Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
ecourses broken I'm trying to take advantage of free online eCourses but they keep freezing in the middle of a lesson. Extremely frustrating.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
53 minutes ago
In older versions of solidworks, when a file was created it gave the author as the person who was logged in to the computer. I have noticed on a newer version that you have to manually add your name in as the author, and it only shows the name of the person who saved it last. Is there a way to find out who originally created the file, by opening in a test editor or someother way?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
solidworks electrical I would like to learn this tool, but I have very little information that would be possible if someone in the community could provide tutorials or support material.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Recently I bought a brand new laptop and attempted to install SolidWorks 16 from my educational institution via an ISO file. I am not sure why, but every time I try to install it I receive this error message: The executable file "G:64bitVSRemoteDebuggerinstall.exe" /q did not install successfully. I try to install the install.exe of the VSRemoteDebugger via the command line and it tells me I can't install this app on this pc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
solidworks electrical me gustaría aprender esta herramienta peor poseo poca información seria posible que alguno en la comunidad me pudiera facilitar tutoriales so material de apoyo
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Recently I have taken my CSWA - Simulation exam. In the exam one of my question is asked to compute the displacement and stress at a point in Y - direction, where I got a negative displacement. Do I need to enter the value with a negative sign or do I need to enter with the positive sign.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I get this message when I select to download version 2018-2019 using the parameters spelled out in the EAA email I received. I cleared out the SW install manager and tried again... get the same message - what file should I delete to get passed this message? NOTE this is the first time to download SW on this machine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I need help getting the student serial #. You can either buy the Student version from theThe SOLIDWORKS Student Storeor can ask your professor/teacher to help you with that (in case you college/institute has education version).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
design.library hello all. i would like to add multiple parts to my design library. but first of all i intend to add gears of all sorts. Has anyone done this before and if so would you happen to have a reference or link to locate parts?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
I learned the SolidWorks simulation by watching the YouTube videos. I am looking forward to take the CSWA - Simulation. To increase my confidence to take the test, it would be very helpful if anyone can provide a sample test video of the CSWA - Simulation.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I have the 2017-2018 Version obtained on a military discount for use in a 12-week SolidWorks class I am taking. If I later purchase, say, the $4k commercial license, can I then open my own prior designs made while using the EDU version, and re-save them anew in the full commercial version, would the EDU (aka non-commercial) taint be absolved? Tags:none(add)educational_version
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Publish EDU-licensed designs on-line? I have the 2017-2018 Educational version obtained via military discount. I'd like to share my designs on-line for free, that is to say, ZIP up whole files (parts, assys, dwgs) and post the ZIP archives as free downloads for visitors to my wholly non-commercial website here:ky8d.net.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
Loading task panes... does anyone have a solution for this error. I've tried renaming the solidworks file in registry and that did not work.loading task panes.PNG
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
Not turning out as supposed too. Lip on part. What is going wrong ?SWPT2a.PNGSWpt2b.PNG
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
I have a part that's come in two assemblies, means two assemblies have a common part (same in both). but "Part No." or "Vendor No." of each part in my drawing terminology shows it's position in design tree, so one part in two assemblies has two different Part No. But in file properties you can define just one Part No. . First problem is assigning two Part No. in file properties of part
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
I can't figure out this section of the tut. Where are the "Tutor2" icon ? Where is the "Appearances" Icon. And I don't see any "Color" option in the Property Manager.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
21 days ago
SOLIDWORKS Education Edition 2018-2019 Can anyone let me know the release date of education version for 15-16, 16-17, 17-18 and 18-19?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
24 days ago
As a student I recieved the student license of Solidworks 2017-2018 from my university and a Standard 2018 license from my boss. I need both versions on the same pc. Everytime I try to install one of them, both become the same version (Student/Standard).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
Group Collaboration with Solidworks I'm a student that uses Solidworks in my academics and amidst a group project wonder if SW has the ability to offer online collaboration with multiple users?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Tags:none(add)pipe bending Content tagged with pipe bending
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Solidworks Education Edition 2017-18 When will the next iteration of solidworks education be released??
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Does anyone recommend a good Video card to run solids works as well as a hard drive I am considering a new computer and it has this video card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5 Overclocked and the hard drive is 512GB PCIe SSD (Boot) 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s Any advise is appreciated thanks in advance Check list of certified video card from SW and you need you tell us how you use SW for your work?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
i just fail first part of cswp segment 1 and i notice that shuld be 90 minits for segment 1 and i just have 70 Segment 1 is 70 minutes onlyCertified SOLIDWORKS Professional Exam | SOLIDWORKS
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
This is a continuation of my last question, but I decided to ask it as a new question because it's a different topic. I've received a lot of advice that I should get shop experience before doing cad. I've been in a vocational school for 3 years doing a 90 minute class that's just solidworks.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago