I am using a design table to control the states of files within folders in an assembly. The use of the folders allows it to be easier to see what files are for what future configuration. Most of the time when the folder is triggered to be suppressed it will be, but sometimes the folders contents will still be resolved and just the folder suppressed. Not sure if there is a way to enforce the design tables power over the model?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 hours ago
Excel table while editing inside Solidworks How do I get the border around the excel table when editing inside Solidworks? It helps snap to cells so when we insert the table into a drawing it doesn't show anything other than the table.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Work Flow with Design Tables Over the last couple of months I've learned more about Design Tables than I thought I wanted or needed. Thanks in no small part to the contributors of this forum.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
I will try to make this as quick and simple as I can. A company i work for designs automatic doors, one of our subassemblies are door panels. The basic idea behind the door panels are the vertical components (stiles) and horizontal components (rails).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
linking external excel with design table I am linking an external excel sheet with a design table that is auto created. But the problem is whenever I am changing the name of the folder containing both the part and excel, the link is not working any more.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
In an assembly design table how do I suppress a part in the assembly? I apologize in advance because it seems I should have been able to search for this answer but have had no luck.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I've recently learned about the Custom Property Tab and think that I have found a bug where the list block erases data. It arose when I decided to create a template of my own, visible below.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I need to create doors. The door sizes are different every time.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
My product is SOLIDWORKS 2017 Students Edition SP2 My excelverisonis MS 2016Proffessional
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
My product is SOLIDWORKS 2017 Students Edition SP2 My excelverisonis MS 2016Proffessional
SOLIDWORKS Forums
16 days ago
I am currently drawing some custom nuts and using the thread feature to make the internal threads. Is there a way to control the thread size by using a design table? Currenlty i have to edit the feature for every new size of nut i draw.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
17 days ago
how can I make a bill of material table style with progressive letters (A,B,C...) instead of numbers? There is an open SPR covering this issue. However you can create an Excel based BOM which you could then create and extra column with the formula "=CHAR(A2+64)" where A2 is the cell with item 1 in it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
19 days ago
Design Table Icon Missing I am unable to get the design table icon to appear in the configurations tab. Every time I create a design table in any part it looks like this:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
20 days ago
My cosmethic thread looks like this: I have "show all annotations" and "cosmethic thread" options enabled. You can see a very slight shade of thread, but this is almost impossible to see.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
As the title explains, Configuration Publisher doesn't showing dynamic updated values from Design table. The static values work fine but not the one which are dynamic or updates based on some selection. In the attached file, the design table Range F7:G7 updates based on the plane distance. The design table updates correctly but in Configuration Publisher, it shows one fixed/static value and doesn't update with any changes in F7:G7.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
I am creating custom tubes that I can use for routing using a design table. I think I have the most important things down (ID and OD) but would love to add things such as bend radius and material. Can anyone help me with how to edit my table so this is included?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
28 days ago
What's the difference between these three features which seemingly perform similar tasks? I wish to create one "master" part wherein only one dimension changes (Length) then insert different lengths of that part into an assembly.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Is it possible to lock a configuration from ever changing? Ill give a simple example. I have a board, this board has different cutouts, of varying sizes and locations.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Is there a hot key to toggle selected check boxes in the configuration modification box? As below I've highlighted the ones I want to unsupress. Can I toggle them all somehow rather than individual selecting them all and toggling?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Is there any way for a design table to control the sheet scale that is used in a drawing? Here is my dilemma. I have a master models that have up to 2000 or so configurations. I need to export a drawing of every configuration as a .pdf and a .dwg file.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Solidworks design table header character limit I am trying to find out if there is a character limit on the design table header for example "$configurations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" .
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Problem: If I try to insert a design table into a part or assembly document, nothing happens. Like literally. Nothing happens at all. No errors, not screen flash, nothing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Absolutely Aggravating Here's what's happening:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Design table problem Design table problem
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago