you how acquainted I am with this topic. The same guy has the above two options for $500. Which one do you think is better? Also, am I better off building one myself?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
We had a great event last night, our 3rd Annual SLUGME (SOLIDWORKS Largest User Group Meeting Ever) was a HUGE success! SwugOne (Lincoln, Nebraska)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 hours ago
Our good buddyKameron Smithdesigned these fantastic shirts so that we can let everyone know that we are a part of the SOLIDWORKS User Group Community, AND we took part in the SOLIDWORKS Largest User Group Meeting Ever (SLUGME). Aren’t part of a User Group . . . no problem, find one near you and check ‘em out -SolidWorks User Group Networkhttp://swugn.org/swugn/directory.htm
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
Thanks for the heads up, it was released last week when I away attending a SW launch event and could not get he time out to post about it over weekend. So working on my quick post at the moment You can check the fixed SPR here (lookout for 2018 SP 5 EV)Service Pack Maintenance Notes
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
I have all my music on an external hard drive. Streaming here is a big island no-no except for youtube. Both of these are likely to be taken away soon too (IT nazis).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Non-technical Thread: Favorite Quotes Let's try to keep this thread on topic. Just post your favorite quotes.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 hours ago
Some people have been asking about when my new book is going to be available. I've got a new blog post that explains what's going on and gives a actual date when you should be able to get one of your own.New Book – Mastering SolidWorks How did I miss this update.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
Line converted into Axis In this video line is converted into axis to have a circular pattern. Line alone circular pattern is possible.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
Non-technical Thread: Furry Friends Sometimes you just want to share a picture of your pets (Whatever you may call them: Furry Friends, Fur-kids, Interns, and so on.)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
fraction macro Looking for simple macro to change decimals to fraction while in a drawing. to the 64th don't want the whole drawing to change, just the ones I pick
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
Certified Additive Manufacturing Associate (CSWA-AM) exam Certified Additive Manufacturing Associateexam announced at SOLIDWORKS World 2018, is already available on theSOLIDWORKS Certificationpage.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
I want to model a part for 3D printing for High School project. Shrinkage value of the printing material is 0.001 ~ 0.002 inch (if I can remember correctly). I was asked to ignore the shrinkage value when dimensioning the sketch. Is it advisable?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
We just upgraded from SW2015 to SW to SW2017. Now all of my .p2m appearance files are no longer transparent and embedded in my parts. They show up as individual items in my project folder. When I move my files to the release directory these files do no move with it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
Please find below steps just in case you are unable to use functionalities like Design table, Equations, Macros, etc. properly on SW below 2016 which were on 32 bits. Please let me know if you face any more issues. As working with Reseller helps in understanding, so same will help us out together.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
The reason I ask is that I believe SolidWorks runs dimension input through some type of VBA interpreter in order to actually do the math. For example, if you type in application.sldworks.activedoc.gettype
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 hours ago
Hi everyone. I have been using draftisght for about a year now and recently started having a problem with editing text boxes. When I double click on a textbox to edit the text draftisight auto zooms in on the textbox. Then when I click outside the textbox it auto zooms back out.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Hi all. I've tried my hardest to find a solution to this issue on these forums, but nothing is fully helping (though there is a lot of helpful advice on here!). I'm hoping someone out there may have a suggestion for a fix I've yet to try.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago