Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Categories:
Sort:
Animation Library Issue If i use the animation library to load an actor and then move on and do the same to another actor, for some reason it changes the location of the first actor. any suggestions on how to fix this?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 hours ago
We are experiencing an odd problem: Our IT guy plugged in his very old 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator and it worked straight away in our new installation of Solidworks Composer 2018. We, the users, have purchased the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact and these do not seem to work with Composer 2018. The 3D mouse works correctly on the same Win 10 - PC with the trainer software. Therefore, it is not an issue with missing connection or missing newest driver.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
I have an animation where the camera view goes from a side view with camera perspective off, then pans around to an isometric view with camera perspective on. It seems to keep perspective off until it has reached the final camera position, then turn perspective on. The actor is about 20ft long so this causes quite a noticeable "jump". Even when I simply turn perspective on/off the view changes significantly, zooming in an obnoxious amount to the actors.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
No, this is not possible. But you can use multiple detail views (Workshop High Resolution Image (pixel-based), Workshop Technical Illustration (vector-based))
SOLIDWORKS Forums
7 days ago
I am having trouble being able to save my SolidWorks file as a Composer file without having missing parts. I have an assembled elevator model, so it has a lot of components in it. When I open the file in Composer it is missing a lot of parts from the assembly. Is it because there are too many parts?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
Multi-line text? Yes, the easiest way would be probably to use a label and remove the attachment if not needed. You would then simply double double click the text string property or click on the 3 dots to the right of the property and enter as much text as you like.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
I need to make changes to a SolidWorks model, but I do not want to have to redo the animations that I created in Solidworks Composer. Is there a way to update the composer file model without having to redo the animations? Of course there exists the File / Update function.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 days ago
Hello Manfred,... run the composer installer (exe) using "troubleshooting compatibility"... that is, right mouse button over (exe) and a popup window will display.. and select "troubleshoot compatibility"... run it as a Windows 7 compatible. Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
I recently had to change computers and start with a fresh installation of Composer. Now every time I move anything in the viewport it automatically creates a new view. I don't want this. I know there is away to turn this feature off, because I had is disabled on my old computer, but I can't find it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
First is that it will need to be a Windows tablet running a full Microsoft OS (I highly suggest Windows 10). The Microsoft Surface Pro tablets are well suited for the task, however you need to make sure there is enough RAM and GPU power (at least an HD520 integrated GPU as Dirk mentioned) in the tablet to run Composer Player smoothly, which shouldn't be a problem with a "Pro" tier tablet. I tried this a while ago with a base model Surface tablet with 2GB of RAM with a low-end integrated gpu and
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
I'm saving an svg file with hotspots in an assembly, in order to link between various views. In composer, I can see the hotspots appear all over the assembly whether they are behind other actors or not. In the svg file, if another actor is blocking the hotspot, I can't see the hotspot.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
18 days ago
I'm not sure how to explain this, except that when I open a Solidworks file in Composer, the scale of the parts is what I expect them to be, normally proportioned. When I save a new view or update an existing view, the parts on the screen and in the view window stretch or squeeze so that everything looks taller or narrower than it should. If I double click the display to re-center the parts, or move things around, it will pop back to the normal dimensions, then back to the unproportional scaling
SOLIDWORKS Forums
25 days ago
Re: Creates an object with two movements Jive Software Version: 2018.10.0.1_jx, revision: 20181102150941.22e8dc7.release_2018.10.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
I can't get past the very first "open" screen because their are no parts or assemblies shown for selection in the directory in which they reside. I think you don't have a SOLIDWORKS installed on your computer, and installed the "CAD-Translator" either.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
Flat corner arrow I am afraid that this is not possible. I tried to create such an arrow by using different kind of arrow types but didn´t get a satisfying result.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have a Composer project file and to this date I have created many views, and there are still many left to be created. Thomas KurtmannNov 14, 2018 2:32 AM(in response to Patricia Gonçalves) I am not sure if this is possible. I didn´t find such an option.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I noticed that my colleagues who work with composer are inserting composer pictures (.png) into word when creating instructions. Is it possible to insert composer file directly (similarly as autocad drawing) and to be able to open it in composer when double clicking on it? Alessandro TORNINCASAEmployeeOct 12, 2018 1:22 PM(in response to Damir Galic) Richard Earleywrote a blog post about this:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I was wondering if there is a way to highlight actors or surfaces and save that in a view. I know I can hover over an actor and highlight it during selection, but I need to actually create views with certain components highlighted. I did try changing the actor color to make it look highlighter, but it doesn't look great.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have set up a video to be rendered, and when I scrub through the timeline, the edges are smooth and how I want them to look. When I go to render out the video though, the edges change to a jittery looking edge. I have attached a photo of what it looks like, and an image of how it looks when I scrub through the timeline. I have tried changing the window resolution, the jittering passes and FPS in the settings, but it still has the same result.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Hi, I'm trying to produce assembly instructions for my FRC robotics team and heard that composer is the way to go, but when I try and load my assembly, I can only see two of the parts. Changing visibility to show all does nothing. I have absolutely no idea how to use this tool so if this is something painfully obvious, I'm sorry, but I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
What can i do about this? the only difference of the two Detail views is the moved pipe. i have tried different globallines and are now on Technical in render choose Construction Edges 0.5..... i do not understand why i got this problem the bolt and brick has not the same issues. I have tried diffrent bolt and nuts in diffrent angels and cant find a way to resolve it myself?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
i did not on the real view graphics in solidworks. directly i opened via composer. how to get real view without updating components Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.1_jx, revision: 20180814200645.7fbf90c.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
i have updated to sw composer 2018 7.5.3.1316 on windows 7 (x64). now i cannot get the technical illustration workshop to save as svg or even preview the views. tried other smg files (that worked fine with previous composer versions) and get the same error.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago