Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
I have an assembly in which I am using a manual press that is secured to a base plate. All of the mates are satisfied but when I close and then re-open this assembly, the mates have problems (both WARNING and ERROR). Upon re-opening the file, the parts will lose these mates, distorting the orientation of the parts.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 hours ago
I've been tasked with creating a model and adding "air" (shown in blue) to an assembly. When I create the cavity and subtract the parts from the "air " I get Zero thickness geometry. The assembled parts touch on the selected edges.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
9 hours ago
I was looking around in the Advanced Selection tool, but couldn't find an option to search the "Component Reference" property. Here is what I'm referring to as "Component References", found inside the component properties dialog box.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
10 hours ago
I have made a linear pattern in a part, at a assembly mode and i have made a equation for the instances but the SW tell me that i have an error .Can you tell me anyone where is the problem? ,and how can i fix it? .
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 day ago
Now when I drag part 2, part 3 which is on top of part 2 would stay still until the wall of part 2 hits part 3, then part 3 will start moving. My goal is when I move part 2, part 3 would move with part 2 even without part 2's wall hitting part 3 (like there is friction between 2 and 3, so part 2 and 3 keep then relative position), and also when I move part 3, part 2 would move when part 3 hit part 2's wall.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Basic things like columns, beams, braces, etc. We use weldments to get the shapes needed, but just for each single part. Then, assemble those parts and the plate work in an assembly which correlates with our shipping marks. Those shipping marks are assembled into another assembly, which is the full layout of the sales order and is used for a general arrangement/construction drawing.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
I assumed that using the freeze bar on all of the parts in an assembly would speed up the loading of that assembly but it doesn't seem to help at all. Does anyone have any experience with this? The Freeze Bar will help with the rebuilds, not the loading.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 days ago
Is there a reason SolidWorks won't let me use feature propagation when I am creating a feature in an assembly that I would like to propagate to the part level? Even when specifying that the parts to be modified (which don't include any of the sheet metal parts), I still get the error as shown in the images. Try to just pick one feature at a time, it is telling you that you are trying to propagate three features to the same part, just pick one, then do it again for the other feature...........
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 days ago
Large Assembly Performance Discussion I would like to start a discussion on performance with large
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Exploded view step sometimes snaps back when dragging Once in awhile when I want to drag an exploded view step with "auto-space components on drag" selected the components snap back into place when I finish dragging. I've found that if this happens I can type in a value in the distance window and they will stick and behave normally, but I haven't been able to figure out why the drag isn't working.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
I am working on an assembly, and it has been years since I had to do anything beyond designing a simple part in solidworks. I have most of the assembly done, however I am having problems getting a couple of mates to work. I am trying to get the circled pins to attach to the circled holes in the attached picture. However whenever I try to mate them it cancels out the other mates.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Assembly Equations "Show Feature Dimensions" under Annotations. When i go to View=> hide/show=> Component Annotations
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
After a motion study creation, in the assembly model view, all the faces where corrupted. As you rotate the view, all the faces change, some solid and some transparent. (See Photos). On the Motion study tab they are okay.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
So I created a double V belt drive using the belt function in SolidWorks. Now after installing the shafts on the pulleys, and the gearbox the belt has to drive, the belts are not on the pulleys anymore. The pulleys are still concentric with the belt, but the belts have shifted to the side. Rebuilding doesn't fix it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
For me it is very important that all dimensions of all the parts can be controlled from one single Excel file. I've searched around and tried a bunch of stuff, but I can't find a way to make this work. The short answer is yes, this can be done.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
11 days ago
I am having trouble reliably selecting the center of a circle of circular edge for defining a mating constraint. I got it to work once but can't seem to repeat. In my one successful case, the point may have shown up for other reasons (I believe it was the origin of the part).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
We are started using solid works toolbox. We have made our own toolbox but the problem is when we use Smart Fastener command then it will allots hardware to the hole wizards. But it allots wrong hardware e.g. in counter bore it allots hex bolt etc.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
do you think mating to part sketches causes instability of solidworks, does it reduce overall speed? What do solidworks developers recommend on how to mate? Although I'm no SolidWorks guru, I have over time used plenty of sketch entities in various aspects as mates in assemblies and had no issues.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
12 days ago
I figured out how to change that... but is there a way to do it for every config all in one go? Or do I have to do this one at a time... which I dread, as some of the other assemblies have a lot more configs than this one. 1.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
13 days ago
For the last few months, i'm reading for the CSWP exam. I bought the Official CSWP guide but i'm stuck with a question regarding the re - orientation. I have the right method but i cannot figure how it actually working...Why all mates are coincident.....why not perpendicular ...and why the top plane of the bench vise component goes with the right plane of the assembly...etc ...etc...
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
I can't figure out why I'm getting these errors. This is a part of my overall assembly that is causing the error. When I set the pivot tube to rigid, I have zero problems. When I change the tube to flexible, it says that there is a problem with my mates.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
i have this assembly with the universal joint, as in assembly 1, when i fix these 2 white cylinder and i rotate the grey cross, the system still rotate as it should with weird movement at the big wheel so i decide to fix the white part with 2 holes but after that, the whole system wont rotate anymore, tks if any1 know what is wrong with my mate because i only self-taught solidworks through internet and i want the system still rotate after i fix the white parts. HERE are my 2 pics and the whole
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
I am working on designing a flexible tube that will be held together by joints so they can rotate in two degrees of freedom (up/down and (left/right). The assembly uses the same part. When three of the same parts are mated together, I am able to move the parts freely by dragging one of the parts that are not fixed.Capture.PNG
SOLIDWORKS Forums
14 days ago
mirror part orientation Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I'm trying to mirror a part in my drawing, and none of the 4 orientations give me the desired result. The only way to make it work is to select "Create opposite hand version" which creates a new part file, even though it is a simple flat plate (left and right should be exact same part).
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago