Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
SW CAM comes with a dozen or so generic post-processors but not Shopbot. However Shopbot will accept G-code so I'm wondering which of these pre-loaded post-processors would be best for producing code for Shopbot. If anyone has experience with this.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I created a simple part in solidworks 2018. I assigned toolpaths, a coordinate system and could output g-code as a single part with no problems. I created an assembly to machine multiple parts but I can't get Solidworks Cam to recognize the correct Coordinate System.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 days ago
Mazak Matrix post processor We reacently installed a 2012 Mazak 510C-II with the matrix control. I am looking for a post generator for it. solidworks cam goes through cam works and they provide a program called UPG to create your own post, but there are no settings on how to start creating for a mazak.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Is there a way to disable this thing. I am trying to do a drawing of a multibody part, and EVERY time I go to select a body, I get a stupid warning about Solidworks CAM data needs to be updated. EVERY single freakin' time, no matter if I select OK or CANCEL.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
It will not prompt. It needs to be entered in the machine setup on the tab shown below. We do not prompt on posting for any post items. They are entered when you specify the machine, post processor, and toolcrib inside of SW CAM.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
23 days ago
Trying to mill a chamfer. I made a 45degree Boss feature and now milling with the contour operation. Milling path is now on the wrong side of the featrure (inside the Material) how can I flip the side to mill? Thanks!
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
My company recently acquired aStepoko CNC Machinefrom Sparkfun. We are looking to utilize SolidWorks new CAM feature with the machine for some in-house prototyping. The Stepoko board runs on Grbl v1.1, so I need a post-processor that will output to a format like that. None of the standard machine profiles included with SolidWorks seem to work.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I'm new to CAM in general and Solidworks CAM in particular (though I've used Fusion 360 CAM a little). I'm trying to create this multi-surface feature and you can see by the picture what I'm hoping for.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I was going through menus to become more familiar with the software and clicked on Solidworks Cam to see what it was. I am now stuck in Cam and cannot find a way to get back to 3D CAD to go back to modeling. I have not and never will use CAM so i tried to disable the add-in but that just removed the options at the top of the screen, How do i get back to 3D CAD so i can continue modeling?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Comment lancer solidworks cam nc editor sans lancer solidworks sur le même poste ? J'arrive à le lancer en passant par les exemples du tutoriel mais dès lors que je quitte je ne peux plus le réouvir. J'ai un message d'erreur : Invalid or missing key given ? Merci pour votre aide
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I am using Solidworks Prof. 2019 and Solidworks CAM Professional. In Autodesk Fusion 360 we have various types of 3D processing including parallel, ramp, pencil and much more.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Cutter cutting outside boundary SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP3.0
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
how do i change my machine group while having a toolpath group Jive Software Version: 2018.7.0.1_jx, revision: 20180814200645.7fbf90c.release_18.7.0-jx
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
Does solidworks cam professional need solidworks to run or it can run individully? Adrian CzaplaAug 16, 2018 3:26 AM(in response to Muhammad Osama Siddiqui) SOLIDWORKS CAM is an add-in, so you need SOLIDWORKS to run it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
How do I get my custom controller to output the X,Y, & Z coordinates to each line of g-code? UPG Editor is not helping me any. Can you supply a little more info?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Is it possible to run the SolidWorks CAM NC Editor as a stand alone program at another computer? I am programming from my SolidWorks models here at my desk but the Onsrud Router is on the other side of the building. Currently we are using AlphaCAM to open the G-Code and then port it to the Onsrud. I would like the operator to be able to use the SolidWorks CAM NC Editor at his terminal.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Hello everyone!I updated my SolidWorks to 2018 recently, and i'm very enthusiastic with the CAM module! I was experimenting a little bit, and today i wanted to produce some washers from a sheet of material. With a couple of requirements;
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I'm a user of PowerMill, and I'm trying to use SolidWorks CAM. SolidWorks CAM has different concep with PowerMill, so I'm little bit confused. I tried to make finishing tool-paths for the smooth curved surfaces, but I didn't know how to do.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
When I select a profile of a boss an try to machine it, it simulates fine but the actual machine HAAS VF3 will not run it. I get Tool Radius Compensation errors every time. It seems like CAM Works wants me to have zero radius tools. It is programming the path as if it is the center of the tool.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Hi, I am having major difficulties here. Since I upgraded SW2018 SP2 to SP3 the cam side has given me all sorts of grief, as in, it won't install. I keep getting this error
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
SolidworksCam 2018 toolpath generation When trying to create toolpaths in SolidworksCam using Automatic Feature Recognition there are instances where collisions happen.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Stock Manager For a while I have been designing parts in SW and machining them manually. Our VMC was finally repaired last week, so I am pleased to find that CAM is now included in SW Standard 2018 (which we have).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Anyone have any experience using Solidworks CAM 2018 to post process to an older Haas VF0 and an older Haas Mini Mill controller? I see an option for a Haas VF3, but not the machines that we have. We just got these machines from a company acquisition and I have been out of the CNC game for some time, so I am trying to see what it would take to get these up and running quickly (is in if I need to purchase a standalone CAM package or something else).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I am trying to do a simple tool path to cut along the grooves in my part. I have tried feature based as well as using just a sketch. Did you try a curve feature?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago