Please watch this video, for a complete explanation of what is expected in this challenge:
Hello SOLIDWORKS Power-Users and welcome to the 12th WPUC!
Other than having fun solving riddles, the goal of this week's WPUC is the same as always: facilitate through brainstorming the finding of new techniques and methods, for the benefit of the SOLIDWORKS Community.
Hopefully we will:
This week the topic is editing imported geometry. You can use any techniques you want, using surfacing or solid tools.
The Challenge Process and Rules:
1. Download the attached Parasolid file
2. Open it in SOLIDWORKS
3. Heal any topological errors using Import Diagnostics.
4. Move the yellow face 1 mm in a direction normal to the flats of the cut-out.
5. Preserve any existing draft angles. Some faces could be translated and others stretched along their natural untrimmed fabric.
6. Try to preserve the current topology
7. It is not mandatory, but do your best to preserve the face IDs in this process.
8. If you need to delete faces (e.g. rounds) in order to move other faces, you need to re-create them with the same geometry (e.g. same radius).
9. Upload the finished part to this thread. All features have to accessible in the feature tree.
10. You are allowed to use 3DExperience products, as long as the 3DExperience features are part of the SOLIDWORKS feature tree, and could be launched for editing from inside SOLIDWORKS Desktop product.
Deadline: Friday, November 3rd 2017, 5pm ET
Categories: Modeling and Assemblies, Surfacing