Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I think the question is pretty straightforward. I'd like to add balloons and callouts on an Electrical BOM into which I have pasted a screenshot of the model.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
SolidWorks Electrical Slowing Down After upgrading from SolidWorks Electrical 2014 to 2016 my group and I saw a drastic decrease in performance in the software. Old projects could take a couple minutes doing almost any task, like moving a wire.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
I am having issues with the terminal blocks in my project. I initially started by adding terms individually for each of my signals going to terms. For example, I have a bank of Power Supplies, and on the outputs I added terminals for example:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
It gives me some options for fields to link to, but only a few of the many that I have bound in the report. I'm not sure how get any useful ones to show up. According to the help, it used for selecting an ID in te query to be used for navigation. i.e. if the query has available file_id, then you can select this ID for navigate to specifi file.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I am using SolidWorks Electrical for the first time and am having trouble finding a catalog with MIL spec cables and wires. Could anyone point me in the direction of one? I am hoping to build up my library so I don't have to create these wires/cables every time.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Is there a way to associate two cable cores connected to the same point? The black and blue wires cant be associated to a cable since there already one cable core associated at that point
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Can I display the "connection points" on components but not print them? I still want to see connection dots on wires. Project>Configuration>Graphics, I hit the drop down to "never" when I want to print, otherwise I use one of the other options to show them when I'm doing a drawing, that's how I handle it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
In placing nameplates for devices on a panel enclosure layout, is there a way to set up the part to automatically generate a separate symbol on the page with the detail of what is on the nameplate? I'm thinking of some kind of attribute for the main part. Can I create custom attributes to use on a part?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I have a cable assembly I've created that I want to use in another project that exists in our system...simple enough I just copy (CTRL+C) from one project and paste (CTRL+V) into the other. I've done this a hundred times in the past with no problem but now it doesn't work anymore... However now, there's issues all over, hard to see any real pattern but it appears:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
After dragging & dropping a symbol from symbol manager in multi-line schematic and after assigning a manufacturing part to it, the terminal numbers are not displayed in the multi-line schematic window For example if i drag & drop a relay symbol as shown below
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
I need to change/edit default wire names used in SWE For example, if wire colour is violet I want to edit as Purple as we have some company standards to follow.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Have you ever seen like this? Look in the downloads section on the customer portal. There is an EPLAN Macro converter there.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
manufacturer Hey folks, where can you change the information listed in the manufacturer data section for a symbol? Maybe I am not understanding your question correctly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
I'm having an strange issue where wire numbers are not being consistently created because of something to do with cross references. Sometimes wire number are created based on the first page (which is ideal), but sometimes they are based on their position on the later page where the cross reference leads to. The pictures above is located on page 003, so the wire numbers on the right are correct, the ones on the left seem to be numbered based on page 013.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
The company I'm at will be switching most of its CAD over to PTC products (i.e. Creo) and I have been looking into our options for electrical CAD. I had not been able to find much info on compatibility between Creo/Windchill and SWE or a suitable alternative in the PTC software suite. However, my manager recently came across elecworks for PTC Creo ... which looks exactly like SWE. After some searching we found out that SWE was originally a white-labeled elecworks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 days ago
In my schematics, I often have a black wire running parallel with a white wire. Both of these look like black lines in Solidworks Electrical, so it's hard to tell which wire is black or white. Is there a good way to differentiate these two and still have the schematic be readable when printed?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
SWE 2018 SP2 is returning a pipe ( | ) symbol instead of a comma in my BOM table. It was not doing this in 2017 and I did not edit any default settings. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
So I am unclear what creates/enables the green borders in panel layouts. In addition to the box, it looks like footprints with the green also gain opaque properties which makes them easier to see over the rail behind them. So in the example below, CR429, SCR328 and 331 all have the border. SR348 and 325 don't.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Origin-destination arrows automatically generate coordinates for their counterparts on a drawing. For example, an arrow will have an attribute 02 - (5B) to show that it leads to page 2, column 5, row B. I would like to add these coordinates in the BOM report to locate components' associated symbols (e.g. show that part # 9034-00230 is at 02-(8H) and 03-(10P)).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Wire labels unavailable We recently purchased electrical schematic standard 2018 (sp2) after a trial using professional 2016 (unknown sp). After unarchiving the environment from the trial, I found the add/remove wire label option to be grayed out.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Wire Label Problems So I have seen previous discussions about how equipotentials do not become wires unless connected and that wire labels do not become available unless a wire is formed. However, I am unable to get a wire label in this case and it looks to me like this equipotential is fully connected.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have a folder with a project that is not archived and I need to open it in solidworks electrical. Can you help me? Thank you in advance for your reply
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Solidworks Electrical with large monitor Hello, I would like some recommendations on getting a large [32"]
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
We recently upgraded to SolidWorks Electrical 2018 and we seem to be having a small issue with our PLC symbols now. We had configured our automatically generated PLC symbols so that there was NO cross reference and the top and bottom but now the cross reference shows up (Picture below) and I can't remember how I got it to go away in the first place. I know that they can be hidden on a case by case basis but I would prefer they don't show up in the first place.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago