Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Anyone know how to get R410A as a predefined gas and/or liquid? is it included in the HVAC Module? Quick search in the SolidWorks KB:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
I am trying to create flow simulation of existing fan design. I have real-life lab test that I like to compare the accuracy of this simulation, but the result is far different from real-life test. Below is my summery of test:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I tried to do flow simulation on the airfoil. 2d analysis. I developed the image as shown above. It is an external flow. if everything is correct.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
first let me say sorry for my englisch. I`m a German student and I`m working on a projekt for my Thesis. The task is to simulate the thermal situation of an industrial camera with flow simulation 2018.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I just started to learn Flow simulation. I want to run a flow simulation with different reynolds number. my sketch is a 1m pipe Siavash KhajehhasaniAug 1, 2018 9:46 AM(in response to Iruthayaraju Andrews) Solidworks Flow comes with "Validation Examples" which are installed on your machine under the path for Flow.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Hi guys i am new to solidworks Flow simulation, I am performing natural convection, transient simulation in a closed enclosure, i understand that the progress bar shows the percentage of convergence happened, but in my case the solver has run 600 iterations but still my progress Barr is empty and no percentage and criterion is displayed. I have two heat source in closed enclosure, one volumetric and other surface heat source. i have made goals for both Maximum for Temperature.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
I was wondering how can I remove the green triad sign, which I automatically get when I load the Flow Simulation Add on. I posted a similar topic, and in the end people determined that this green triad is not an Origin, nor Coordinate system nor Mass properties sign:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
Seeking guidance on setting up FLOW sim on a shell & tube chiller evaporator. Purpose of the test is to create a base-case control model for comparison to a new tube design. My model has a fluid subdomain for the water flow through the tube side.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Hi - I am doing a simple vertical heated flat plate flow simulation but I'm not getting the results that I expected - please see screen shot. I wouldn't expect the coldest temp to be towards the top ? I've attached my model.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Im just testing the new VOF feature on Flow Simulation. Everything seems to work fine but there is simething I don't catch. In a ship hull simulation, How is water level set to fit hull water line ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I am very new to CFD (Student), and wanted to learn it for the fun of it. I've made a fin and tube condenser coil, and I tried to do a simple CFD on it, but I keep getting 3 warnings. 1.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
Has anyone ever dealt with this issue and/or know how to correct this? I have a fluid model (most info is proprietary) and it properly shows the fluid subdomain I created but it stops it short of the lid. The features sizes in my model are very small.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
I'm trying to determine the flow rate of water through some complicated geometry and I'm getting the above warning. I've seen this before and managed to fix the issue. However in this case, the error does not seem applicable. I've set goals for inlet and outlet flow with only outlet used for convergence.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
I'm fairly new to SolidWorks Simulation Flow. I'm having trouble trying to put together a simulation flow through my heat sink using DC blower fans. I can't properly set up lids to do a boundary property with the inflow of the DC flowers and then properly set the out flow.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
High Reynolds number modeling I am doing validation modeling of drag in immersed flow of air over a streamlined body, however, I am interested in high Reynolds number flow (i.e. 20e6). As I understand it, the turbulence model flow sim uses is validated either to 6e6 (Bill McEachern's comment in this threadhttps://forum.solidworks.com/thread/20131) or 8e6 (Bill McEachern's comment in this threadhttps://forum.solidworks.com/thread/57334).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
I am trying to read some of the white papers available on the SW website (Fluid Flow Simulation | White Papers | SOLIDWORKS
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I was doing an internal flow analysis when I encountered the "Mass flow is out of fan curve's range" warning message. My analysis involved an electronic enclosure with several electronic components and 3 internal fans. The warning is showing on 1 of the fan.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Hi! Can someone help me, please .. I intend to do a 2D flow analysis of a wing with flaps assembly, but in defining the dimensions of the computational domain I've encountered a problem: the computational domain coordinate system does not correspond to the wing sketch coordinate system. So my question is how can I set the two coordinate systems so they fit?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I am putting together an internal flow simulation problem for air flow entering some pipes at a particular volumatric flow rate and exiting to the normal atmosphere. I've done problems like this before and always set up the boundary conditions the same as I'm doing now, but for some reason it is not allowing me to do so and I am constantly getting "face "whatever"-lid is not laying laying on the boundary region between solid and fluid region. It's set up as internal flow, tried one side with
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
One of my customer asked me that shall we do die cast flow simulation in solidworks..i was searched in net but i didnt find correct answer,can anyone tell me the suggestion Can SOLIDWORKS® Flow Simulation simulate the flow of molten aluminum?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Cannot find corresponding .cpt file when loading .fld file I have setup and run a basic flow simulation on Solidworks 2017 on a Windows 10 machine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Greetings. I am trying to simulate the process of heating water on a stove, with the end goal being the heat flux through the sheet metal pan below the burner/flame. I already have empirical test results which capture pan temperature vs. time which I have been using to ground my simulations in reality. So far, they are not grounded.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Flow simulation I am trying to simulate nozzle droplet distribution. I already made a nozzle but during flow simulation it showed that "the model is not watertight".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Flow simulation through filter I'm trying to simulate the flow of CO2 gas through a metalic filter that is placed at the inlet of the vessel, but the results that i get doenst look reliable. I want to see how is the flow through the filter and the pressure drop at the outlet of the vessel.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago