Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I am trying to setup my title block for terminal block drawings and was wondering how I could automatically generate the schematic number and description from the original schematic. Essentially referencing where they should look for the overview. To further clarify my terminal block schematic number is 06 and I want to reference the AC distribution schematic 02. I have looked at the attributes available but I'm not sure if any of those do this.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
How can I represent the connection of the auxiliary contact with the circuit breaker, they are not connected by wire? Tags:none(add)solidworks electrcal
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 hours ago
Alright if there's any code wizards out there I've got one for you. For our BOMs we show a length column, which for most items doesn't apply to most electrical components except for din rail and wiring duct. Does anyone know a way to return a blank value or empty cell if the BOM length is zero?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
NEWBIE COMPLAINTS I am assuming that SolidWorks is listening here, so as a SWE Newbie, but Oldbie on both Solidworks regular, and AutoCAD regular and Electrical, I have some really day to day basic complaints about this software that seem really easy to fix.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Origin-destination arrows automatically generate coordinates for their counterparts on a drawing. For example, an arrow will have an attribute 02 - (5B) to show that it leads to page 2, column 5, row B. I would like to add these coordinates in the BOM report to locate components' associated symbols (e.g. show that part # 9034-00230 is at 02-(8H) and 03-(10P)).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I created a single phase L1 wire style with 14AWG L1, N, and Gnd. When I tried to Source/Destination it to a 14AWG wire that was drawng individually, it was rejected because the wire types didn't "match". I tried this using "Groups" as well. What I would like to do is link existing wire types together for phase lines and ultimately, frequently used cables, and still be able to source/destination them with the SWE tool.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
SWE 2017 also has issues with RomansS fonts from AutoCadE. Is there any workaround besides converting every text box into RomansN? Very time consuming to try to migrate our files to solidworks electrical from autocad electrical.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Do I have to create a single symbol? Create circuit breaker as Base and auxiliary contact as auxiliary?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
We are using the full SolidWorks Electrical 2D and 3D package. When you put multiple instances of a library part into an assembly, for example if you have three 20A circuit breakers, SWE gives these parts all a unique name in the 3D assembly, like H05021, H05031, H05041, etc. When you are in the 3D assembly and right click and select the properties icon, you get the following screen shot, and can see the "Component Name" as H05031 in this case, as you see below.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
We recently "upgraded" to SWE 2015 and are giving the 2D version a trial before diving into the 3D for our department. I have a list of issues and have tried to reach out to our VAR, but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on the following.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
My wire gauge and color labels are coming in like this "8 AWG Green-yellow" or "12 AWG White". Can I change the designated label for the color, (which I assume is connected to the drop-down color selection in the wire definition dialog) to something shorter like GRN-YEL and WHT? (so the resulting label would be "8 AWG GRN-YEL", etc)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
I have a USB hub as a black box symbol that I am connecting via USB A-B (an off the shelf cable assembly) to another black box symbol with a mating USB port. In the schematic. Previously I have inserted a connector on each end and done the individual wires (5). I am wondering if anyone has done this so it is essentially 1 wire with the cable assembly part number that still translates nicely into the 3D environment.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I created a "Narrow" text style with a width factor of .8. I assigned that style to my #REF_REF attribute (mfg pn) for my one line symbol template because a lot of my part numbers are very long. The text style does not seem to apply in the symbol. (some properties do, like upside down, which is a checkbox.)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I am having trouble installing SolidWorks. We have a site license and I copied the installation files to my local computer. I also tried installing from the network drive and got the same error.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
manufacturer Hey folks, where can you change the information listed in the manufacturer data section for a symbol? Maybe I am not understanding your question correctly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
I am attempting to create an electrical schematic for some harnesses. I finished the single line diagram and now am having trouble associating the harness schematics to the single line diagram. In the harness schematic I am associating the connectors with the correct manufacturing component.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
Last week we updated from Solidworks 2017 SP2 to Solidworks 2018 SP3. My PC got a clean Windows 10 1803 x64 install, and Solidworks and Solidworks Electrical was installed completely clean.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
formula variable list Is there a list of variables that can be used to compute marks? Is there a variable for the contract number project property?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
Every time I search for a manufacturer part or cable reference, the search tool already has filters in it that I don't need (i.e. the seach tool already has the class "Connectors" specified, the cable references search tool already specifies "size standard" as mm^2 which is a real problem since we only use AWG). I have to click "remove filters" for every single search I make. Over time, this has costed me hours of extra button pressing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago
In placing nameplates for devices on a panel enclosure layout, is there a way to set up the part to automatically generate a separate symbol on the page with the detail of what is on the nameplate? I'm thinking of some kind of attribute for the main part. Can I create custom attributes to use on a part?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
It doesn't appear on symbols where there is more than one connector. Jive Software Version: 2016.3.10.4, revision: 20180516024324.179277c.release_2016.3.10.4
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
I think the question is pretty straightforward. I'd like to add balloons and callouts on an Electrical BOM into which I have pasted a screenshot of the model.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
28 days ago
SolidWorks Electrical Slowing Down After upgrading from SolidWorks Electrical 2014 to 2016 my group and I saw a drastic decrease in performance in the software. Old projects could take a couple minutes doing almost any task, like moving a wire.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
28 days ago
I am having issues with the terminal blocks in my project. I initially started by adding terms individually for each of my signals going to terms. For example, I have a bank of Power Supplies, and on the outputs I added terminals for example:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago