I have run across this error and would like some help in solving it. I have counted the length of the file path, including the file extension and spaces, and came up with 109 characters. This is well below the 250 or so that is the supposed windows limitation. I have tried shortening the file path by eliminating some characters but that does not help.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 hours ago
Does anybody have and experience and or best practices in setting up a tablet of pc based floor accessible system to look at drawings, query models and access associated engineering data? I took a look at flatter files. It looks interesting.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
As part of our Solidworks upgrade from 2017 to 2019, I was hoping that our data update using the Upgrade Tool would also pass properties in our drawings and parts to their associated datacards. I updated the datacards to include additional properties, so when we did our PDM upgrade & version upgrade, all of the data would be populated. Since it appeared that the tool was simply checking out parts, saving them, then checking the files back into the vault. When you do this manually, you get a
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 hours ago
I am trying to finish an upgrade to 2019. The File Version Upgrade Tool has had some difficulty with a particular assembly. It hangs, and I have to "Cancel" the batch. I did this twice.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
Hello, I have been working on this for a few weeks now. Currently we have three computers running solidworks, two of them can login to PDM, while one has not been able to. Originally after installing SW 2018 I could login in to PDM, but after that the login just spins and pops up an error code. I have attached the error code, currently I am waiting on our VAR, who has not been any help for a few weeks, they say they are in touch with solidworks, but no answers have been guiven.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 hours ago
I am investigating why duplicate files are apparently being made by Enovia when people are working on an assembly. Quote "When assemblies are loaded, duplicate local copies of the same parts and assemblies are made." And then when they check in these the assembly later, they have to manually choose which duplicate to keep. Has anyone had this problem and know what could cause it?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 hours ago
Material Database I have a Problem with the material database. I've just installed SolidWorks2018 and now always when i click on "Edit Material" i get the Error :" Wrong Parameters".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
22 hours ago
I have a assembly, it is a wiring harness that has three derived configurations. Each of those has the same User Specified Name that is the Description that I want to populate in the BOM. The harness is in a larger assembly document where the derived configurations are used (a marker for a balloon call out, a graphic for an exploded view, etc.) but only one harness is needed for the final assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
If you have a template that accesses a master file (like a word document) how do you handle updating the master file? For instance, if you transitioned the master file from release to editing, made changes, checked it in over a period of time the problem could be that if it sits around for a while and someone runs the template then the edited but unchecked version would be used. Another option could be to copy the file then edit.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I noticed that after the vault view was deleted the cached solidworks files remained in the vault directory structure, but as a windows file structure. But now I'm left wondering if those left over files had valid links so, if the cache was complete, would all the assemblies work and find their parts without the involvement of the PMS database?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Dispatch getting data card value Richard BremmerNov 19, 2018 2:53 AM(in response to Prabaharan Pichaiyan) In your last screenshot "Set Variables" in the configurations box, fill in either @ or Default.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
We start using Component Reference field in Component Properties(like in the picture below)to define Inputs/Outputs in the machine. This values are displayed in BOM in SWX and I can copy and send the list to our electrical engineers to draw electrical wiring diagram.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I would highly recommend that there are no checked out files when you do the upgrade. Why risk it? We have done upgrades with files checked out yet without issue (but I never liked doing it, and I always made sure my files were checked in).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I'm writing a few macros to be used by some of our engineers, so I'm wondering if there is a way or setting that could make them automatically get latest version of the macro as soon as they make their daily login in PDM. If you're using PDM Pro, you can set this in the PDM Admin tool > double click your engineering group > then click Cache Options and select the folder where your macros are stored. You can then click "Refresh cache during log in"
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I checked-out an assembly with all its components. Then I opened the assembly and selected all parts via the left tree structure. I changed the material of all the parts via the custom prop. tab. I saved the assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Vault Creation Hi Mark, It might be an orphaned database file. Log into the customer portal at SOLIDWORKS.COM and search the knowledge base for S-019761.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
I want to move assembly files from one vault to another vault on a PDM server. What is the best way to do this, and have all required files move over with the assembly - without having to open each part and doing a save as operation? If PDM - Standart - can be tried - (if you have SolidWorks Explorer) - the context menu functions - Copy or Move.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
If you are asking about using ENOVIA in conjunction with SOLIDWORKS, then yes, in this forum, but under the Data Management space (I've moved your question there). If it is only about ENOVIA, not in conjunction with SOLIDWORKS, then you can ask, but you are less likely to get an answer here since most users are SOLIDWORKS users. Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Tags:none(add)archive server Content tagged with archive server
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
So we've recently (end of last week) upgraded to SW PDM Standard and I had a general usage/operation question before I get too deep into teaching myself anything improper. With the older PDM Workgroup we had a "Workgroup" folder on our local machines where all of the day to day info was kept and checked in from. This folder also contains the "SW Auto Recover", "SW Log Files" and "SW Temporary Files".
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
User cannot Checkin File User has checked out a file, and now cannot check it back in, warning message says checked out on another computer, but it shows its his computer name that it is checked out on. I have tried rebooting, and checking in from both explorer view without Solidworks open, as well as opening the file and trying to check-in via the Task pane.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
I can't figure out how this convert task add-in works. In the 2018 version it claims that you can use data card variables in the output file name/path, but I can't get it to work for Parasolid files. "Method call ModelDocExtension::SaveAs for document 'C:PDM_VaultProjects1305 LATERAL RETRACTORPDFs_Parasolids1305-0003_01_%Revision%.x_t' and configuration '1305-0003' failed.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago