Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Hi all, was hoping someone could help solve this issue with the resolution on the detailed cabling window in SWE. I've looked around for answers but nothing yet. Any help is appreciated. I've attached a screen shot.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 hours ago
manufacturer Maybe I am not understanding your question correctly. But a "symbol" does not hold the MFG data. That is pulled from the MFG part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 hours ago
Solidworks Electrical weird routing results I have been testing Solidworks Electrical for a while now and made ~80% of first project - made most of the electrical schematics (2D). Because of setbacks with 3D Electrical which I explained in posthttps://forum.solidworks.com/thread/210094I couldn’t make any progress with 3D.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 hours ago
HYPER PASSING CIRCUITS Anyone have any tips or trick on using hyper passing circuits? I have a filtered terminal block that is shown on two pages.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have followed many tutorials about how to route electrical harnesses on SW 3D and have created the routes and flattened them with annotations and lengths in the BOM tables. I have also exported these to a drawing in SWE which is very nice. The one very important thing that doesn't seem to work is the lengths being updated in the report in SWE. Most of the tutorials showed this just magically happening once they returned to SWE from 3D.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
SolidWorks Electrical: Hidden Attributes We seem to be having an issue where some 2D Layout symbols show up with the attributes hidden on the symbol and they manually have to be unhidden. But for other symbols they work fine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Creating cables between different symbol types? We can create and detail cables between line-diagram symbols. awesome.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Could Solidwork Electrical 2D schematic present that some wires splited from one bundle cable and then connect to different terminal? As below picture. I do this by just using Origin Destination Arrows for each connection, then draw a thicker line with the Draw command between those points.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I am attempting to run wires cable in Solidworks Electrical 3D. I've built up a project SW Electrical, complete scheme with wires defined with diameters, etc. I've placed all the connectors in a SW Assembly. Created a route path drawing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
When I start Solidworks Electrical 2018 SP4, I get the error: "Cannot connect to database. Please verify connection parameters:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
FIXING ELECTRICAL SYMBOL Is there away to fix a electrical symbol without having to remove all connections? I have a symbol that I made and I didn't put in two circuits I would like to be able to go in and fix this without having to wipe out all connections and start over.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
I'm having trouble with 2d part overlaps after upgrading to 2018 SP4. My relay symbols are supposed to nest together at the tab, but one will block out part of the next one, see picture. I was able to fix this problem in 2016, but cannot remember how I got these to not cover each other before.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
Hello I'm a newbie of Solidworks Electrical. i would like to know if there is an easy way to import a connector (or a general component), from an sldprt file? Riccardo, the short answer is that any .sldprt can be made to work with SOLIDWORKS Electrical, you can run the "Electrical Component Wizard" in Electrical 3D with an open part. With the Wizard, you define where the connection points are located, mapping them to the circuits/terminals on your part as it sits in your Electrical schematic
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
Can you be a little more specific what you're looking for? Are you assessing the software? Are you a new user and wanting to get it working properly?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
When trying to create a new project the following comes up that there is no project template. I am also having problem getting the necessary choices to appear in my left tab (documents Box) under my project names to carry out any sort of work. Not sure if the two problems are linked either?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
Under Title Blocks Manager I created a new title block with 20 rows and under the title block properties I set "number of first row" to 1. However, on my drawings the first row is number 4, and each row increments by either 4 or 5. Any ideas on what I did wrong?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
I copied the contents of the XML file, it wouldn't let me attach it. It's just a standard BOM the comes with the software changed a bit to better suite my companies needs. As well the description for the parts is my companies naming convention so we can find it better on our end.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
How does one specify a string value in a SQL query for SWE? My query works in server management studio using ' to specify a string but it will not take in SWE. See my query below
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
Hello everyone Hello everyone I would like to use external components in my schematic such as omron driver or pilz safety relay Where can I find such components For now I just want to know where I can find them or I should create them my self Thanks in advance
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
What are the minimum system requirements for solidworks electrical? I am experiencing extremely slow performances and very frequent hanging on SW electrical while working on a project with two other people. I am the only person experiencing problems. Might my computer be inadequate for solidworks electrical?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
Displaying Connectors I am curious how others are displaying their connectors in SWE. I have been using the dynamic connector for everything but it lacks in giving a good representation of what the connector actually looks like.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
Okay I'm working on my schematic and making my own blocks, put my connections in but when I try (sometimes) to place a wire it won't stay connected. It just disappears but will wire to other connection. The missing connection is at B1 it won't stay connected and I don't know why.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
is there any documentation or comparision chart or information of solidworks electrical package vs eplan vs e3? ,solidwork electrical
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
Manifold symbols I have been working on hydraulic system schematics that has 4 or 5 manifolds in it. And I am ready with single wire schematics in control mode of Solidworks electrical.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago