What's new in the

SOLIDWORKS User Forum

Where SOLIDWORKS users discover, engage, and share about 3DEXPERIENCE Works - SOLIDWORKS desktop, cloud-connected, and pure cloud.

Just log in with your 3DEXPERIENCE ID.

I have sketched lines of varying widths in a .slddrw file. When I open the .slddrw file in eDrawings, all the lines are thesame width and they all print the same width. Is there a way to correct this? GuySolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
Hi, if you open a Solidworks Drawing and click the rotate button: the drawing vanishes: In 2014 rotate button was greyed out, so maybe you should not be able to click the button, but then the button needs to be deactivated. Regards, Gerald SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
8 years ago
Have eDrawings 2017 x64 installed on a computer that decided to stop working. Anyone know what may cause this? SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
My system is Dell Precision T5400 with 4GB RAM. I am usingSolidworks Professional 2008 with service pack 5.0. Solidworks application stops at any moment of time. Otherapplication is working fine at that time.
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
I have a cylinder that i need to do a revolve cut on. Therevolve cut form is a .984 diameter bar that i would like to use asthe cutting tool. The bar is at a 30-deg angle is it possible touse this bar as a cutting tool to revolve cut around the cylinder iknow some other 3D software can do thisSolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
For floating license, if I've a server with SW2009, can I useSw2008 software with this server ?SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
Anyone able to publish or embed an eDrawing on an SPO site? SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
3 years ago
Just a quick update--both versions of eDrawings are now universal apps for iOS. If you already have either iPad app, you can use it on your iPhone as well. More info on our blog: http://blogs.solidworks.com/solidworksblog/2012/11/edrawings-is-now-available-for-the-iphone.html SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
11 years ago
I can't open 2008, I have to double click on the part file toopen. When I go to Tools/Options Solidworks shuts down. I have reloaded 2008 several times and SP5.0 will not open at all. I have seached Microsoft, and tried everthing to fix this problem,with no results.
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
15 years ago
What type of Licence model is used here. Does it use flexlmand if so is there a dongle involved as well? Thanks, DaveSolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
I'm looking for input regarding pros and cons to using PDF files as "viewer" files compared to using eDrawings files. I simply need production/management to view the drawings and wonder how others have accomplished this without PDM. Thank you in advance. SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
9 years ago
What is the difference between the bending allowance, bendingdeduction, and k-factor? They do not all achieve the same resultand I would like to know the benefits of each to know which one touse to minimize scrap and mistakes in fabrication.SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
My system is Dell Precision T5400 with 4GB RAM. I am usingSolidworks Professional 2008 with service pack 5.0. Solidworks application stops at any moment of time. Otherapplication is working fine at that time.
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
Using SW2015 explorer today, I clicked on the "View" tab. I discovered the "old" style Edrawings! Not sure how practical it is, but it's there in all it's ol' skool glory. Spaceball works, browsing Assembly structure with pop-ups work, it's all there. SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
9 years ago
Is anyone else finding the Sustainability Xpress Betacrashing SWX? Also SWX seems to struggle to display anything in the environmentalimpacts dashboard? It just has a little circle spinning aroundwhich seems to be trying to retrieve data? SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
How do I make a helix go around a donut? I'm trying to draw a ferrite coil similar to the following picture. Thanks a bunch. SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
Hi, I try to open a drawing (*.sldprt or *.sldasm made in SW2009 SP4.0)for conversion to *.eprt/*.easm but the viewer crashes. Message when I move the cursor. "EModelViewer stops working"(translated from dutch) My SW and Edrawings is installed on a Vista business PC. Anyone who can HELP ?
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
Is there any way to break the *.prt association withSolidWorks? I tried through Windows Explorer > File Types and associated.prt files with AP100US, however they are still associated withSolidWorks and this is causing massive slowdown issues withAP100.SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
eDrawing for iPad is really a hot topic in recent days. Anyone like the ideas of viewing solidworks models from web browser without any plugin? Something like www.publishyourdesign.com. That is really feasible from techinical view.
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
11 years ago
Hi All, Does anyone know if it is possible to install eDrawings 2015 and 2016 on the same machine? Not that I want to run both but I'm reluctant to uninstall 2015 (awful as it is) until I know if 2016 is any better. Thanks for any help. Barry SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
8 years ago
Hi, My problem is totally black a part or an assembly objects afterpublished directly from SolidWorks. I use SW 2009, eDrawings SP 3.0. Reinstalation of eDrwawings didnot change anything Do you know how can I skip it? I also use SW 2008 - there is everything ok.SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
On my PC .easm files show color - not in my Mac version. Isthis normal? Is there a way to allow colors in a .easm file on theMac version? Gracias, Don NewmanSolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
I've imported a step file and set up a floworks project. Theinput data (materials, heat sources, goals) is extensive and when Ichange the CAD geometry I don't want to spend the time setting upagain. The inputs are nearly identical to the original geometry. Isthere a way to copy the input data to a new file?SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
14 years ago
Wondering if there is a way to disable features in edrawingssuch as move component and section view? Thanks!SolidworksEdrawings
SOLIDWORKS User Forum
15 years ago