Discover what SOLIDWORKS users are discussing.
Working on a large assembly in Solidworks 2017 that has numerous linear component patterns and mirrored components. When the assembly is rendered in Photoview 360, none of the instances of the component patterns appear, only the seed component. Is there some setting for Photoview 360 that I have to change to render component patterns?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 days ago
I'm running SolidWorks 2017 x64 Edition, SP 4.1, and I'm having an issue with PhotoView 360. When I do an integrated preview of my assembly, PhotoView 360 adds in a cut that is no longer there (but was in an old render). The cut then visually stays in the assembly, even if I unload PhotoView 360. The only way to get the cut to disappear is by closing SolidWorks or Restarting the Computer.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
6 days ago
Render with contours visible I want to make a render of an aseembly where I want one of the parts to be rendered with visible contours, but I want the others to remain with non-visible contours. Is there a way to do that?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
8 days ago
My old graphics card failed so I bought a GeForce GT 710. This was a while back as I don't use PV360 that much. Tried to use it recently and all I get is the render window (Not Responding) then that quits and nothing else happens.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
15 days ago
I am currently testing a Threadripper 1950X rig (Windows 10) and Solidworks 2014 and thought that it could be of benefit to share some results here. The rig is not optimised for speed due to a faulty RAM module, so it is running with a single 8 GB DDR-4 stick at stock speed and is still approximately 2.7X faster than my i7 4790K when rendering in Photoview 360! Very impressive and look at all those cores :-)
SOLIDWORKS Forums
26 days ago
I wanted to initiate a forum discussion to understand your favorite tip/trick in PhotoView 360 or a concept that you felt would be important for someone new to PhotoView 360 to master. Basically imagine that you are responsible for training a new member of your group and that person is required to produce renderings in PhotoView 360. What tip/trick would you teach this person to help them use PhotoView 360?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
27 days ago
Hello All,.. I ran into a weird screen render using a camera... it seems to be only in 2017/2018 and only when a camera is used... pulses/zooms in-out/grainy.. see attached file/video.. (also, so far,.. it is ONLY this sldprt file... some sort of file corruption? Can anyone using 2017/2018 test and confirm seeing this..?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
29 days ago
Jive Software Version: 2016.3.9.0, revision: 20171215204634.b96715f.release_2016.3.9
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I'm trying to render a building and can't turn off the reflections. I googled and read answers and tried pretty much everything I saw.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
When I choose "Render Region" from the Photoview360 menu, the region normally appears in pink and I can adjust it. However, for some reason, it has totally disappeared and I can't find a way of getting it back. When I DO enable it, and
SOLIDWORKS Forums
1 month ago
I been working in my project and noticed that the Render window was not high lighted. Attached is a screen shot..
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I routinely used PhotoView 360, but I've noticed an odd change in its behavior recently. Unlike the past, no sound is generated when a Final Render finishes. In the past a series of noises (digital beeps) were played when a Final Render was complete. Now there is silence at the end of a Final Render.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
It was working perfectly, got to 99.99% render, then all of a sudden it crashed, and I had to restart my PC. After that, I couldn't use PhotoView 360 without SolidWorks stopping. I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to solve this.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
I've been experimenting with creating a simple animation in PhotoView 360 to simulate how I want an illuminated button to behave. The button would have a ring of LEDs beneath a piece of translucent plastic such that the ring would "pulse" on and off. As opposed to setting up multiple point lights, I'm trying to use an animated appearance change (specifically luminous intensity) applied to a component to create the "on" and "off" conditions.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
2 months ago
Can anyone one help me out???
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
If anyone is interested. Here is a link to presentation Ron Bates and I did titled,"Visualize for the PV360 User - Ease the Transition" If you're a PV360 user that's wants to give Visualize a try this might be helpful.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I'm trying to create a cutaway render of a new product and have a strange problem occurring. I originally created a quarter cutaway with an extruded cut in the assembly that cut through all but 1 part. Later I changed it to be a half cutaway and had it cut through fewer parts. Everything looks just right until I fire up the Photoview preview window or final render.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Hello - I need to have a bump mapped image but keep the color of that image - see reference below (black should be embossed). In other applications you can control the color or intensity of the bump mapped image so it is visible, subtle, or invisible over the embossing. Is there something similar to this in Solidworks or a method to achieve the same look?
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
I recently added a simple decal to the top of a switch which is now part my companies part library. To save having an extra file/image in with the components & running the risk of it getting lost or deleted, I made the decal self-contained within the part (by ticking the option in the Document Properties > Model Display) The only issue I have now is that the decal isn’t appearing when I render the part in Photoview 360.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
3 months ago
Model Disappears I have a model of an assembly. When I try to render it in PhotoView 360 (SolidWorks 2011) it just disappears.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
Im 16 and have 4 days to figure this problem out or I will fail the biggest exam of my life so far please help? So on my PC in my house I have Solidworks 2018 Regular version and I cant find the photoview 360 add in. I need to come up with a way to show a photo realistic picture of my part.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
hi guys, I need help trying to render an object on solidworks 2017-2018. I assembled it and when I go to use any of the render tools, (eg. final render or render window) they are unavailable to me as an option. they buttons are grey in colour and I am unable to select them. can anyone help me??
SOLIDWORKS Forums
4 months ago
There is a 26 year old rendering software called POV-RAY and it can render volumetric laser light... Here is a link to the example rendered image:http://guido.vonrudorff.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/final.png
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago
When rendering the part below I get a horizontal whitish 'stripe' through the middle of it. I can't figure out why. The .sldprt file I'm using is attached.Anybody willing to take a look? If there's something else you need, I'll provide it.
SOLIDWORKS Forums
5 months ago