You are using a web browser or a browser version not supported by this website! This means that some functions may not work as expected.
Use or upgrade/install one of the following browser to take full advantage of this site
Internet Explorer 9 and above
Some of my derived configurations are not appearing on the configuration selection drop down.These are all in a design table.
Has anyone seen this before/ know how to fix it?
I've found this: https://forum.solidworks.com/message/671227?q=Some%20derived%20configs%20not%20showing%20in%20selection%20drop%20down
But it's not exactly the same issure.
Categories: Modeling and Assemblies, Configurations∕Design Tables
Did you check the bottom of your list? This happened to me when I added new items to my table they always show up on the bottom of the list unless you re-order them.
Another thing is I believe you have to regenerate each config for them to show up as well. I went thru and double clicked on each configuration to activate each one.
You can rebuild all configurations in SW 2017 and up using this little tidbit:
Another option is to slide your freeze bar up then downward (this forces a rebuild of all configurations (assuming you have that setting set:))
Also, you can use this little button:
Checked the bottom, no luck there.
Tried that, still no dice.
It's doing it with this angle ring, also. Many derived configs, but only the parents are showing.
Are these toolbox parts, and if they are have you removed the toolbox part flag with sldsetdocprop.exe?
I am having the exact same issues on a brand new install of 2017. Has anybody figured this out. It was working fine last week on my old laptop running the same version.
Not toolbox - completely modeled by hand.
Are you missing the green check to the right of the selection box also? I seem to remember one being there, but it's gone now.
I've restarted, repaired, tried different assembly tempatles, tried coworker computers with no luck.
I have the exact same issue running 2017 SP4.01. Tried running a repair but that didn't work. Resetting the registry resolves this but I find it painful as I have to go through all my settings again. If you work on a pdm I would get your var to look at this.
I reinstalled Solidworks and went back to SP 0.0 and everything is working fine now.
Grant Kirkland, Chris Daniel and Dan Griffiths,
Have any of you reached out to your VAR about this? This sounds like a large bug to me. If you can, contact your VAR about it and post back an SPR here, I'll definitely vote for it. I've got some configured parts I use, and if I run into this, I want it solved. What you guys are having to deal with is absolutely unacceptable.
I haven't contacted our VAR yet. Out of the thousands of configured parts it's only a problem on these two. Everything was fine 2017 SP3.0 so this seems to be a 4.1 specific issue. Effects everyone who opens the parts, so it's not computer specific - it's SW probably.
Well, it sounds like you have narrowed it down more than enough for the VAR to take over.
I had the same issue on 2017 SP4.01. I tried resetting the registry but it did not fix the issue for me. What did eventually fix the issue was to make sure that the configuration tree sort order was set to either 'manual' or 'history-based'. As you would suspect, numeric and literal do not seem to support derived configurations.
Yep, that did it. Good find!
Here is one other problem you may encounter that seems directly related to this issue. If you create the derived configurations while the configuration sort order is set to 'manual' or 'history based' you must switch the sort order to 'literal' before all configurations are accessible in the modify configurations dialog.
-What the modify configurations dialog looks like before activating 'literal' sort
-What the modify configurations dialog looks like after activating 'literal' sort. Once activated you can switch back to 'manual' or 'history based' so you can select the derived configurations in the assembly.
Many thanks Colt. I was having the same issue with part configs not showing up in an assembly. I read your post and made the changes suggested and it corrected everything.
Thanks Colt for saying that! That fixed the issue I was having all morning which I couldn't seem to wrap my head around. Hopefully they fix this in an update for us soon!
OMG, thank you. I spent hours trying to figure that out.
Thanks Colt, now don't forget to fix your templates! Mine were set to "literal" which I think is the default. Surprised I'm hearing about this now.