I have one data card set up for all my files (sldprt, slddrw, step, pdf, dxf). When I run a covert task (sldprt ->dxf) I want the data card variables to get transfered to dxf file. I managed to do this by converting slddrw->pdf and sldprt->step, but can't seem to get it work with sldprt->dxf convert task. I did add all my variables in the Task window under File Card (see image).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 hour ago
I recently started using Solidworks 2014 and ePDM at my job. Since ePDM has been installed, I get this error every time I open a folder on our file server. I also cannot save to the server but I can open files. I have done a full uninstall and reinstall but same situation.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
I have an assembly that I built that has 1000+ unique parts. I need to add a custom property to each one but the value is unique for each part. basically I have a file name ex.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 hours ago
I have some print tasks set up. However, when I select a group of drawings to batch print, the task does not seem to send them to the printer in any kind of order. It would be nice if it could sort by the filename and print in order. Any ideas?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
Good morning. Does anyone know of a way to query the database for the alias of a variable? I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the alias of a variable but you can easily query the Variable table to get a list of all of the PDM variables:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 hours ago
how to schedule backup of PDM archive folder. "Yes i know we can schedule SQL backup "
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
I try to delete the part file from vault,which is in opened assembly. I can delete that file with the following warnings "File Opened by another application". After click OK file has been removed from the vault and saved as in that same folder.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 hours ago
We upgraded to 2018 last week, and now under external references settings, the Don't prompt to save read-only files (Discard Changes) button no longer works. When you go to save a copy, you will get any sub-assembly asking you to save that you don't want to save/change. This seems to be related to the versions of the files being on 2017. IT is completely frustrating to have to cancel out of a million save windows to save copies now.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Compare BOMS Is it possible to compare BOMs of two different assemblies in SolidWorks EPDM Professional ?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
If anyone wants to download a FREE tool I built to extract files from our 2017 PDM Workgroup vault (maybe it will work with older vaults) just message me and I'll send you a link to download it. It's freeware and runs on Windows. Here is a screenshot of the user interface:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Cannot check in to the Vault a large assembly, causes SolidWorks to crash. I am using SolidWorks 2017 x64 Edition, Service Pack 5.0
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
We are getting close to moving from Smarteam to PDM Pro and I have a question. Our normal "standard" method for revisions needs to be the same as it was in Smarteam, 01.0, 01.1, 01.2, 01.3 released at 01 02.0, 02.1 released at 02 and so on. Pretty simple BUT we had some older revisions which are 0A.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Why does a 5mb assembly file become 53mb when saved as a .step file?! Can you share the offending file?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
We recently moved our 2017 EPDM professional vault to a new server. The move was to upgrade the server OS and SQL software to the required level when we upgrade to SW 2018. After the move we have had a problem with SQL not starting after the server restarts. I then need to remote into the server and start the SQL service manually even though the service is set to Automatic.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
In workgroup, I can preview the PDF files (2d &3D) but I can't see the file in PDM standard Vault View Is there a way I can preview the PDF file or it's not available?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
how can I convert a toolbox item into a part/assy? A faulty setting, caused all new items b created as toolbox items (wrong file referal).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I've been using this technique for weeks - attaching SW drawings to the ECO (.xlsx) file that is being used to release them. It has never given me any trouble, but somehow today the feature has taken a hike. I select and copy the drawing file, check out the ECO (xlsx) file and RC/Paste as reference - except that for some strange reason 'Paste as Reference' is greyed out.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
Is there any way to repair corrupt SQL system database? For example when ‘model’ database is corrupted, I am not able to start theSQL Server service,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Change properties with treehouse? Double clicking on a component in Treehouse brings up a properties list, which you can edit. My question is, how does this information get saved back to the part file?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Drawing Recovery Solidworks crashed on me and I lost some work I did on a drawing. I have been combing through the forums looking for solutions.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
I have been trying to achieve this from a long time, but unable to do so. Basically what i wanted to achieve is as mentioned below,
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
Exalead OnePart? I see in the Downloads section of the SolidWorks Customer Portal a product called Exalead OnePart, sure looks cool, anyone playing with it? maybe even bought it yet?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
Basically i want to create a SOLIDWORKS PDM template in which i have a option to select different assemblies template! The way we handle this is by creating a different PDM template for the each SOLIDWORKS template. You can copy and paste a finished PDM template, rename it, and change the SOLIDWORKS template it uses so it's not much work.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
I am using SolidWorks PDM Professional and trying to get a file's file extension mapped to a PDM Data Card Variable on the File Data Card? Basically I want to store the files file extension in a PDM Variable called FileType (for example, DWG --> FileType Variable). What I am trying to do is to use one data card for multiple file types that display similar info.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago