Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I am trying to do a simple tool path to cut along the grooves in my part. I have tried feature based as well as using just a sketch. Did you try a curve feature?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I wasted an hour reading through the turning tutorial and trying to figure out why nothing would work. I could choose "Turn Single Turret" as the machine (even though, as I now realize, it was grayed out and the "Select" button was unavailable) but "Turn Operations" on the Command Manager never activated. I though maybe it was something wrong with my settings or installation.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
I'm a user of PowerMill, and I'm trying to use SolidWorks CAM. SolidWorks CAM has different concep with PowerMill, so I'm little bit confused. I tried to make finishing tool-paths for the smooth curved surfaces, but I didn't know how to do.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 days ago
When I select a profile of a boss an try to machine it, it simulates fine but the actual machine HAAS VF3 will not run it. I get Tool Radius Compensation errors every time. It seems like CAM Works wants me to have zero radius tools. It is programming the path as if it is the center of the tool.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
Universal Post Generator I need to build/customize a post processor for my company's Fagor-controlled CNC mill and lathe. I'm currently trying to get the Universal Post Generator (UPG;https://camworks.com/universal-post-generator/) to run, but I'm encountering severe problems.:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
Bonjour tout le monde, je découvre petit à petit solidworks cam 2018, et je suis à la phase de création de la forme de l'empreinte. en mentionnant que cette empreinte contient beaucoup de formes. Pouvez vous me donner les étapes à suivre pour arriver jusqu'à l'obtention du code G de ma pièce. je vous remercie. Je joins une image relative de l'empreinte à produire:
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
Different simulation results from reality Why different results by indicating solidworks simulation(3.8 N/mm) for getting the spring stiffness from The results that I got from a certified lab (4.7 N/mm)?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
I have a Shopbot that works OK for what we do. It came with VcarvePro which sometimes makes me tear my hair out. SW CAM comes with a dozen or so generic post-processors but not Shopbot.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
Bonjour tout le monde, j'ai Solidworks 2016 sur lequel j'ai greffé Solidcam 2017. je souhaite effectuer une simulation de fabrication pour ressortir le g-code mais je n'arrive pas à définir l'origine de la pièce brute. je ne sais pas si quelqu'un a déjà eu ce problème, mais j'ai besoin de votre aide. Qu'est ce qu'il faut faire sachant que j'ai déjà utiliser les controleur cnc mais lorsque je selectionne une surface, le petit v vert ne s'active pas..
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Today i'm going to ask something that i wonder if it can be done on SW18 CAM. I'm modelling some sheets to be cutted in a CNC to fold it later. The thing is that several programs has the option of adding taps/tabs/bridges trough a contour.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I have a Torchmate plasma table and would like to try SW cam with. Does anyone have a post that would work? If you need help customize and develop any SolidWorks CAM post processor please do not hesitate to contact me.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Hello everyone!I updated my SolidWorks to 2018 recently, and i'm very enthusiastic with the CAM module! I was experimenting a little bit, and today i wanted to produce some washers from a sheet of material. With a couple of requirements;
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
You have to let me talk to the controller. And don't assume that it is just a matter of time before I choose the midpoint of a line. I am excited to think that SW 2018 includes some CAM functionality.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
We mostly do Alum. & Plastic parts and use HSS tools not Carbide. Cam always picks carbide tools and I am change feeds and speeds. Can I set something to get Cam to default to HSS tools instead of Carbide?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Hello everyone. I'm having some issues working with CAM tool, specifically with chamfers. I need to mechanize a square part and make a chamfer on its perimeter, but all the operations has to be done with only one tool, a DRILL MILL Diam. 3mm x 45º.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Where can I find good cam tutorials???
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
In Machine selection window there is no option for selecting 2.5 or 3 axis machine. there are Matrix , 4 and 5 axis selection. I would be pleased if anyone can help me out in selecting 2.5 or 3 machine.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I have created a SolidWorks CAM file and want to make a small edit. Is there a way to start the SolidWorks CAM Editor without starting SolidWorks? I have NotePad++ and a few other text editing programs but would like to use the SolidWorks CAM Editor.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Hi everybody. I'm having some issues with the CAM module (again). I make a program to use in a postprocessor MACH 3 (G54) but in the text file appears an error; several lines ends with dots, and when i put the program on mi CNC, every time that it comes to that point, it stops.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Post Editing I have used some YouTube tutorial videos to do some editing of my post file. But, there are still some changes that I would like to make that are not covered.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Hi everybody ,mill 4axis,5 axis and turning are disabled in solidworks cam ,somebody helps me please SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard only provides 2.5 axis milling.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I saved out some flat panels with holes and cutouts as Parasolid Binary x_b files. When they open, Solidworks CAM is set to Turn instead of Mill. Hopefully this is easy, but I haven't been able to figure out how to switch to Mill. These look nothing like lathe parts.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
We just upgraded from SW2016 to SW2017 and HSM2017 to 2018. It did not go smoothly. I am certain that if you added up the amount of time
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
First Timer here. I was wondering do any of you know why when I double-click on Machine in the Solidworks CAM Operation Tree, my machine setup won't appear anymore? I also tried clicking on Define Machine in the Solidworks CAM tab.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago