Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Hello all, i found out that a componenten which is at the end of a wire has another behavior if you want to move it than if a component is within the wire. Does anyone knows something about that topic? Technically it is the same behavior.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
Another style is two connector halves shown mated together like below. In both these cases I need the BOM to show two components, the male side and the female side (the associate shield blocks and actual pins/sockets are another story). Also in both these cases I want continuity from wire end to end.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
I believe you are referring to the Title Block? You can either right click on a page in the Document browser, TitleBlock>Open Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
The customer I'm working for uses AutoCAD for everything, so their standard is a black background. I set SWE to have a black background so that everything would look the same when it's exported as DWGs later. But in the meantime, I want to send PDFs, except they have a white background, which makes it almost impossible to see anything that's been drawn:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Component Marks without Root This is something that I have been struggling with over the last couple of days and can't find a proper solution to. I am trying to figure out a way to generate a unique ORDERNO for each component based on the combination of its FUNCTION_TAG & LOCATION_TAG.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Now, place your contractor, but click on the rail. It will put the insertion point of the contractor on the imaginary line from the rail insertion point going horizontally (works in the vertical too and the symbol will auto-rotate. I don't use SWE.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I'm trying to figure out a lot about this program and I wish there was more help out there in you tube world, here or when I went to class something. So I ran my report for my BOM and I'm getting parts that have been listed at Permanent component, I don't understand why this is happening. Is there away to remove those permanent components? I have looked under the filter and lets just say I don't get it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Are origin/destination arrows used to go only from one sheet to the next, or can they be used to go from a Mixed Scheme System Layout to a Wiring Diagram? My electrical/wiring diagrams are usually not more than 1 page - and my other pages, always link in - the standard user isn't intimately involved with electrical, so I figured it would be more user friendly to link my mixed scheme/system layout with my wiring diagram. ...but if your work-around/fix isn't worth it, I can always make a symbol,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
If I have a part with multiple symbols, say a pcb or a connector, and I have associated them together, how do I show where all the fragments of the component are? On my interconnect, I insert "dummy" panel mount connectors (which have no connection points), and I associate them to the panel mount connectors J1 and J5 in their appropriate location boxes. That way I get the tag, signal name and mating part number reference.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I was trying to resolve an issue with SolidWorks Electrical when I noticed a setting under the Project Configuration called "Separator for mark path" with the options or . Does anybody know what this does? I can't seem to find anything about it in the SolidWorks documentation.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I'm able to successfully create a user defined part, but for instance I have a single terminal block which has "control" and "feedback" D-SUB connectors for multiple axes. Initially I've adopted the following convention for the "marking", but it is a bit cumbersome. Is there a better way?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I am facing an Issue with respect to ERP Database connection when i try to connect using Custom ERP Database (Not the default Solidworks Database) However when I Open Manufacturing Parts manager and then Search for Parts (Using Reference and Manufacturer)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I am new to Solidworks electrical and just started working with version 2019. I want to change the location of the application data to a server path. The software asks for a restart for the change to take effect. After I restart, the path is returns to the default setting.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Well, dimension 9 is a dynamic dimension, it adjusts based on how many pins you have selected for the connector you are drawing. So that portion is always changing. The bottom dimension you are looking for is just a sum of the filet radius and dimension 1, you'd have to experiment to see how that adds up.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
If I have a circuit, and I drop a connector on to the wires (dynamic connector hypothetically), I want one half of the connector to be labeled CF1 and the other half CM1. Essentially keeping the female and male halves of the connectors always numbered the same. The female connector 1, always goes with the male connector 1.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
Renumber Documents incorrectly handling formula Just going through some processes and attempted to renumber some books to update their naming to follow a new convention and found something odd in the application of marks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 days ago
Everytime we start SW Electrical the data update wizard opens. Looking at it further it wants to update some BidXls template files. These files are empty no data in them. How can we make these popups stop?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
Creating cables between different symbol types? We can create and detail cables between line-diagram symbols. awesome.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
manufacturer Maybe I am not understanding your question correctly. But a "symbol" does not hold the MFG data. That is pulled from the MFG part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
Hi all, was hoping someone could help solve this issue with the resolution on the detailed cabling window in SWE. I've looked around for answers but nothing yet. Any help is appreciated. I've attached a screen shot.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
Solidworks Electrical weird routing results I have been testing Solidworks Electrical for a while now and made ~80% of first project - made most of the electrical schematics (2D). Because of setbacks with 3D Electrical which I explained in posthttps://forum.solidworks.com/thread/210094I couldn’t make any progress with 3D.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago
HYPER PASSING CIRCUITS Anyone have any tips or trick on using hyper passing circuits? I have a filtered terminal block that is shown on two pages.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
I have followed many tutorials about how to route electrical harnesses on SW 3D and have created the routes and flattened them with annotations and lengths in the BOM tables. I have also exported these to a drawing in SWE which is very nice. The one very important thing that doesn't seem to work is the lengths being updated in the report in SWE. Most of the tutorials showed this just magically happening once they returned to SWE from 3D.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
SolidWorks Electrical: Hidden Attributes We seem to be having an issue where some 2D Layout symbols show up with the attributes hidden on the symbol and they manually have to be unhidden. But for other symbols they work fine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago